[2.0.18] Auto Cookies

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
8%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
13%

Total votes: 390

geocator

Re: [2.0.18] Auto Cookies

Post by geocator »

lcwalters wrote:I am trying to configure my board http://soulrebelproductions.com/Message ... /index.php so that users do not have to explicitly login each time they visit a page. Will this mod allow me to do so ? I am using version 2.0.21 and I don't see an option in the ACP for "allowing automatic logins". Thanks in advance ...
The purpose of this MOD is to fix settings that may be wrong. It does not change the behavior of phpBB. phpBB already has an auto login feature, users can select it when loging in.

lcwalters

Post by lcwalters »

phpBB already has an auto login feature, users can select it when loging in.
I have selected that option and logged in but every time I leave the message board area of my site to go to another area, I have to re-login when I get back to the message board. Is there something that needs to be set in the Configuration in order for the "Auto Login" feature to work ? Mine doesn't seem to be working and I'm wondering if I simply don't have a configuration setting that enables this behavior.

lcwalters

Post by lcwalters »

Never mind guys. I figured out the issue with the "Auto Login" not working. The value in "Cookie Path" was set to the default "/forums". My forum is actually installed at "/MessageBoard" so changing that value made the "auto login" function work just fine. Wish I would've tried figured this out a while back. It's been ticking people off in my forum for quite some time now.

mocambo

Post by mocambo »

pump

amaranth1800bc

Post by amaranth1800bc »

I have a problem with the admin page of my board, I can successfully log in to the admin page but when I click on links on the admin page it redirects me back to the log in page. Is this a cookie bug and can this MOD help fix it. I need to be sure first as I can't risk messing up the whole board.

tnx and I really need enlightenment

geocator

Post by geocator »

amaranth1800bc wrote:I have a problem with the admin page of my board, I can successfully log in to the admin page but when I click on links on the admin page it redirects me back to the log in page. Is this a cookie bug and can this MOD help fix it. I need to be sure first as I can't risk messing up the whole board.

tnx and I really need enlightenment
This is a good starting point, although there could be other issues as well. When you run this it will give you your current settings, write them down and you can restore them if need be.

If this does not work start a toipic in the support forums and someone will help out.

Surf007

Post by Surf007 »

is there anything same available for bb 3.0.0 coz when m using Firefox m having lout problems.

geocator

Post by geocator »

Surf007 wrote:is there anything same available for bb 3.0.0 coz when m using Firefox m having lout problems.
Not that I am aware of.

phil2415

Post by phil2415 »

I applied this mod because some of our users were having to login twice before actually being logged in. However, now when I enter my password I get a 'Page cannot be displayed' screen. Clicking the Back button and then following the link to the forum index shows that I am, in fact, logged in.

Unfortunately I can't get to the Admin Console because when I enter my password I again get the 'Page cannot be displayed' message so I can't undo the changes that the mod made!

Help? :?:

geocator

Post by geocator »

phil2415 wrote:I applied this mod because some of our users were having to login twice before actually being logged in. However, now when I enter my password I get a 'Page cannot be displayed' screen. Clicking the Back button and then following the link to the forum index shows that I am, in fact, logged in.

Unfortunately I can't get to the Admin Console because when I enter my password I again get the 'Page cannot be displayed' message so I can't undo the changes that the mod made!

Help? :?:
Run the cookie MOD again and copy the formatted stuff from the boxes into a new support post in the support forums, someone will guide you from there.

rapisstupid

Post by rapisstupid »

will this work with 2.23

rapisstupid

Post by rapisstupid »

that fuckin zip is a virus

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Actually it isn't, your computer is borked if it's telling you it's a virus.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Damien White

Post by Damien White »

As it turns out, I was able to resolve my issues on my own. I guess I couldn't wait for a responce. :D

However, what you do here is great, even if a bit slow.

Thanks on behalf of myself, and all those that never return to say T H A N K S.

Take care.

ucatchtrout

Post by ucatchtrout »

Can't log in to the admin panel on my site. I was told the autocookies program would solve this difficulty.
I must be doing something wrong. The directions say to go to http://yourdomain.com/install/cookie.php
Well, when I go to the link on that page it just doesn't seem to work right. As I read back through the thread, it appears others have encountered difficulty with the link and it was suggested they turn off their popup blocker. I tried that, but when I did, all I got was a popup with essentially the same options. Any suggestions?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”