[2.0.17] Table BBCode

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
50%
Very Good
17%
Good
24%
Fair
4%
Poor
4%

Total votes: 46

mattbugz

Post by mattbugz » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:35 pm

SlapShot434 wrote: Just to inform everyone, I will be changing the code for the headers greatly for the next version

[mrow] will soon be modified to use <th>, and i will be creating a new tag for that. This new tag will be able to support background color changed, as well as width-designations (i hope).

How about Font size?
--
Regards,
Matt

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:21 pm

as I said, the size code works perfectly as long as it is inside any table tags. Since I have no clue what is causing it to not work out of the codes, I really cant fix that yet, sorry. I'm trying as hard as I can though
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:02 pm

SlapShot434 wrote: as I said, the size code works perfectly as long as it is inside any table tags. Since I have no clue what is causing it to not work out of the codes, I really cant fix that yet, sorry. I'm trying as hard as I can though

Aha! I think i may have found the problem. You see, the creators of many phpbb styles have gone rather overboard with the way they set up the css for their templates.

They are setting default values for simple tags such as <th> and <td>, and then also making seperate classes, instead of doing everything in each class.

This is causing the html that the bbcode refers to act strangely depending on what template it is being viewed from.

A table viewed on a template in which the designer decided to set a default value for a class-less tag, even though he never uses the class-less tag, will cause the text size to be perminant no matter what you set for the [size=] value.

This is really becoming a problem, but until the template designers realize that they do not need to set a default css for a plain tag, theres not much I can do.

I will be making a new class to add to your forums' css pages to work with the new [mrow] and [mcol] tags. This will hopefully help solve that problem, but not likely, since i have yet to find a way to make the html override the css.
PLEASE NOTE: I have left the coding community and no longer provide support for any coding I may have contributed to in the past. I apologize for the inconvenience and fully welcome anyone perfecting my code for the betterment of this community.

edwardsun

Post by edwardsun » Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:04 pm

I think you should make it the same as in html. eg ( [table][tr][td]blah[/td][td]blah[/td][/tr][/table] )

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:38 am

the whole point of using the other names is so that newbies who have never used html in their lives can understand what to use what for.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:35 am

Hey guys, sry it's taking so long to get this next version out, I'm still waiting to get a good answer in this topic: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=225987

Please look at it and let me know if you have an idea

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:28 pm

To all who may be wondering, this MOD, like many other BBCode MOD's, is NOT currently compatable with the new Multi BBCode MOD YET!, but I will soon release 1.3.0, which will be compatable.

abnaki

Post by abnaki » Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:44 pm

I've got a few other BBCode mods installed and I think that this would be our most usefull one but I've got a slight problem with a portion of the Mod ... in posting_body.tpl I can't find any reference to:

Code: Select all

<select name="addbbcode18" onChange="bbfontstyle('[color=' + this.form.addbbcode18.options[this.form.addbbcode18.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/color]')
or

Code: Select all

</select> &nbsp;{L_FONT_SIZE}:<select name="addbbcode20" onChange="bbfontstyle('[size=' + this.form.addbbcode20.options[this.form.addbbcode20.selectedIndex].value + ']', '[/size]')" onMouseOver="helpline('f')">
What gives? :?

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:36 am

which installation file are you using?

abnaki

Post by abnaki » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:34 am

table_bbcode.mod Guess I should be using table_bbcode_multi_bbcode_mod_compatible.mod? Problem is that I missed the note in the compatible file:
Only use this file if you have the Multi Quick BBCode Mod installed. Otherwise, use the table_bbcode.mod file.

Which I can now gather, that the opposite goes for the table_bbcode.mod file.

Sorry about that and thanx for your help.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:20 pm

no problem, BTW, DONT use this mod if you have version 1.4 of the Multi bbCode mod, it;s NOT compatable just yet

abnaki

Post by abnaki » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:27 am

SlapShot434 wrote: ... DONT use this mod if you have version 1.4 of the Multi bbCode mod, it;s NOT compatable just yet
This I did read in your previous post. :)

Thanks again.

jeep

Post by jeep » Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:47 am

Is there any way to disable the [row] and [col] tags from doing anything unless they are in a [table][/table] tag?

-JEEP

Nexile

Post by Nexile » Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:35 pm

Personally, I think changing all the names just creates more confusion. After installing the mod and assuming it'd work, I wrote out a fairly large table with common table bbcode format (you know, [td], [/td], etc) and now I need to go and change everything ...

I believe that it would help "newbies" by introducing them to something most akin to real html format, so they don't have to learn two lines of curricula if they eventually want to learn html. If the abbreviations "td" and "tr" are really that confusing, you could explain them in the mod...a simple "td = table data" and "tr = table row" would suffice.

But that's just my two cents.

SlapShot434

Post by SlapShot434 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:02 am

jeep wrote: Is there any way to disable the [row] and [col] tags from doing anything unless they are in a [table][/table] tag?

-JEEP

I've been trying desperatly to figure out how to do this, i think by version 1.4.0 Ill have figured it out, im gonna release 1.3.0 soon i hope

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”