[beta] EasyMOD v0.4.0

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
KandelCK1

Post by KandelCK1 »

OK here is one of my stupid questions. . .

Can you uninstall things that you have installed with EM? If so, how do you do it? I can't find the user manual anywhere to help me out.

Thanks!!
waggy_rules

Post by waggy_rules »

EXCELLENT PROGRAM! :wink:

Very helpful, however if there is one little difference in the code between the code that tells the program to find something, and the actual forum code, easyMOD will not recognise, but it will tell you what it cant find so you can find it easy and edit it manually.

KandelCK1- i dont think theres a function to do that on easyMOD automatically, but when easyMOD mods the specific forum files, it backs your files up BEFORE modding them. You should be able to find the backed up files in your mods directory when you ftp to it, e.g.
ftp.yoursite.com/phpbb2/admin/mods/the_mod_you_installed/backups

Then all you have to do is grab those files and overite the modded files in your forum with them. Then the forums will revert back to as they were before installing the mod. Hope this helps.
ndonezn

Post by ndonezn »

thx niksa...i figured it out and it was the location of my folders...
fazaljatoi
I've Been Banned!

Post by fazaljatoi »

very nice easy mod but one still problem
i instail with this 20 mods i want to uninstial one mod
but no opation i uninstail one mod only still opation restore backups
i click restore backups so my all mods remove from some files
help me :?:
Yjax

Post by Yjax »

niksa wrote:
ndonezn wrote:
ndonezn wrote:was trying to install att.mod and got this error...

Critical Error: could not find [../admin/em_includes/em_functions.php]. Aborting.

does this mean i have to locate those files and then put them in that directory...i dont know why they wouldnt be there :?

any ideas?

Did it give you any info about what caused this (like the line of code from the install file that caused the problem)?
I got this error message when I tried to install cashmod with Easymod:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Critical Error

COPY FAILED: The target file to be copied [./mods/cashmod/admin/admin_cash.php could not be found.
copy admin/admin_cash.php to admin/admin_cash.php
MOD script line #96 :: FAQ :: Report

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This error message is showed many times, but the text I made in bold, is changed in every error message.
Anyone know how to solve this??

Do you have all the cashmod files uploaded to yoursite.com/forum/admin/mods/cashmod/ ?

Have you been able to install anything successfully with EM before Cashmod?

I've already solved that problem.
eatthebaby

Post by eatthebaby »

Okay two problems

First, EasyMod doesn't take my username and password for ftp. I've double-checked it about 25 times and it is correct. I tried entering my ftp path rather than just localhost, nothing works.

Second, I tried to register on the area51 forums to report this problem, but I cannot. The image verification image has too many characters for the input text field.

Thanks
DennyCrane

Post by DennyCrane »

hey, when i try to install mods, it give me an error right after inputing my password:
Could not open [./mods/themodfolder/install.txt] for reading.

anyone have any idea why? i dont think that dot is supposed to be there, but how did it get there, and where could i fix it??
Mut

Post by Mut »

I have version beta1 (0.2.1a), if I am trying to upgrade to the current, newest version, how should I go about this?

Note: I already have many MODs installed and am using phpBB version 2.0.17.
http://www.rolleyes.net/forums - A site for general discussion, anime, game, tv, movies, fun articles, and more. Come by and become a member.
{CSC}Nino(L)

Re: [beta] EasyMOD v0.3.0

Post by {CSC}Nino(L) »

This is awesome you know?!
DennyCrane

Post by DennyCrane »

dirTdogE wrote: hey, when i try to install mods, it give me an error right after inputing my password:
Could not open [./mods/themodfolder/install.txt] for reading.

anyone have any idea why? i dont think that dot is supposed to be there, but how did it get there, and where could i fix it??

could someone at least tell me which file(s) are involved in this process so i can try to figure out the problem?

the install page loads fine if there arent any mods to install. this isn't an issue with a specific mod, but for ANY mod.
WarriorPrincess

Post by WarriorPrincess »

I was unable to post on the area51 board... won't let me register... keeps telling me that my password isn't long enough, when it is or that the confirmation code isn't correct and it is!

but anyway.... I need help with installing easymod... so if anyone can help me... would be most appreciated.

I got lots of critical errors in regards to templates... presume I don't have to worry about them as they aren't installed.

This was the main problem... as I said... if anyone can help... be most appreciated!

WP
The Error wrote:
Critical Error: Unable to complete writing of post process file.
Function Trace: main[4]->modio_close[1]->Function Trace: main[3]->modio_move[2]

FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [templates/Helius/images]
Current dir: []

Secondary Error - Critical
FTP ERROR: could not change directory to [admin/mods/easymod/]
anon3264

Post by anon3264 »

I need help.... Here is the error I got trying to install the user 2 user invite mod:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$strip_var_list['confirm_code'] = 'confirm_code';

MOD script line #317 :: FAQ :: Report
Francis33

Post by Francis33 »

dirTdogE wrote: anyone have any idea why? i dont think that dot is supposed to be there, but how did it get there, and where could i fix it??

Hi dirTdogE,
I installed EM yesterday, I am running 0.19 and got the same error.
I never installed any mods prior to this.
The one I tried to install is memberlist_access. So I installed it manually instead of using EM.
I did not manage yet to test EM with another MOD, just to check if it is a matter of compliancy between EM and the MOD itself or something else.
Please keep me informed if you find something, i will do the same.
Francis the Frenchy
MattJG77

Post by MattJG77 »

can i delete the mod folders within admin/mods/* after the mod is installed and working properly?

and why have some of the folders been ziped?
firocious

Easy Mod not recognising Thumnail Attachment Mod

Post by firocious »

I tried the following mod with EM 0.30 and all I see is a page that says "All mods processed".

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

Please see my post in that topic (at the end for details).

Any tips on what I might be doing wrong?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”