Save posts as drafts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
72%
Very Good
15%
Good
8%
Fair
2%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 65

freeform

Post by freeform »

Thanks for the great mod, I just finished installing it manuelly and everything seems to work fine. However i did get this error when tring to view the saved draft.

Code: Select all

Could not obtain matched posts list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'poster_id = 2 AND post_draft = 0' at line 3

SELECT post_id FROM phpbb_posts HERE poster_id = 2 AND post_draft = 0

Line : 276
File : search.php
I inserted the

<a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF_BY_TOPIC}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_SELF_BY_TOPIC}</a><a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF_BY_POST}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_SELF_BY_POST}</a>
Into the complete header mod area of includes/page_header
I havent tried placing a link in other pages yet becasue i really dont understand the above error which refers to code on the serach.php i didnt place, nor could i find in that file. I have double checked all edits and suspect there may be a conflict with the complete header mod i tried to insert the above code into. Any help or pointers for this noob is greatly apperaciated.
takecare
freeform

Post by freeform »

I triple checked my editing on my serch.php file
I did find one error, and fixed it, but i still get the same debug error as above.

And i mention this string becasue its the only thing i had to change to work with "complete header mod"

<a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF_BY_TOPIC}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_SELF_BY_TOPIC}</a><a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF_BY_POST}" class="gensmall">{L_SEARCH_SELF_BY_POST}</a>
And when i enter in the driect address for seeing drafts, i get the same debug error. Any help is greatly apperiacted becasue im stuck. :cry:
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

freeform wrote: Thanks for the great mod, I just finished installing it manuelly and everything seems to work fine. However i did get this error when tring to view the saved draft.

Could not obtain matched posts list

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'poster_id = 2 AND post_draft = 0' at line 3

SELECT post_id FROM phpbb_posts HERE poster_id = 2 AND post_draft = 0

Line : 276
File : search.php

An educated guess is that the query should have WHERE, not HERE.
The query should be 2 ro 3 lines before line 276. Just put a W in front of HERE.
Have you hugged someone today?
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

D¡cky wrote: An educated guess is that the query should have WHERE, not HERE.
The query should be 2 ro 3 lines before line 276. Just put a W in front of HERE.

Correct.

And if you have errors like that. it sounds like you must have done this manually (and actually typed some of it yourself!!). That means once you fix this you will probably have some other errors too (but please feel free to prove me wrong!)

If you still have errors, I would strongly advise you to go back to your backup files and install this with easymod.
freeform

Post by freeform »

thanks guys, ive only been moding php for about 6months, so this was definitly my fault. I didnt think here and where, but that fixed. And i didnt have to correct anything eles :wink: Just added the w were i missed it, and wala
calebsg

Post by calebsg »

Can the mods/admin view the drafts?

We have book review submissions to one part of our forum and we want the mods to be able to view the submissions as a sort of 'Editor' before 'publishing'. Just wondering if this is possible.

Thanks,

Caleb
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

calebsg wrote: Can the mods/admin view the drafts?

We have book review submissions to one part of our forum and we want the mods to be able to view the submissions as a sort of 'Editor' before 'publishing'. Just wondering if this is possible.

Thanks,

Caleb
dworum

Post by dworum »

I'm using easymod 0.3.0 to install this MOD. I have Phpbb 2.0.22. Mysql is the latest version. Any idea on how to fix this. I had this option on the board and then i moved servers and after that it stop working.

SQL PROCESSING HALTED

An error was encountered while processing the SQL commands. Further SQL processing has been halted. You may choose to complete the MOD installation anyway and perform the SQL commands manually yourself. However, at this point EM cannot guarantee the MOD will work correctly so you are best off seeking support from the Author before continuing further.

The failed line was:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_posts ADD post_draft SMALLINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;;

SQL ERROR: 1060
Duplicate column name 'post_draft'

thanks
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

dworum wrote: I'm using easymod 0.3.0 to install this MOD. I have Phpbb 2.0.22. Mysql is the latest version. Any idea on how to fix this. I had this option on the board and then i moved servers and after that it stop working.

SQL PROCESSING HALTED

An error was encountered while processing the SQL commands. Further SQL processing has been halted. You may choose to complete the MOD installation anyway and perform the SQL commands manually yourself. However, at this point EM cannot guarantee the MOD will work correctly so you are best off seeking support from the Author before continuing further.

The failed line was:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_posts ADD post_draft SMALLINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;;

SQL ERROR: 1060
Duplicate column name 'post_draft'

thanks

You're still using your original database and that original database already has the db changes (the sql) done, so easymod is telling you that you shouldn't do that again. So tell easymod to skip the sql processing (one of the easymod steps gives you checkboxes to specify which sqls you want it to do for you and you can unselect all those choices).

But I am confused...when you moved to a new server, did you start with a brand new set of phpbb2 files or did you move over your old already modded ones? If you moved your old modded ones over (which is the way I would have done it), then the mod is already installed in your phpbb2 files.
dworum

Post by dworum »

I copied the exact files from my last server not sure why it did that.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

dworum wrote: I copied the exact files from my last server not sure why it did that.

You're not sure why it did what? You need to be more specific and explain exactly what is going on.

What files did you copy over? Are you talking about your database, or your phpbb2 folder?

It sounds like you already copied your database over so you should NOT be repeating the database changes this mod has you make (since your database already has them).

If you are also saying you copied over your phpbb2 folder, then you are done and you should not be reinstalling this mod (it's already installed). In that case, see if it works.

On the o ther hand, if you for some reason started with a brand new phpbb2 folder, you will need to reinstall this mod, but since you already made the database changes you should have easymod skip the database changes.
mnp13

Post by mnp13 »

This mod is conflicting with the mod to restrict post editing for x number of minutes after posting. any ideas?
Michelle
RexxCrow
I've Been Banned!

Post by RexxCrow »

Where is the attachment MOD that goes along with this? Cant find it anywhere, thx.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

RexxCrow wrote: Where is the attachment MOD that goes along with this? Cant find it anywhere, thx.

In the contrib folder, where all 'extra' files go in phpbb mods.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

mnp13 wrote: This mod is conflicting with the mod to restrict post editing for x number of minutes after posting. any ideas?

If you want an answer, you'll neeed to be about 1000 times more specific. What's the link to the other mod. What do you mean when you say it is conflicting. You need to do a bit of work so that you can ask a complete question.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”