[Tool] phpBB 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
70%
Very Good
11%
Good
8%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 61

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq »

Sorry for being dewnse, but a number of posts (as well as the install file) say that there are no changes to the db from 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 other than the version number. But meanwhile the install file says "After you have finished this tutorial, you have to upload the update_to_2011.php file (found within every phpBB Package), execute it and then delete it from your webspace." So my question: if I am upgrading from 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 do I need to run that file or can I just manually change the version number to .0.11 in the config table of the DB?
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

You could just change the version number, but it is good practice to get into using the provided scripts to do this in case the database does change in future updates.
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
My Links: Blog!
Splash1

Post by Splash1 »

We can read in mod file

Code: Select all

From phpBB 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 there were no database changes, except the version number increment.
So, why in update_to_2011.php are database changes ? I must run it ?
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Graham wrote: You could just change the version number, but it is good practice to get into using the provided scripts to do this in case the database does change in future updates.

I would have, but frankly I looked at the script for the db upgrade and it scared the hell out of me...a lot of code lines to change one tiny little table entry (I understand that the script covers you whether you have 2.0.10 or 2.0.1 or whatever and that flexibility explains what all the lines are for, but I get nervous changing my DB in ways that aren't immediately apparant).

I would have guessed that the 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 file that is in easymod format would have had a simple sql that would do trick and would not have included that complicated db script; so what confused me was that the comlicated db script was included with the 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 mod where nothing difficult was needed.

Anyway, thanks for your response...I just changed the version number manually so I am now all set, though I understand that for future upgrades that change the DB I'll need to run a script.

Future upgrades?? Do I mean 2.2.1 ? ;)
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Splash1 wrote: We can read in mod file

From phpBB 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 there were no database changes, except the version number increment.
So, why in update_to_2011.php are database changes ? I must run it ?

read my posts and graham's post above...if you are only upgrading from 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 you don't need the script; you can instead manually change the version number from .0.10 to .0.11 . But the db script will do the same thing, and graham's point is that we should get into the habit of using the script since it will not always be true that upgrades do not change the db.
helviox

Post by helviox »

** Solved ** :D
Last edited by helviox on Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaime

Re: [2.0.10] phpBB 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 Changes

Post by jaime »

Just a note:
MOD Database Manager wrote: MOD Version: 1.0.0
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 10 Minutes

This does not match the txt file:

## Installation Level: Intermediate
## Installation Time: 10-20 Minutes 
I wouldn't say this is an "Easy" mod 8O
Has ido al cine?
Visita http://www.cinepatas.com
LOCOS POR EL CINE

Do you like my forum? please RATE it
asinshesq

Re: [2.0.10] phpBB 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 Changes

Post by asinshesq »

jaime wrote: Just a note:
MOD Database Manager wrote: MOD Version: 1.0.0
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 10 Minutes

This does not match the txt file:

## Installation Level: Intermediate
## Installation Time: 10-20 Minutes 
I wouldn't say this is an "Easy" mod 8O

30 seconds with easymod.
Splash1

Post by Splash1 »

Ok, THX very much ashinsq!
devoted

Post by devoted »

Can anyone help? I followed all the instructions and ran the upgrade, but when I switch on visual confirmation in the config, then register a test user, there is no sign of visual confirmation yet when I hit submit, I'm told I entered the incorrect code.

What am I doing wrong? As far as I can see, I've done everything the instructions asked for...
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

What template do you use? Some of them do not support it yet.

phpBB Useful Links: Knowledge Base | Userguide | Forum Search | MOD Database | Styles Database
eternalhiro

Post by eternalhiro »

i upgraded the board successfully
my forum is working normally now
however, when i try to execute update_to_2011.php, i get this error:

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eserene/public_html/update_to_2011.php on line 46

Warning: main(./../extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eserene/public_html/update_to_2011.php on line 46

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/eserene/public_html/update_to_2011.php on line 46

Warning: main(./../config.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eserene/public_html/update_to_2011.php on line 47

Warning: main(./../config.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eserene/public_html/update_to_2011.php on line 47

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../config.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/eserene/public_html/update_to_2011.php on line 47
Please read: INSTALL.html before attempting to update.
can someone help me pls?? thanx... :)
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

The update_to_2011.php script must be placed in the install/ folder in order to work.

devoted

Post by devoted »

Graham wrote: What template do you use? Some of them do not support it yet.

I use the smartBlue template.
Graham
Former Team Member

Post by Graham »

I can't see that in the Styles DB on a quick glance, but the template changes required for visual confirmation are posted here

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=240913

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”