[2.0.18] Auto Cookies

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
8%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
13%

Total votes: 390

who_cares

Re: mod doesnt work

Post by who_cares » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:36 pm

merqury07 wrote: i uploaded the install folder to my domain but it doesnt work - this is what i get - http://www.talkindia.net/install/cookie.php

open phpmyadmin and open the config table.
then change board_disable to 0

merqury07

Post by merqury07 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:04 pm

thanks for your help who_cares. that fixed the problem.

bitheway

Post by bitheway » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:47 pm

I did exactly what you said and got PAGE NOT FOUND when i tried to go to
http://www.bothandworld.com/install.cookie.php

the two files i put on the new install directory were the auto_cookies.mod and cookie.php

help! thanks

disconnect

Post by disconnect » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:05 pm

problem solved

bigsimes

Post by bigsimes » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:27 am

Have installed this mod into /phpBB2/install folder (as per instructions).
Can run /server/forums/install/cookie.php and see my settings

when I click on "write these settings to database" I get a 404 error (Object not found) and browser address bar now has /server/forums/install/cookie.
(ie missing the php from the address).

Any Ideas?

Thanks

manolis7726

Post by manolis7726 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:32 pm

Thanks a lot! it works perfectly.

scollzero

Post by scollzero » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:52 pm

OH MY GOD!! This actually worked! Having to login twice and sometimes three times was really REALLY satarting to get on my nerves, was going to switch to vbulletin, but no, this fixed the problem! Great Job!

Nasserx

Help on Auto cookie Mod

Post by Nasserx » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:01 am

Hi All,
I'm having this problem on my site.. http://www.jamaat.net/jforum/index.php
where I cannot access the admin panel on my site, everytime I click on the "Go to Administration Panel" at the bottom, it just redirects me to the index page that I was already on. I have posted at this link
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 87#2207287
. But the Auto cookies Mod solution unfortunately did not work, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any advice?, thankyou in advance, this problem has been ongoing for some time and I need to stop the spammers in their tracks as its getting worse, it would be much appreciated if someone out there could help me on this.

stodd

Fixed - duh...No directions when i access the page

Post by stodd » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:59 am

I totally missed the post that said "Go into PhpMyAdmin" and change the board disabled from 1 to 0. That fixed it...
:oops:

Original issues (now fixed)
1. downloaded cookie.php
2. created install directory in forum directory
3. uploaded cookie.php to install directory
4. opened file in browser. and get: "Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

No instructions appear, as implied in an earlier post...

???

Mattyc

Thanks Neothermic

Post by Mattyc » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:52 am

I have been battling with this for days, asked many questions and got many answers, a few stupid ones

that script rocks !!! it solved my 10th prob, and you just have to make sure u dont leave the cookie setting to secure otherwise it tries to load https not http..

Big ups to neothermic

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 am

FYI, before running this script users were having problems with posts being incorrectly marked as being read etc. So ran this script to try and sort that out and it appeared to do that.

However, now scripts that use the phpBB2 sessions for access to pages/information no longer works. I have posted this issue here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=410181 but are yet to really get any assistance in what the issue may be.

Thought that it may have been the cookie path, so changed that to a null, but that still didn't fix it.

So, what does this script do that may have things up like this? From looking at the code ... the things that it can change in the database confirguation of the cookies are:
  • Cookie domain
  • Cookie path
  • Cookie name
  • Server name
  • Script path
  • Server port
  • Cookie secure
  • Session length
  • Allow auto login
  • Maximum auto login time
Any suggestions?

T0ny
Name: Tony

Post by T0ny » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:36 pm

Dr DBW wrote: Thought that it may have been the cookie path, so changed that to a null,

There's your problem. The cookie path needs to be a single forward slash if you're using phpbb logins outside of the phpbb directory (as I believe I mentioned in your other thread)

asinshesq
Name: Alan

why clear cookies when cookie name is changed?

Post by asinshesq » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:46 pm

Early on in this topic someone asked whether it was necessary for the users to clear their cookies if you changed the cookie name to something new, and the response was that it was still necessary. I am not disagreeing with that, since I don't know enough about cookies to disagree. But that does surprise me.

Could someone explain why users need to clear their cookies even when you set a new cookie name? I would have thought that once you set a new cookie name the browser would treat the info as a brand new cookie and for that reason clearing the old ones wouldn't be necessary. What am I missing?

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:21 am

Thanks TOny. We have actually pinned it down to being a combination of that plus the domain name. When we drop the www in the front, things work fine.

Might I suggest a change in the documentation about the cookie path, that it can include a slash by itself? As it currently states that there is no trailing slash, so I was taking that to meant that a slash should not be the last character in there.

abssorb

Post by abssorb » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:08 pm

A question re sub-domains and inclusion of www.

my cookie settings are as follows:

Domain Name: torquesite.com
Script Path: /forum/
Cookie Domain: .torquesite.com
Cookie Path: /forum
Cookie Name: torquesitecookie
Session Length (seconds): 3600

My question is this. My hosting resolves torquesite.com and www.torquesite.com equally, leaving the visitor's browser with the address they typed in, in place for their session.

Do I need to amend my cookie settings in some way to accommodate this?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”