[Tool] phpBB 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
70%
Very Good
11%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 61

kiu

Post by kiu »

i dont know what to do with phpbb_2.0.10_to_2.0.11_bbcode.txt.
can someone help me?
saabirsa

Post by saabirsa »

you only need the BBCODE version if (for example)

1) You are posting the update on your forum
ETC
as it is optimized for forums :D
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

cogitatio wrote: The phpbb_clean_username causes my phpbb not to work anymore.
php version on the machine is 4.0.6 and rtrim doesnt work with additional parameter. Is there a way to work around the rtrim(..., "\\")?

Thanks

Please see this http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
niksa

Post by niksa »

This worked great on my forum with tons of mods and templates and my baby forum with only a few mods and templates. And thanks for making the bbcode extra bit! :D
Zeena

Post by Zeena »

There is a error after update...

The links of type described below does not work anymore:

downloads.php?cat=5
newpage.php?page=bidrag

Take a look at the word behind "?"

This one works: (standard phpBB links?)
sid
folder
mode
logout
search_id
link_cat

This wont work anymore: (from modds)

page
mode
cat

The "mode" is links in my linkcollection created by "Links Hack"
The "cat" is links in my collection of downloads from "DL-mod_by_Hotschi"

What is wrong...? Do i have to add these "words" somewhere to get them accepted..?

Maybe theese words do not have anything to do with this... i dont know.

Every thing else is OK in the forum.
Best regards...
lvsinjin

Post by lvsinjin »

easymod stumbled.

Code: Select all

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$strip_var_list = array('username' => 'username', 'email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim', 'website' => 'website', 'location' => 'location', 'occupation' => 'occupation', 'interests' => 'interests'); 
:?
Zeena

Post by Zeena »

Open the file and check the code...

Maybe you have more field here than the code you post here...(I did because i have added custom fields to registration/ profile)

Look after "'location' => 'location',"...

If so just replace your original code into the textfile that easymod use.
Best regards...
davidh44

Post by davidh44 »

lvsinjin wrote: easymod stumbled.

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$strip_var_list = array('username' => 'username', 'email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim', 'website' => 'website', 'location' => 'location', 'occupation' => 'occupation', 'interests' => 'interests'); 
:?

You probably already have Visual Confirmation installed, or you have another mod installed that modifies this line. If you already have Visual Confirmation installed, you must remove the edits for certain files in this code changes mod (the exact files are listed in an earlier post in this thread). Because this mod assumes you don't have Visual Confirmation installed.
Zeena

Post by Zeena »

Regarding my first post in this thread: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 21#1327721

If I disable some of the code in the new code in "includes/common.php" evreything will be fine...

But is it OK to do so...?

See the //'s:

// Merge all into one extremely huge array; unset
   // this later
   $input = array_merge($HTTP_GET_VARS, $HTTP_POST_VARS, $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS, $HTTP_SERVER_VARS, $HTTP_SESSION_VARS, $HTTP_ENV_VARS, $HTTP_POST_FILES);

unset($input['input']);

//   while (list($var,) = @each($input))
//   {
//      unset($$var);
//   }

unset($input); 
Last edited by Zeena on Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Best regards...
davidh44

Post by davidh44 »

Wolf_Kanuni wrote: I have 2 questions regarding applying mod without editing the files that deals with Visual Confirmation because I also have visual confirmation on my forum (2.0.10)

1. Is the Visual Confirmation that comes with 2.0.11 any better than the one that could be installed in previous versions in Contrib directory?
One thing I don't like about the visual confirmation with 2.0.10 is, it's case sensitive but all you need to do is write the code in capital letters. IMO it is non-sense that it's case sensitive this way. It should either be not case sensitive or it should sometimes display capital and small letters and be case sensitive. Does the VC with 2.0.11 bring any improvement about this or is it any better in any aspect at all?

2. If I apply this mod without editing the files related to VC, will I have any problems in future mods (such as 2.0.11 to 2.0.12)?

1. The 2.0.11 Visual Confirmation is the same in regards to its use of all capital letters. I also agree that there should either be a mix of lower-case and upper-case letters, or just not make it case sensitive.

2. The separate Visual Confirmation mod and this mod do vary slightly in how the files are edited to add Visual Confirmation (although the end result is the same). This could cause issues in finding lines of code for future updates, but at most would just require more manual interaction in editing the files.
Zeena

Post by Zeena »

Anyone have a clue about my question... (2 posts up...)
Best regards...
MerNion

Post by MerNion »

In the phpbb_2.0.10_to_2.0.11.txt it is mentioned:
## After you have finished this tutorial, you have to upload the update_to_210.php file (found within every phpBB Package), execute it and then delete it from your webspace.

That is a little confusing.. why not write what you have in the phpbb_2.0.10_to_2.0.11.html ? I mean this:
After you have finished this tutorial, you have to upload the update_to_2011.php file, execute it and then delete it from your webspace.

Also could you please check that out? is there something forgotten in this mod or what?
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

Apart from that it's all ok :)
darylt

Post by darylt »

Just completed the ypgrade, and all seems to be good,

except that if VC is enabled, no VC image is showing when you register....?
The Defpom

Post by The Defpom »

Hi people, OK I am totally confused, i want to upgrade my 2.0.10 forum to be 2.0.11, I have tried to understand and follow this thread, but am totally lost, I dont know what visual confirmation is, so I expect I dont have it, my forum does have various mods in it, along with some changes I made myself.

I tried to download the "changed files" download from the main site, but for some reason it wont download it ?

So I am looking at this mod, is it the same thing, do I even need it ?

I want to stay up to date, but dont want to risk wrecking my perfectly working forum in the process.
onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Visual Confirmation adds a field to the Registration and makes it so that a guest will have to enter the code displayed in a graphical display above the field showing random numbers. This is to add security to your forum. Spam bots are deterred by this feature.

If, for some reason, you can't download this MOD from here, try other places. Just search google.

You don't entirely need this update, but many would recommend that you implement it. This update fixes known vulnerabilities of phpBB that hackers could otherwise take advantage of.

I have a heavily modded forum yet I updated without any problems what-so-ever. Just be careful and make sure to backup the files you're to edit.

And if you already have another MOD that added Visual Confirmation, there are a few files you can skip, which have already been stated previously in this thread.
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”