Save posts as drafts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 65

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: Save posts as drafts

Post by asinshesq » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:11 am

taxlady wrote:P.S. I am thinking it is the second one, but don't want to attempt this again until I know for sure. Yup, I am chicken!
Correct.

taxlady

Post by taxlady » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:00 pm

Well, I grew some courage about 2am and used the second one and it worked. Yay!

Sorry I didn't get this posted to before your quick reply, Alan ~ thanks so much, you were a huge help with this.
Jules

BWOL

Post by BWOL » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:19 pm

I just loaded this mod with EasyMod and I received a critical error while doing so:
FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length);

MOD script line #369 :: FAQ :: Report
I am not sure what to do to fix this. Please help!
Thank you.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:34 pm

BWOL wrote:I just loaded this mod with EasyMod and I received a critical error while doing so:
FIND FAILED: In file [posting.php] could not find:

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length);

MOD script line #369 :: FAQ :: Report
I am not sure what to do to fix this. Please help!
Thank you.
That means that you have some other mod in posting.php that has changed the line the mod is looking for there. So you need to take a look at what is in posting.php, find the line that begins with submit_post(... and see why it doesn't match with what this mod asks you to find. Once you do that, you can conform the relevant FIND and REPLACE lines in this mod to whatever is actually in your posting.php file. If you can't figure out how to do that, post the submit_post(... line here and I'll take a look.

BWOL

Post by BWOL » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:11 pm

Thank you so much for the fast reply!

Here is the code from the posting.php.

Code: Select all

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length, $post_flagged);
$post_flagged); is what I see to be different. Could you please help me with the next step?
Thanks.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:23 pm

BWOL wrote:Thank you so much for the fast reply!

Here is the code from the posting.php.

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length, $post_flagged);
$post_flagged); is what I see to be different. Could you please help me with the next step?
Thanks.
Ok, so in order to conform the mod to other changes you already have on your board, change these lines in the mod script:

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
so they instead read like this:

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#

BWOL

Post by BWOL » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:40 pm

Thank you. I changed what you said to the MOD and now I am getting these errors:

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite/index_body.tpl] could not find:

<a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a><br /><a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a><br /> 

MOD script line #2463 :: FAQ :: Report 

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite/posting_body.tpl] could not find:

<td class="catBottom" colspan="2" align="center" height="28"> {S_HIDDEN_FORM_FIELDS}<input type="submit" tabindex="5" name="preview" class="mainoption" value="{L_PREVIEW}" />&nbsp;<input type="submit" accesskey="s" tabindex="6" name="post" class="mainoption" value="{L_SUBMIT}" /></td> 

MOD script line #2478 :: FAQ :: Report

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite/search_results_posts.tpl] could not find:

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="forumline" align="center"> 

MOD script line #2504 :: FAQ :: Report

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite/search_results_topics.tpl] could not find:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline" align="center"> 

MOD script line #2552 :: FAQ :: Report
There are multiple styles listed with some of the same errors. I assume this is just the same type of thing where the MOD didn't find what it needed in the styles it listed? Other than that it says it went through. Could you please help me fix these errors? They are for ca_aphrodite, noteBored, ezSerenity, ca_classic, and Eos.

I am sorry to bother you with so many questions, but our webmaster never helps.

Thank you!

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:45 pm

BWOL wrote:Thank you. I changed what you said to the MOD and now I am getting these errors:

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite/index_body.tpl] could not find:

<a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a><br /><a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a><br /> 

MOD script line #2463 :: FAQ :: Report 

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite/posting_body.tpl] could not find:

<td class="catBottom" colspan="2" align="center" height="28"> {S_HIDDEN_FORM_FIELDS}<input type="submit" tabindex="5" name="preview" class="mainoption" value="{L_PREVIEW}" />&nbsp;<input type="submit" accesskey="s" tabindex="6" name="post" class="mainoption" value="{L_SUBMIT}" /></td> 

MOD script line #2478 :: FAQ :: Report

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite/search_results_posts.tpl] could not find:

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%" class="forumline" align="center"> 

MOD script line #2504 :: FAQ :: Report

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/ca_aphrodite/search_results_topics.tpl] could not find:

<table width="100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0" class="forumline" align="center"> 

MOD script line #2552 :: FAQ :: Report
There are multiple styles listed with some of the same errors. I assume this is just the same type of thing where the MOD didn't find what it needed in the styles it listed? Other than that it says it went through. Could you please help me fix these errors? They are for ca_aphrodite, noteBored, ezSerenity, ca_classic, and Eos.

I am sorry to bother you with so many questions, but our webmaster never helps.

Thank you!
Sorry, but I do not have those templates and this mod is only designed for subSilver. It shouldn't be that hard to adapt it for the other templates but you'll need to work that out (it should be pretty commonsensical to do that). If you have a specific place where you get stuck, pm me but I really don't have time to go through all those templates and conform the mod to them.

BWOL

Post by BWOL » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:11 pm

Thank you so very much. You have been a great help.

I will look at them again and see if I can work it out. I thought it had loaded, but it didn't. So I am at least not dealing with a half loaded/non-funtioning mod like with the disable edit one.

krisbfunk

Post by krisbfunk » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:14 pm

When a user with no posts attempts to view the drafts page, they get this at the top:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/alexmurc/public_html/forum/search.php on line 704

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/alexmurc/public_html/forum/search.php:704) in /home/alexmurc/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 688

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/alexmurc/public_html/forum/search.php:704) in /home/alexmurc/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 690

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/alexmurc/public_html/forum/search.php:704) in /home/alexmurc/public_html/forum/includes/page_header.php on line 691

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:43 am

krisbfunk wrote:When a user with no posts attempts to view the drafts page, they get this at the top:

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/alexmurc/public_html/forum/search.php on line 704...
If you install this mod on a clean board, that does not happen. Instead, what happens is when a user with no posts clicks the view your drafts and posts link, he gets a message that says:
No topics or posts met your search criteria
(same message you get if you try that on a clean phpbb2 board). So you have some other mod in there that is causing that problem (or you made a mistake in installing this mod).

What version of the mod are you using, and what version of phpbb2 are you using?

The error arises if you try to use the function implode on a variable that is not set as an array, so before you run that implode you could probably fix it with a conditional assignment that sets the variable being imploded as array() if it is otherwise empty. If you can't figure it out, you can try pm'ing me your search.php file.

stevemagruder

Post by stevemagruder » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:06 pm

Excellent mod here!

After applying the mod and working with it for a while, I noticed that when I go back to edit a topic draft, there is no "Delete" button (but there is a delete checkbox), but when editing a reply post draft, the button is there.

Why would topic drafts have a delete checkbox and reply post drafts have a button? I don't get the difference.
Steve Magruder - WebCommons :: Media
Administrator for the Louisville History & Issues discussion board

stevemagruder

Post by stevemagruder » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:28 pm

stevemagruder wrote:Excellent mod here!

After applying the mod and working with it for a while, I noticed that when I go back to edit a topic draft, there is no "Delete" button (but there is a delete checkbox), but when editing a reply post draft, the button is there.

Why would topic drafts have a delete checkbox and reply post drafts have a button? I don't get the difference.
Nevermind. I misapplied the mod in one spot in posting.php.

Thanks again for what is really a super mod!

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 pm

I don't either ;)

And on my board, I get a Delete button whenever I edit a draft new topic and also whenever I edit a draft new post. Odd that you are seeing something different. Note that in regular unmodded phpbb2, when you edit a real post (not a draft), the delete option is with a checkbox, but at some point someone suggested that for this mod I would be better off giving a delete button for drafts (topics and posts) since otherwise some people wouldn't be able to figure out how to get rid of a draft, and that's what I did. But I have no idea why you are seeing a checkbox for deleting a draft new topic.

stevemagruder

Post by stevemagruder » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:03 pm

asinshesq wrote:

I don't either ;)

And on my board, I get a Delete button whenever I edit a draft new topic and also whenever I edit a draft new post. Odd that you are seeing something different. Note that in regular unmodded phpbb2, when you edit a real post (not a draft), the delete option is with a checkbox, but at some point someone suggested that for this mod I would be better off giving a delete button for drafts (topics and posts) since otherwise some people wouldn't be able to figure out how to get rid of a draft, and that's what I did. But I have no idea why you are seeing a checkbox for deleting a draft new topic.
See my follow-up. I misapplied one of the changes to posting.php. It was a matter of a ')'.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”