Thanks, this worked beautifully for me - solved the problems I was having and I am once again able to log-in to my Admin Panel.
Only thing is, I did not see there were 27 pages to this thread so I stopped reading after the last post on page one, and that post has incorrect step-by-step directions in it.
I figured it out after doing it wrong the first time, but perhaps there's a way you can insert the proper step-by-steps for this onto Page One of this thread so others like me who may not notice there are 27 more pages (or maybe don't want to wade thru them all) do it right the first time?
1) download and unzip the mod file onto your harddrive.
There are only two files in it you need:
"cookies.php" and "auto_cookies.mod".
2) on your server, create a new directory inside your phpBB2 directory called "install".
3) upload "cookies.php" and "auto_cookies.mod" to that "install" directory.
4) point your browser to "yourdomain/yourphpBB2/install/cookies.php"
5) review the page and if happy with the automatic-corrections it has made, click the button at the bottom of the page to automatically make the changes to your board.
6) delete the "install" directory from your server.
7) clear your browsers cache; cookies, and history files.
8 ) restart your computer