[2.0.18] Default Post Sort Order

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
40%
Very Good
27%
Good
No votes
Fair
7%
Poor
27%

Total votes: 15

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.18] Default Post Sort Order

Post by Extensions Robot » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:00 am

MOD Name: Default Post Sort Order
Author: geocator
MOD Description: Allows the admin to define the default post sort order on a per forum basis.

MOD Version: 1.1.1c (Updated 12/19/05)

Download File: post_order_111c.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 3578 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

Darkmonkey
Former Team Member

Post by Darkmonkey » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:32 pm

MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This MOD allows Administrators to define the default post sort order for each forum sperately.

dbirley

Post by dbirley » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:47 pm

Well, I am considered to be somewhat of a computer geek, BUT, my territory ends right at the edge of the VFP (Visual FoxPro) Ocean. So, although I own and babysit two phpbb boards, this will be my first MOD (see, I was nice, I didn't call it a "hack" :D ).

So, be nice, please help this poor little voigin out, and tell me what to do with this new toy?
Dave
Dave Birley
Rock Hill, SC
Visit my website at www.birley.org
and my Portrait samples at www.birleyphoto.com

mrhunters

Post by mrhunters » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:06 pm

i would love to use this mod but unfortunatly am such a phpbb n00b

there are a couple questions?
the first

#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#
ALTER TABLE `phpbb_forums` ADD `default_order` VARCHAR( 4 ) DEFAULT 'asc' NOT NULL ;

how do i do that?

second?
perhaps there are already edited files somewhere to download so I dont mess up the boards. Tryed a mod already and went terribly wrong :(

Just thought id ask :) thanks for the help in advance :)

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:17 pm

First that is an swl command that you need to run in something like phpmyadmin, you can also copy it to a text document save with sql extension and then load it through the restore feature of your admin panel. Note you will need to change the phpbb_ to whatever you prefix is.

Second, no there are not pre edited files. It is not a big edit, just take it slow and make backups.

westcom

Great !

Post by westcom » Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:06 pm

Exactly what i need. Thanks Brian :wink:

meian

Post by meian » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:05 pm

Geocator, can you or someone make a tiny adjustment to this mod; I (and I believe many of us) would appreciate the feature which allows every board user to individually change the messages ascending/descending. I've let myself understood this modification makes then changes to every user.

Best regards, Meian

geocator

Post by geocator » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:02 pm

Warmweer has a mod that allows user defind orders: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=126722

meian

Post by meian » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:00 pm

Whoa! Geocator, I owe you a beer.

mrscripto

Post by mrscripto » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:39 am

What if I wanted to sort the forum by ASCENDING on the Subject Title and not the ID. Is this possible with this mod?

Thanks!
MrScripto

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:13 am

No this MOD will not help with that. This MOD is based on the post date/time as is phpBB normal sorting.

xmathe

Post by xmathe » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:08 pm

HI,

is this mod working also on 2.0.11??? Anyway I tried... and everything seems to be OK, except that I cannot refresh or send the new settings in the admin panel.
Table created, files (including language and skin templates) recomposed.... so the option is there but no effect... basically no effect at all, so I cannot modify anything...
Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance...

xmat

jimurl

A small correction in Post order Mod

Post by jimurl » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:49 pm

I installed this mod and am using it on 2.0.11. It seems to be working great, except for one thing: when I tried to add a new forum, I got an error saying coumn count does not match variable count.

Sure enough, the "INSERT into phpbb_forums ... Values ... " statement contained within the admin/admin_forums.php modifications contained one less column listed than values.

To resolve this, I changed this statement:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
			$sql = "INSERT INTO " . FORUMS_TABLE . " (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable" . $field_sql . ")
				VALUES ('" . $next_id . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumname']) . "', " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS[POST_CAT_URL]) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumdesc']) . "', $next_order, " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['forumstatus']) . ", " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) . $value_sql . ")";

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) .

#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
 ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumorder']) ."'" .

I changed the SQL statement to read:

Code: Select all

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . FORUMS_TABLE . " (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable,default_order" . $field_sql . ")
I added the ",default _order"

and this allowed me to add new forums without problems.

jimurl[/code]
Last edited by jimurl on Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimurl

subject

Post by jimurl » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:14 pm

jtonline

Post by jtonline » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:29 am

8) Cool MOD geocator. Got it running on my 2.0.13 board in no time at all.

I find that having latest posts first is a real bonus for regular contributors that follow the topics and as Admin I have now set that order as default. Your MOD means that all the links to latest posts and the topic links etc all continue to work as they should. :D

Of course topics that have multiple pages now work with Page 1 containing the latest post and subsequent pages containing earlier posts, which is logical but will probably confuse some of my members for a while :?

I used to provide an Ikonboard, but it got hacked late last month and I decided to start again from scratch using phpBB on 1st March.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”