[2.0.18] Auto Cookies

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
73%
Very Good
8%
Good
6%
Fair
2%
Poor
13%

Total votes: 390

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:02 pm

Very nice work on the new version! :D
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

git-1up

Post by git-1up » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:07 am

god i carnt get his working my heads going to explode now......................

geocator

Post by geocator » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:07 am

git-1up wrote: god i carnt get his working my heads going to explode now......................

That is just excelent info, let me go check my crystal ball...nope still broke sorry.

If your issues are specifically to deal with this MOD then you need to provide more info. If your issues are not specifically MOD related, ex. login issues, then post in the support forum.

monzadave

Post by monzadave » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:45 am

Hi, i have just used this mod to try and sort a problem that most of my users are having, at the moment most of the users on my forum are having to sign in twice every time they visit instead of staying signed in. i am not having this problem but i thought i's try this mod to see if it worked. i used your mod, and now i am not staying logged in, and when i tried to use the 'quick reply' box that i have it would just send me to a login screen and the to a normal reply page. I installed the mod just as described on page 1 of this thread, and have deleted all the mod files and folders from my server, what have i done wrong?? or is there another problem with my forum?

Cheers
Dave

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:03 am

monzadave wrote: Hi, i have just used this mod to try and sort a problem that most of my users are having, at the moment most of the users on my forum are having to sign in twice every time they visit instead of staying signed in. i am not having this problem but i thought i's try this mod to see if it worked. i used your mod, and now i am not staying logged in, and when i tried to use the 'quick reply' box that i have it would just send me to a login screen and the to a normal reply page. I installed the mod just as described on page 1 of this thread, and have deleted all the mod files and folders from my server, what have i done wrong?? or is there another problem with my forum?

Cheers
Dave

This MOD simply detects optimal cookie settings. I recomend you start a support topic to get assistance at fixing you cookie settings for your situation.

Shatan

Post by Shatan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:25 am

Does this mod help with the threads being marked as read when really not read problem?

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:26 am

Shatan wrote: Does this mod help with the threads being marked as read when really not read problem?

Most times yes, becuase that is cuased by cookies most of the time.

Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:50 am

Hi,

some mistakes in my opinion :

Why you use the terme "databse", isn't it "Database" ?

And, secondly, there is the word "sugested" who should be "suggested", in key line : "$cookie_lang['formatted_explain']".

Finally,

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
<td class="row2" valign="top"><span class="gen"><input type="radio" name="cookie_secure" value="0" <?php echo $new_settings['cookie_secure_no']; ?> /><?php echo $lang['Disabled']; ?>&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" name="cookie_secure" value="1" <?php echo $new_settings['cookie_secure_yes']; ?> /><?php echo $lang['Enabled']; ?><span class="gen"></td>

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
<td class="row2" valign="top"><span class="gen"><input type="radio" name="cookie_secure" value="0" <?php echo $new_settings['cookie_secure_no']; ?> /><?php echo $lang['Disabled']; ?>&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" name="cookie_secure" value="1" <?php echo $new_settings['cookie_secure_yes']; ?> /><?php echo $lang['Enabled']; ?></span></td>

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
<td class="row2" valign="top"><input type="radio" name="allow_autologin" value="1" checked="checked" /><?php echo $lang['Yes']; ?>&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" name="allow_autologin" value="0" /><?php echo $lang['No']; ?></td>

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
<td class="row2" valign="top"><span class="gen"><input type="radio" name="allow_autologin" value="1" checked="checked" /><?php echo $lang['Yes']; ?>&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" name="allow_autologin" value="0" /><?php echo $lang['No']; ?></span></td>

# 
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
# EoM
@+.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.

geocator

Post by geocator » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:52 pm

Galixte de EzCom wrote: Hi,

some mistakes in my opinion :

Thanks, those dont really affect the function and since it is a use and delete MOD not a huge deal, but I will fix them in a future version.

rft

Post by rft » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:13 am

MOD worked wonderfully.

Problem was caused by issues with domain or ip address. Server sits behind a router that uses NAT. The server has a fixed IP address as does the router.

Internally all users have hosts file with internal address and name. phpBB was set up using the internal information.

When I attempted to administer the board from home using the external address that sent to the internal server, I found that to be the problem. First attempt was to set hosts file address and node name to internal node name and external address. This partially worked, but .php files were not always found, then thought that domain name was not needed and created a horrible mess.

MOD solved the problem by setting domain to external IP address. Any thoughts an a better solution?

geocator

Post by geocator » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:18 pm

Your setup is really tough, the best solution I have seen is this: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... ple+domain

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:06 pm

MOD Updated to version 2.0.2
See first post for Download Link

viricciardi

Post by viricciardi » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:24 pm

Sorry.. this is probably a dumb question.. but I'm not sure what is going on.

Ran the AutoCookie MOD, but I think it changed the name of the cookie. I didn't do the original board install and I'm not sure what the original cookie name was.

Now it looks like members posts have disappeared. Is there a way to get them to reappear??

geocator

Post by geocator » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:59 pm

viricciardi wrote: Sorry.. this is probably a dumb question.. but I'm not sure what is going on.

Ran the AutoCookie MOD, but I think it changed the name of the cookie. I didn't do the original board install and I'm not sure what the original cookie name was.

Now it looks like members posts have disappeared. Is there a way to get them to reappear??

You need to post in the support forum. There is nothing in this MOD that would remotley cuase posts to disapear.

UseLess

Post by UseLess » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:13 am

Greetings,

You remember those 'constants' I mentioned... well you missed one on line 165;

Code: Select all

$sql = "UPDATE " . CONFIG_TABLE . " SET config_value = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($cookie_name)) . "' WHERE config_name = '" . cookie_name . "'";
Movie Quote:
It's not the years honey, it's the mileage...
phpBB 3 Mods @ phpBBStyles

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”