[2.0.21] email posts or messages to combinations of groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
70%
Very Good
23%
Good
3%
Fair
5%
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 40

Jon53

Post by Jon53 »

I am not a newbie and you are wrong.
On the very first post of this thread you have this zip file to download:
email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups_1-1-16a.zip
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?mo ... id=1275394

The email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups.txt is NOT in the zip file.
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Jon53 wrote: I am not a newbie and you are wrong....

Please take it easy...I was trying to be helpful.

Jon53 wrote: ...On the very first post of this thread you have this zip file to download:
email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups_1-1-16a.zip
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?mo ... id=1275394

The email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups.txt is NOT in the zip file.

I just re-downloaded a third time and once again I find that file right in the root of that download. Unzip the file. Then open the top folder (called email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups_1-1-16a). Then open the next folder (also called email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups_1-1-16a). When you do that, you will find the file called email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups.txt
Jon53

Post by Jon53 »

I too have downloaded it 4 or 5 times.
There is only 1 folder called email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups_1-1-16a in the zip.
Open it and it has 3 tpl & a readme file and a contrib folder with update files. No...I repeat...No email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups.txt file.

From what site are you downloading your zip file?
Not from the first post of this topic I think which is the link I posted above.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Jon53 wrote: I too have downloaded it 4 or 5 times.
There is only 1 folder called email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups_1-1-16a in the zip.
Open it and it has 3 tpl & a readme file and a contrib folder with update files. No...I repeat...No email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups.txt file.

From what site are you downloading your zip file?
Not from the first post of this topic I think which is the link I posted above.

I am downloading it from the first link in this topic...I am at work and I have no other way of doing it. Works fine, each and every time. Perhaps you are using an o/s that messes up with long paths? If so, maybe you could try to download the zip, rename it something short (like email), and only then unzip it. Otherwise, I don't know what to suggest since the file absolutely is there. (When I'm at home tonight I can probably pm the file to you if that helps).
Jon53

Post by Jon53 »

I have installed at least 50 mods on my board over the last 2 years and yours in the only one that has something missing in the download.
Why would all the other files be there except the .txt file you say is there?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Jon53 wrote: I have installed at least 50 mods on my board over the last 2 years and yours in the only one that has something missing in the download.
Why would all the other files be there except the .txt file you say is there?

You know, I've been trying to be helpful but I've now had it (if you'll look over the last five or six posts between us you'll see why). The file is being served by phpbb.com, not me, so go bother the phpbb admins about the download if you want. But that won't get you far because the file is in there.
Jon53

Post by Jon53 »

Please pm me the invisible email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups.txt file.

Thanks
Last edited by Jon53 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Jon53 wrote: Please pm me the invisible email_posts_or_messages_to_combinations_of_groups.txt file.
Thanks

No, you'll have to get it from someone else. I said I had had it with you.
Jon53

Post by Jon53 »

Sorry you think I am being a bother.
I thought this is what this forum is for..to get help.
Why hostile?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Jon53 wrote: Sorry you think I am being a bother.
I thought this is what this forum is for..to get help.
Why hostile?

Jon, this forum is for help. I give a HUGE amount of my time to help people out here. HUGE. And not just on my mods. But if you look over the exchange we've had in our posts, and look at them objectively, I think you should be able to see that you have been hostile and derisive to me. I suspect that only happened because I mistakenly thought you were a newbie (and I apologized for that in advance if I was wrong, as I turned out to be).

Anyway, I've cooled down now, and I'll pm you the file. Are you on linux or some non-windows o/s?
Jon53

Post by Jon53 »

No...I am on windows XP
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Jon53 wrote: No...I am on windows XP

I just pm'd you the code, so the question is now moot, but I still am interested in knowing the answer. I find this utterly baffling. I know that the file names in this mod are very long (and worse, there is one folder with a long name under another with a long name) and sometimes long filenames choke o/s's but I've never heard of it choking winxp. I'm on winxp here in teh office and that's what I am using to download to double check. Absolutely fine here.

Anyone else seen this issue and have an explanation? Any chance that there's something weird about your unzip program so that it won't deal properly with very long pathnames?
Jon53

Post by Jon53 »

pm came through fine.
Thanks
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Jon53 wrote: pm came through fine.
Thanks

Great. I'm sure you know this, but just to make 100% sure, make sure you click the quote button and then cut and paste the actual text code rather than trying to copy what appears on the screen.
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

When I post a new topic and try to email to a group it says it cannot find the forum. When I try to reply and send the email to a group it says I have to choose a topic to reply to. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”