[2.0.18] Auto Cookies

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
8%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
13%

Total votes: 390

hundaspjall

Post by hundaspjall »

OMG!! This fucked up my forum

When i try to log in i get this
Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Whats wrong?
Greetings from a blond in Iceland.

codefusion

Post by codefusion »

asinshesq wrote: I have no idea why that would be. But rather than trying to get this mod working why don't we try to fix the problem directly.

Can you get to your database with something like phpmyadmin? If so, open up the phpbb_config table and take a look at the values for the following entries:

server_name: [this should be your domain or subdomain name without any http:// or www. upfront and without any slashes or parts following the slashes]
server_path: [this should be the path to your phpbb2 folder without the domain name]

So, for example, if the address to your forum phpbb2 folder is www.cars.asinshforum.com/phpbb2

then your server_name would be cars.asinshforum.com and your server_path would be /phpbb2/

but if you have a domain or subdomain that points exactly to the phpbb2 folder without any slash or stuff after the slash, then the server_name is that domain or subdomain name and the path is just /

Once you've figure that part out, do the same for the cookie_domain and cookie_path (and call your cookie_name something that soulds like your forum name so that people will know that cookies they find on their computer are associated with your forum and won't delete them).

I had the same problem where going to the install cookies.php page just gave me the main page of my forum minus any images. I followed the directions above instead and it fixed the problem. I finally have access to my admin control panel (my forum was hacked). Thanks a bunch!!

*kel*

Post by *kel* »

okies, i was re-directed here from support. i downloaded the mod. i followed all the instructions 5 times and when i went to my browser to go into the cookies file, there was a page cannot be found message. i have sat here and i see people are saying about a c.mod file or something we were supposed to put in there too. where is that? it did not come in the mod file and im confused

geocator

Post by geocator »

*kel* wrote: okies, i was re-directed here from support. i downloaded the mod. i followed all the instructions 5 times and when i went to my browser to go into the cookies file, there was a page cannot be found message. i have sat here and i see people are saying about a c.mod file or something we were supposed to put in there too. where is that? it did not come in the mod file and im confused

If you are getting a page cannot be found then you did not upload it correctly. It must go in phpbb_root/install, where phpbb_root is where all you phpbb files are.

*kel*

Post by *kel* »

hello, okies, my site was down for 8 hours after i posted my last comment because the server company decided to move servers and didnt let anyone know. they have restored the backup from 8 hours before this, so i have lost new registered members, after they restore the proper back up, i will try again and let you know how i go

CaroUK

Post by CaroUK »

Hi l have read all 43 pages as l am so nervous about messing up. Some posts cheer me up others scare the pants off me.
A friend set the board up and l haven't been able to reach him just lived with the problem for the last year but folks are complaining about login so going to try and sort it. l THINK l am ok with most things just one confuses me.

The following line in the instructions:

f. use your browser, go to http://yourdomain.com/install/cookie.php

Now about half way through the 43 pages l worked out that yourdomain.com must be my domain name that l use so l put it in and got doesn't go to anyplace on google.
Will it go to here when the mod is in my site during setup? Or do l totally misunderstand.

And if l manage to upgrade to the new php that has just come out do l need to bother with the mod or should l do it anyhow before l upgrade.

Sorry if these seem stupid Q but l am very green as you can see and appreciate any help.
Last edited by CaroUK on Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

XtremeD63

No auto-log in

Post by XtremeD63 »

EDIT:

Fixed.

Future S

Post by Future S »

Edit : Fixed.

JJReed

Cookies aren't staying changed

Post by JJReed »

I recently moved my boards from one host to another. When I first found that logging in took me to the old host, I ran the cookie mod and it worked beautifully. I tested it fully on all four boards and it worked. That was yesterday. Today, we had complaints that posting wasn't working. Hitting the post reply or start new topic took them to the old host. I just ran the cookie mod again, and three of the four boards had reverted back to the old host. Is there something else I need to do to keep it changed?

I'm sorry if this has been answered already. I tried looking for the answer, but your search isn't working for me.

jasonkpowers

Double row of Flags ... Help?

Post by jasonkpowers »

sorry, wrong board...

ozrock

Post by ozrock »

HI,

Is is suggested one use this been if there have been no login on issues yet with an new board?

Thanks

Oz :)

Devin2049

How?

Post by Devin2049 »

How do i install the mod?

net4earning

Post by net4earning »

when i rum the mod it gives me this "the page cannot be found"
i have put this in to root/forum/install.....
what should i do now?

ladynada

restore locations after moving database

Post by ladynada »

hello peoples,
I am a rank NOOB. I have a forum on a free forum site, and I stayed up all night working on moving the forum to my localhost on my windows xp so that I can eventually move it to a paid server.

okay. over all these hours, I have cut and paste all the best info that I could find that helped me. Maybe some of it will help someone in here.

For those who happen to want to install the whole shebang on a winxp, I installed apache 2.2 and php 4.4.6, then php was not 'exactly' compatible so I had to download php4apache2_2.dll . later I needed to know, but no one really says, that your username is root ! (isnt that a riot?) then because of another 'slight' incompatibility, you need to force mysql 4.1.22 to use the old password method and set that in the my.ini file.

it's all good.

then I was ready to install PHPBB, but the backup file from the free forum was so big that it bombed out after 1200 seconds (20 minutes) a few times.. anyways.. to solve that, remember I am loading it on my home pc, so I went into a command prompt and used msyql to import the backup.sql

Oh, and this command, I spent hours before I found out that I needed it:

mysql> CREATE DATABASE phpBB2;

that is not obvious to a NOOB

I also found this command:

mysql> GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE, DROP ON phpBB2.* TO 'phpBB2user'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'dbpassword';

so that I could install phpbb.

I am getting to the solution in a second.

then, I really didnt like the looks of phpMyAdmin, it looks too complicated to install, and maybe I was tired too, so I searched around and found an old defunct (ahem) mysql front end mgr, and when I ran phpbb it bombed out on the aluminoid template... rats.. but I came here, thank you, and download aluminoid and did not know how to install it.

but.. I saw silver one in the template folder, so I tossed aluminoid in there, and the forum came up!

but, like many here on this thread, when I logged in, the forum was running off to the other server. So I used that mysql front end and changed four things based on this cut and paste that I found:

UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'domain_name_here' WHERE config_name = 'cookie_domain';
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'domain_name_here' WHERE config_name = 'server_name';
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'path_to_phpBB' WHERE config_name = 'cookie_path';
UPDATE phpbb_config SET config_value = 'domain_name_here' WHERE config_name = 'script_path';

Just replace the blue (WHERE) text with the appropriate values. Watch out with the cookie domain and server name. You cannot include http:// or it will not work.

basically domain name is localhost and phpbb path for me is /phpBB2/

logged into the forum again, and it is all fixed.

yep, test message I just posted on it, went local.

so the answer is not the cookie script, I dont think. I am a NOOB. The answer is to use your phpMyAdmin and fix those four locations, and then recheck them from your admin screen also. and for restoring huge forums to move to another server, I think doing it on your local pc and then FTP it over to the new server, would be easier.

I hope all this makes sense, and someone gets help from searching on the some of the keywords.

oh the import command I used to merge my old forum into a fresh install of phpbb was:

>mysql -u USERNAME -p DATABASE_NAME < backup.sql

for me it was

mysql -u root -p phpBB2 < e:/mysql/backup.sql

it took over 20 minutes, but no crashes.

xkBub

Post by xkBub »

Works GREAT for me!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”