Super Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
62%
Very Good
12%
Good
12%
Fair
4%
Poor
10%

Total votes: 253

getdistracteddotcom

Post by getdistracteddotcom » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:27 am

i used easymod to install but it got messed up. i replaced the files and figured out what was wrong, but i cant get easymod to recognize sqr any more. and there are no files or instructions on how to install manually. help1!!!!!

getdistracteddotcom

Post by getdistracteddotcom » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:31 am

ok i found out how to install it manually but its too long. someone tell me how to get easy mod to recognize it please!!!

dmmr

Post by dmmr » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:50 am

UM, anyone have problems with the "new posts since last visit"... i post, but others can't see new topics... this only happened after this mod was installed...

Thanks

Dean
8O

brent1a

Post by brent1a » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:31 am

I'm sorry....what does install .np mean? I tried this once thru easymod and it gave be a bunch of fails and errors.

Raftysworld

Post by Raftysworld » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:40 am

Every time i make a quick reply, it tells me that there is a post made since i entered that one, even though there isnt. Once i then hit reply, it works fine. Also, the normal reply works fine. Any suggestions?
Need help installing a mod? I will install any phpBB mod for $5 USD, and I will install a phpBB board for $7 USD. Finally, I'll install any amount of mods for you for only $10 USD one time cost.

eq4bits

Re: install problem on 2.0.11

Post by eq4bits » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:59 pm

eirikdh wrote: I have just the same problem! I'm not using EM, but doing it manualy step by step. On the step to find: " $lang['Version_information'] " there is no " $lang['Version_information'] " in the lang_admin.php file. How come? And where can i put

Code: Select all

//
// SQR
//
$lang['SQR_settings'] = 'SQR Settings';
$lang['Allow_quick_reply'] = 'Allow Quick Reply';
$lang['Anonymous_show_SQR'] = 'Show Quick Reply Form for Anonymous Users';
$lang['Anonymous_SQR_mode'] = 'Anonymous Quick Reply Mode';
???

Anyone ever figure where this should go? NONE of the lang_admin.php files I have, 'clean' or moded (have kept as back-ups after *every* mod I've done), has the phrase

$lang['Version_information']

Raftysworld

Post by Raftysworld » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:00 pm

That piece of code can go anywhere in the lang_admin.php file, within the boundaries of the <?php and ?> of course.
Need help installing a mod? I will install any phpBB mod for $5 USD, and I will install a phpBB board for $7 USD. Finally, I'll install any amount of mods for you for only $10 USD one time cost.

eq4bits

Post by eq4bits » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:02 pm

after a bit of research I found where that bit of code should be inserted....

find:

//
//That's all folks
and insert BEFORE/ABOVE
//
//That's all folks

//
// SQR
//
$lang['SQR_settings'] = 'SQR Settings';
$lang['Allow_quick_reply'] = 'Allow Quick Reply';
$lang['Anonymous_show_SQR'] = 'Show Quick Reply Form for Anonymous Users';
$lang['Anonymous_SQR_mode'] = 'Anonymous Quick Reply Mode';
The "$lang[Version_Information]" is in 2.0.13 not in 2.0.11
I *know* I need to upgrade but I still haven't gotten the upgrade to work and have not received a response as to how to get it to where I posted about it in the 2.0.13 upgrade thread......

eq4bits

Post by eq4bits » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:04 am

Anyone figure out how to make the QR show without clicking the button everytime? Essentially to where it shows unless you click the button to hide it ?

I've read through all 21 pages to see if this had been addressed but only saw where peeps had asked about it. Basically all me and my other admin wanted was essentially the 'basic' to show up all the time, all the bells and whistles stuff is great but really defeats the purpose of a QR, if you need all those bbcode buttons and special requests click the regular reply button for goodness sake people! Or pay attention to what happens when you click all those little bbcode buttons and dropdowns... it's a great way to learn to actually type the code which is usually faster than switching to the mouse to click somewhere to insert it.

Great MOD just wish the QR (either basic or advanced, doesn't matter) showed without having to click....

eq4bits

Post by eq4bits » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:01 pm

After playing with using the QR some of my users said they would prefer to only see/have the QR show on the last page of multip-page topics, and after thinking about it I realized that for our group (an RPG) that does make the most sense. So I began perusing this topic here at phpbb yet again.

I tried a previous fix CJG---- posted (around page 5?) about how to make the QR only show on the last page of multi-page topics, the code fix to be made in viewtopic.php. However, after trying it it didn't work.

Reading through all 21 pages of this MOD thread I've found lots of references to a setting in the phpbb_users table of the forum d/b with regard to $show and 0 for No, 1 for Yes, & 2 for last page only. However when i run the SQL UPDATE that was suggested in the posts I'd get an error with regard to $show and field...am assuming this is referring to the 2 option for last page only, like it's not recognising 2 as a legitimate option.

I'm not using subSilver but figured out how to make it work with the modified theme/template that I do use as far as all the tpl files go, even managed to figure out a problem I had with the Bin and Last Active Topics MODS where there 'titles'/'explanations didn't show up on my ACP in Gen.Config Board.

(since I was having the same problem with this one too showing up there -... i got the radio buttons and all but had to figure out which was which.... after opening the admin_board_config.tpl in a browser window, viewing its source code and comparing to the tpl file in notepad I got it straightened out...heh, small wonders never cease to amaze me! lol)

Other than that and what i posted in above reply are my only current thoughts/problems. I really think that all in all its a GREAT MOD!

Anybody with a fix for the last page thing? If more info is needed just PM or email me, Thanks.!

Bobby_Boucher

Re: [2.0.13] Super Quick Reply

Post by Bobby_Boucher » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:53 am

[quote=":It can be configured both for a specific user and for the entire board.

[/quote]

Where do you do this with this MOD?

Bobby_Boucher

Re: [2.0.13] Super Quick Reply

Post by Bobby_Boucher » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:20 am

It can be configured both for a specific user and for the entire board.

Where do you do this with this MOD?

dahia

Post by dahia » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:55 pm

after i installed that lovely mod

it never works & always reply fail & i got that msg while im trying to send a quick reply

A new reply has been posted or the last post has been deleted while you were replying. Check the "Topic review" at bottom of this page, and resubmit your post if appropriate.
how can i solve it !

dmmr

Post by dmmr » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:40 pm

Anyone get SQR to work with spellingcow??

blinddruid

Post by blinddruid » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:12 pm

dmmr wrote: Anyone get SQR to work with spellingcow??

I'm in the same boat. I ahve made querries and asked for help but nothing so far. If you get anything could you please pass it on?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”