[Tool] phpBB 2.0.8 to phpBB 2.0.10 Code Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
68%
Very Good
13%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
9%

Total votes: 47

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Thanks for the help and advice, TequilaTown. :)
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.
TequilaTown

Post by TequilaTown »

No problemo matey!
Garreth

Post by Garreth »

Hi all!.

I just followed this nice tutorial. Seems to be all ok, and everything seems to be working very nice, but I have noted a silly problem:

When I go to my private messages, and I try to delete one, once I get the confirmation screen, I can see this error messages just below the confirmation screen:
Warning: mysql_query(): 13 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/caosreal/public_html/eq2/phpbb2/db/mysql4.php on line 118

Warning: mysql_error(): 13 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/caosreal/public_html/eq2/phpbb2/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): 13 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/caosreal/public_html/eq2/phpbb2/db/mysql4.php on line 331

After this, there is a box that say "GENERAL ERROR" with this message:
Could not update private message new/read status for user

DEBUG MODE

UPDATE phpbbeq2_users SET user_unread_privmsg = user_unread_privmsg + user_new_privmsg, user_new_privmsg = 0, user_last_privmsg = 1101339188 WHERE user_id = 2

Line : 1816
File : /home/caosreal/public_html/eq2/phpbb2/privmsg.php

If we go to the line 1816 of the privmsg.php file, we can see this:
{
message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not update private message new/read status for user', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}

This is when I try to delete a private message. Then, when I try to delete a post, happen the same but with this errors just below the confirmation box:
Warning: mysql_query(): 13 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/caosreal/public_html/eq2/phpbb2/db/mysql4.php on line 118

Warning: mysql_error(): 13 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/caosreal/public_html/eq2/phpbb2/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): 13 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/caosreal/public_html/eq2/phpbb2/db/mysql4.php on line 331

Below this, the same as before, "GENERAL ERROR" but with a different error:
Could not obtain user/day information

DEBUG MODE

SELECT user_id, username, user_allow_viewonline, user_level, user_session_time FROM phpbbeq2_users WHERE user_id > 0 ORDER BY user_level DESC, username ASC

Line : 279
File : /home/caosreal/public_html/eq2/phpbb2/includes/page_header.php

At line 279 of the file page_header.php we can see this:
{
message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain user/day information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}

I don't know why I get this errors. I have to say that I can delete the private messages or the posts without any problems, the only thing is that I get that errors just below the confirmation box, but I can delete it perfectly.

How can I kill this sillys error messages?

A lot of thanks ;)
darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

Ok

I installed and now have to see if all mods are ok and Now I have to go
for 11 update but that one does not seem to be easy.
:(
darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

this mod I was using does not work any more after my upgrade

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/1005

The links hack it was using
include('extension.inc');
include('config.'.$phpEx);
include('includes/constants.'.$phpEx);
include('includes/functions.'.$phpEx);
include('includes/db.'.$phpEx);

I think the upgrade does not let it work properly :(
KG_evilboy

Post by KG_evilboy »

Umm... does anything like that exist for phpBB 2.0.10 -> phpBB 2.0.11 too? Thanks in advance :D
slackiller

Post by slackiller »

darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

Hey today I noticed I lost 2 other mods because of this update Now I have to spend a lot of time removing cods
well let's wait and see how many other mods will I loose when update to 11 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
~*Samantha*~

Post by ~*Samantha*~ »

Never mind :(
darakhshan

I do not need visual confirmation

Post by darakhshan »

Hi guys

I need to urgently upgrade.

How ever I have visual confirmation from smartor, so I do not need the visual confirmation in this update.

Can any body tell me which files I need to skip exactly?

Thank you

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”