[2.0.17] Table BBCode

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
17%
Good
24%
Fair
4%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 46

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:00 pm

well.... did it work?
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

mattbugz

Post by mattbugz » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:06 pm

SlapShot434 wrote: well.... did it work?

It works, but is too inefficient. I would have to add:

Code: Select all

[size=x]X[/size]
for each object:

[mrow][size=x]X[/size]
[row][size=x]X[/size]
[col][size=x]X[/size]
--
Regards,
Matt

kyian

Post by kyian » Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:27 pm

Any of you have a link to a demo of this one, so I can see how it looks? cause i'm nor quite sure of that yet.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:36 pm

My own forum is the demo board.

Before I give you the link, I ask that you do not try to post a table until you click on the little question mark next to the table button so that you understand how to use it successfully.

http://slapshot.termee.com/viewforum.php?f=42
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

SethDeBlade

Post by SethDeBlade » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:26 pm

hi your table-bbcode mod is excellent, i really love it. though i have some suggestions for you ;)

1.) would it be possible to make the table-fontsize working like this?
[ size=9][table][mrow].....[/table][/size]

2.) the possibility to change the color in [row] is great. Would it be very difficult to give this ability to the [mrow]-tag as well?? For me a fixed mrow-color is not useful

3.) Is there perhabs a possibility to make the tableborders "switchable" as well?? e.g. [table] generates a table without borders and [table border=1] generates a table with borders.

Kepp on your good work, your mod is really great :thump-up: :)

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:37 pm

SethDeBlade wrote: hi your table-bbcode mod is excellent, i really love it. though i have some suggestions for you ;)

1.) would it be possible to make the table-fontsize working like this?
[ size=9][table][mrow].....[/table][/size]

At the moment, the only way to get this to work is by placing the size tags around the actual text that should be changed, meaning inside each row or column, not outside.
SethDeBlade wrote: 2.) the possibility to change the color in [row] is great. Would it be very difficult to give this ability to the [mrow]-tag as well?? For me a fixed mrow-color is not useful

I'll definatly think about this
SethDeBlade wrote: 3.) Is there perhabs a possibility to make the tableborders "switchable" as well?? e.g. [table] generates a table without borders and [table border=1] generates a table with borders.

I'm very hesitant to do this, but i'll think about it.
Last edited by SlapShot434 on Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SethDeBlade

Post by SethDeBlade » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:49 pm

@1.) i just wanted to show you another possibility if you are planing to add some "sive-feature" to your mod

@2.) great :D

@3.) why do you hesitate?? is there a spezial reason ??
I don't know, but shouldn't it be the same principle as for the color feature??

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:49 pm

just because if I make it too editable, it basically removes the whole point of the simplicity if the bbcode vs. the html.

Sammyed

Post by Sammyed » Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:54 pm

Hi,

I´m very interested but before proceeding to editing my files have a question for you...here:

Author Notes: This MOD may interfere with your forum if you have already installed another BBCode MOD.
I have already the scroll and fonts BBcodes MODS installed in my board.

Should I have a problem with yours?. :?: ...Would you like to be more especific with this "may interfere"?, How?. Please.

Thanks.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:06 pm

Just as long as you be very carefull in installing and be sure to use the correct file, you should be 100% fine.

Sammyed

Post by Sammyed » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:20 pm

That was a 100% fast feedback. :)

Thanks a lot, I´ll be working on it right now.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:33 pm

no problem. I wont be able to help you anymore until tomorrow afternoon, as I will be away from my computer, but I will be sure to respond to any questions when I return.

Sammyed

Post by Sammyed » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:40 am

It wont be necessary as I uploaded the edited files and works perfectly.

Thanks.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:24 pm

Sammyed wrote: It wont be necessary as I uploaded the edited files and works perfectly.

Thanks.

that's great to hear

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:28 pm

Just to inform everyone, I will be changing the code for the headers greatly for the next version

[mrow] will soon be modified to use <th>, and i will be creating a new tag for that. This new tag will be able to support background color changed, as well as width-designations (i hope).

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”