[beta] EasyMOD v0.4.0

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
BulletHead

Post by BulletHead » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:02 pm

Well i cant even install it it says its in the worng directory or something i put it in the Admins folder under a new folder called Mods

Serj21

Post by Serj21 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:59 pm

Installed easily. Works great and many mods ive installed via it.

Now adapting all my mods to work with EM.

Great job!

edwardsun

Post by edwardsun » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:13 pm

EDIT:

Never mind this post problem solved

safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:52 pm

Nuttzy99 wrote: Yup, they will appear if the header is written correctly. If they install... that's another question that only experimenting will tell ;)

-Nuttzy :cool:

This is annoying me intenesely. I write my templates carefully, and run them by the validator and they are sweet.... but your EM doesn't approve of them. Sure it installs them, but it says they are not EMC. Why? What should I be looking for to get the Nuttzy seal of approval? :(
safeTsurfa
Need help? First READ THIS
Personal projects: My Mods

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:43 am

JMan0948 wrote: I wish there was an uninstall for mods..... :)

It's coming up in a future version.

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:47 am

BulletHead wrote: Well i cant even install it it says its in the worng directory or something i put it in the Admins folder under a new folder called Mods

Whether or not you are upgrading or installing a new install, the EM download should have extracted a folder called mods. Inside that folder you would see a folder called easymod. The folder called easymod needs to be copied to admin/mods/easymod/. Then, go to http://www.yoursitename.com/pathtophpBB ... nstall.php. From there follow the directions provided by the installer and EasyMOD will install itself. :wink:

Upgrading is the same. Simply replace the old admin/mods/easymod/ with the new admin/mods/easymod/ and go to http://www.yoursitename.com/pathtophpBB ... nstall.php again and EasyMOD will figure everything out and upgrade itself.

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:55 am

safeTsurfa: There are no EasyMOD compliant MODs at the moment. See also http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewtop ... 25&t=12334 (primarily pages 2 and 3)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:58 am

safeTsurfa wrote:
Nuttzy99 wrote:Yup, they will appear if the header is written correctly. If they install... that's another question that only experimenting will tell ;)

-Nuttzy :cool:

This is annoying me intenesely. I write my templates carefully, and run them by the validator and they are sweet.... but your EM doesn't approve of them. Sure it installs them, but it says they are not EMC. Why? What should I be looking for to get the Nuttzy seal of approval? :(

That is a topic that has concerned me recently. Just take a look at the bottom part of this topic to see what I had to go through.

Actually, if your MOD is understandable by EasyMOD, and you simply insert

Code: Select all

## EasyMOD
(cApS don't matter), EasyMOD will show an "EasyMOD Compatible" badge under the EMC column. Therefore, someone could write

## easymod
or

## EasyMOD Compliant
or

## EasyMOD 0.1.13 Compatible
or whatever and EasyMOD will recognize it.

However, as EMC standards haven't been applied yet, there really is no such thing as EMC.

You really just ought to see http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB22/viewtop ... 25&t=12334 for the wacky details :wink: .

markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:39 am

Who cares about the "EasyMOD Compliant" concept if it doesn't really exists yet?

EasyMOD Standards | MOD Template Actions | MODs in Development Rules
Useful information for MOD Authors | MOD Queue Stats | Search MODs
Write SQL/DDL portable to all SQL servers supported by phpBB!
Get EasyMOD 0.3.0! | Suport al phpBB en Català!
8)

safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:48 am

markus_petrux wrote: Who cares about the "EasyMOD Compliant" concept if it doesn't really exists yet?

You are right Markus. I care not so much that I can have some official logo or whatever that it meets "EasyMOD standards", but simply that EM can install it faultlessly, since so many users like EM to do the work for them.

The annoyance is that since it does install my Mod, it would have been nice to see "EMC compliant" appear in EM as confirmation that it does, rather than leave me wondering if something within the MOD might fail if EM did the installation.
safeTsurfa

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:50 am

The idea is that if you install your MOD using EasyMOD with other MODs installed, problem COULD arise. Your MOD will always install with EasyMOD if you install it on a fresh MOD-free version of phpBB (or else your MOD wouldn't have been validated/released on the phpBB MODs Database!).

markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:59 am

Agree with Fountain of Apples. So, it is not as Easy(MOD) as it seems.

However, EasyMOD (and all its standards) seems to depend on just one man. A great man, but just one.
EasyMOD Standards | MOD Template Actions | MODs in Development Rules
Useful information for MOD Authors | MOD Queue Stats | Search MODs
Write SQL/DDL portable to all SQL servers supported by phpBB!
Get EasyMOD 0.3.0! | Suport al phpBB en Català!
8)

safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:16 am

But that is always true, no matter how a MOD is installed. In fact it is true of almost every one of the many I have installed on my own board, where template changes are needed.

Since I use a self-written style, and it is significantly different to subSilver, they always "fail". This is why I have always done my installations by hand, so I can see the code and make allowances for the difference in board style.

I suggest we adopt a "standard" statement concerning EM, until such time as some kind of official standard is/may be reached re. EM usage. I propose for the present time, we adopt the following line in the Author's Notes as an optional entry in the official MOD template:

## This MOD has been tested and installed successfully using EasyMOD {version_number}.
That would be meaningful, accurate, and will avoid confusion, as it makes no claim to achieving any official standard or level of compliance which does not as yet exist. The line would be optional, since it would only apply where the declaration was true.
safeTsurfa

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:47 am

At the current time, MOD Authors are allowed to mention compatibility with EasyMOD in the Author Notes, just are not allowed to use the

## EasyMOD
in the top of the MOD. Why the MOD Team let some MODs with

## EasyMOD
in the top of the MOD we'll never know.

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:56 pm

SafeTsurfa: Ptirhiik has already suggested 35 alternatives to "EMC". I don't think one is coming down the pike.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”