Save posts as drafts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 65

smarty

Re: Save posts as drafts

Post by smarty »

how can I modify this so that the drafts come up as a separate link so that only drafts are shown if i click it and not combined with posts or topics?
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

smarty wrote: how can I modify this so that the drafts come up as a separate link so that only drafts are shown if i click it and not combined with posts or topics?

That wouldn't be hard if you know your way around php (especially easy if you don't care about losing egosearch but it wouldn't be that bad even if you want to retain egosearch and have a separate link for drafts). But since I have no use for that feature on my board I don't plan to figure that out. (If you know how to code but you need a bit of help, feel free to ask questions about it via pm.)

I also have some vague recollection that someone has asked for this in the past and there may actually be some code that was posted in this thread a while back that would give you a head start. But it may be hard to find those posts given how long this topic is.
smarty

Post by smarty »

nevermind, i figured it out and got it working....thanks
dellsystem
Former Team Member
Name: Wendy

Post by dellsystem »

I've been having quite a few problems with the MOD. My posting no longer functions (the error message

Code: Select all

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /hosted/subs/ulmb.com/o/d/odfmi/public_html/posting.php on line 1654 
is displayed whenever i try to post something) and my private messages aren't being saved as drafts. Here's the error message I get when I click Save as Draft in the private message page:
Could not insert/update private message sent info.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 2

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig, privmsgs_track_id) VALUES (6, 'test', 2, 3, 1176337380, '463752f7', 1, 1, 1, 1, )

Line : 1486
File : privmsg.php

That only happens when I try to save it as a draft, and not otherwise.

The posting error is probably just a mistake I made while editing the file, but any insight on that would be appreciated. Otherwise, is there a MOD that might be conflicting with this one in the private messages page, or did I make a mistake in editing?

Thanks.
Former moderator and website team member | My MODs, and more (GitHub)
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

dellsystem wrote: I've been having quite a few problems with the MOD. My posting no longer functions (the error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /hosted/subs/ulmb.com/o/d/odfmi/public_html/posting.php on line 1654 
is displayed whenever i try to post something) and my private messages aren't being saved as drafts. Here's the error message I get when I click Save as Draft in the private message page:

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 2

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig, privmsgs_track_id) VALUES (6, 'test', 2, 3, 1176337380, '463752f7', 1, 1, 1, 1, )

Line : 1486

That only happens when I try to save it as a draft, and not otherwise.

The posting error is probably just a mistake I made while editing the file, but any insight on that would be appreciated. Otherwise, is there a MOD that might be conflicting with this one in the private messages page, or did I make a mistake in editing?

Thanks.

The first error and probably the second are mistakes in the way you installed this. I strongly suggest you go back to your backup files and use easymod to install this mod. When easymod gets stuck on some code it can't find (because of other mods you have installed), it will tell you what it can't find and you can then change the mod script to adapt to what's actually in your files and run easymod again (etc.).

The alternative is to track down the mistakes you have made one by one nbut if you don't know much about coding that can be tricky.
dellsystem
Former Team Member

Post by dellsystem »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I uploaded the backed-up privmsg.php file and reapplied the edits (I didn't use easymod, but I made sure to double-check each edit - I actually found that the last error was probably due to me forgetting to put in a case: draft where I should have) and the same error is displayed:

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_privmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_ip, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig, privmsgs_track_id) VALUES (6, 'blueberry', 2, 3, 1176342001, '463752f7', 1, 1, 1, 1, )

Line : 1512
I don't think it could be a problem with my database, as I use mySql 5.0.27, and I made sure to edit everything in the privmsg.php file correctly.

What I noticed is that just a few lines before the above code, the Track PMs Mod by Manipe is installed. Could that be conflicting with this MOD?

EDIT: problem not solved, but gone anyway by deleting the function to save as draft in private messaging. Thanks to asinshesq for the help.
Last edited by dellsystem on Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Your problem relates to the tracking pm mod you have installed. That error message is telling you that there is no entry getting made for track_id. So something you did in privmsg.php messed up the track pm mod. See if you can figure that out. If you get totally stuck, pm me your privmsg.php file.
dellsystem
Former Team Member

Post by dellsystem »

Unfortunately, I'm back - I'm not sure if it was this MOD that caused the error or not, but I can no longer edit my posts. Deleting, quoting, and posting all work, but whenever I edit a topic and click submit, I'm brought to a page that says

There is no such post. Please return and try again.
Do you know if this problem could be caused by this MOD? If so, what file should I edit to remove this problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, problem solved by uninstalling the MOD.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

dellsystem wrote: Unfortunately, I'm back - I'm not sure if it was this MOD that caused the error or not, but I can no longer edit my posts. Deleting, quoting, and posting all work, but whenever I edit a topic and click submit, I'm brought to a page that says

There is no such post. Please return and try again.
Do you know if this problem could be caused by this MOD? If so, what file should I edit to remove this problem?

EDIT: Nevermind, problem solved by uninstalling the MOD.

Sounds like you made a mistake in following the directions for making the changes in posting.php or functions_post.php. Now that you are back to a working copy of phpbb, if you still want to install this mod I suggest you do it using easymod to avoid the careless errors we all make.
honeysmom

Post by honeysmom »

I am having a problem with this MOD...kinda

I installed this Mod and made 30 draft post with no problem. One dated each day of April. All drafts are still showing and each day I release a post with no problem.

However I have also did some other drafts, much longer. For some reason after a few days these post disappear. I am not sure why the first drafts I did are fine but my drafts after that continue to disappear after a few days.

Anyone know why this is happening??

I am currently useing phpbb2
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

honeysmom wrote: However I have also did some other drafts, much longer. For some reason after a few days these post disappear. I am not sure why the first drafts I did are fine but my drafts after that continue to disappear after a few days.

Anyone know why this is happening??

I have no idea (it doesn't happen on my board). Are you sure you don't have post pruning turned on for posts and drafts? Maybe you messed up on installing the part of the code that deals with pruning?
achievehigh.org

Post by achievehigh.org »

Does this "Save posts as drafts" mod work for forum version phpbbver2.0.22? Please reply. Thanks.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

achievehigh.org wrote: Does this "Save posts as drafts" mod work for forum version phpbbver2.0.22? Please reply. Thanks.

Yes.
honeysmom

Post by honeysmom »

I have no idea (it doesn't happen on my board). Are you sure you don't have post pruning turned on for posts and drafts? Maybe you messed up on installing the part of the code that deals with pruning?

Wouldn't post pruning delete the old ones first? That is why I'm confused. It is randomly deleting drafts.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

honeysmom wrote: Wouldn't post pruning delete the old ones first? That is why I'm confused. It is randomly deleting drafts.

Only if you made the pruning changes correctly. Assume for a second you messed something up in the installation...I could imagine pruning doing strange things depending on what you messed up.

Do you have pruning of posts turned on? If yes, do you also have pruning of drafts turned on? Does the behaviour you describe go away if you turn purning for drafts off?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”