[2.0.18] Auto Cookies

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
8%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
13%

Total votes: 390

geocator

Re: [2.0.18] Auto Cookies

Post by geocator »

gociak wrote:I have tried this mod, but i have still problems. :( 404 page :( Can somebody help me. Please?
Please start a topic in the support forum. Someone there will help you.

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Do you plan on updating this and releasing a version for 3.x?

geocator

Post by geocator »

EXreaction wrote:Do you plan on updating this and releasing a version for 3.x?
No, I really no longer support any of my MODs. But someone else could with my blessing.

EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Ok, I will take a look at it once, thanks. :)

Wolf In Pinstripes

Post by Wolf In Pinstripes »

Hey guys - I am thinking about adding this mod, but I have a few questions first.

1.) I see people mentioning an option to check in their ACP for "allow automatic logins". I have three different phpbb sites, and none of them show this option in the general config. tab of the ACP. Is this something that is installed with the cookie mod or am I supposed to be able to see it with a standard php install?

2.) I'm a little concerned after reading some posts in this thread about people getting 404 errors after attempting installation of the cookie mod. Are there instructions for an uninstall here somewhere in case I should have that happen to me?

3.) I downloaded the zip file for this and I see the install folder with the cookie.php file fine. What I don't see when I extract the files is the cookie.mod file that I have seen mentioned. Instead, I see a file named auto_cookies that is showing as an mpeg/movie file. Is this correct? I know that my CA security suite has changed the extensions of files before and I'm wondering if this is the same thing happening. If so, how do I change it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance - I am looking forward too installing this mod once I feel comfortable with these things that I have mentioned.

geocator

Post by geocator »

Wolf In Pinstripes wrote:Hey guys - I am thinking about adding this mod, but I have a few questions first.

1.) I see people mentioning an option to check in their ACP for "allow automatic logins". I have three different phpbb sites, and none of them show this option in the general config. tab of the ACP. Is this something that is installed with the cookie mod or am I supposed to be able to see it with a standard php install?

2.) I'm a little concerned after reading some posts in this thread about people getting 404 errors after attempting installation of the cookie mod. Are there instructions for an uninstall here somewhere in case I should have that happen to me?

3.) I downloaded the zip file for this and I see the install folder with the cookie.php file fine. What I don't see when I extract the files is the cookie.mod file that I have seen mentioned. Instead, I see a file named auto_cookies that is showing as an mpeg/movie file. Is this correct? I know that my CA security suite has changed the extensions of files before and I'm wondering if this is the same thing happening. If so, how do I change it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance - I am looking forward too installing this mod once I feel comfortable with these things that I have mentioned.
Unless you are having specific login issues and have been told by someone to use this to fix them, you dont need it.

robokopf

Post by robokopf »

if you're having 404 problems, try setting the secure cookie option to 'disable'.

I tried it on a plesk server and got 404 error each time i logged in. i reviewed the setting again and found out that it points to 'enabled' by default. i set it to 'disabled' and it ran fine after that. hope this helps. ;)

rob feature

Post by rob feature »

By following the instructions, it worked beautifully...no guesswork at all.

Thanks!!!

felixgstla

Post by felixgstla »

Nothing happens when I use this. All that comes up is an index page with the images missing.

I have put it in the install folder under the phpBB root and in that folder, I put the "cookie.php" file. When I go the that file on my browser, nothing happens.

geocator

Post by geocator »

What version of phpBB? Can you provide a link?

felixgstla

Post by felixgstla »

http://haven-of-the-exiled.zxq.net/foru ... cookie.php

That is what comes up.

My forum root is:

http://haven-of-the-exiled.zxq.net/forums/

Due to my inability to access the admin CP, I cannot unlock the forum either.

geocator

Post by geocator »

Your board is currently disabled. Can you access your admin panel? If not you will have to manualy edit the database. You might want to start a post in the support forum for more help.

Hectik17

Post by Hectik17 »

Thanks for this mod, now my users don't have to log in twice :D
http://crushsydney.890m.com -NEW Writers Forum

ecoresforum

Post by ecoresforum »

Held my breath while attempting this mod (my first - just installed phpBB today) - but it worked like a charm. THANK YOU!!!

lcwalters

Post by lcwalters »

I am trying to configure my board http://soulrebelproductions.com/Message ... /index.php so that users do not have to explicitly login each time they visit a page. Will this mod allow me to do so ? I am using version 2.0.21 and I don't see an option in the ACP for "allowing automatic logins". Thanks in advance ...
Last edited by lcwalters on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”