[2.0.17] Last Visited

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
57%
Very Good
27%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 56

cip

Post by cip » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:45 am

imrich wrote: Sorry, this isn't my last visit mod, so this isn't the place to get support for a different mod. Perhaps try the general phpbb support area?

You may want to load your database again from your backup as well as your files.

Good luck!

pff.. :cry: i'm sorry.. then where can i ask for help? i don't know where is the general phpbb support area :roll:

i loaded the database, i have the original files on the server now, but it's the same white page. i think it's all going to hell :cry:

imrich

Post by imrich » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:02 pm

cip wrote:
imrich wrote:Sorry, this isn't my last visit mod, so this isn't the place to get support for a different mod. Perhaps try the general phpbb support area?

You may want to load your database again from your backup as well as your files.

Good luck!

pff.. :cry: i'm sorry.. then where can i ask for help? i don't know where is the general phpbb support area :roll:

i loaded the database, i have the original files on the server now, but it's the same white page. i think it's all going to hell :cry:

I'd start in here:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=1

good luck!
Rich

~Sentinel~

Post by ~Sentinel~ » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:35 pm

imrich wrote:
~Sentinel~ wrote:I want to try this mod but I have 2 questions first.

1. Can anyone tell me if it will work with 2.0.21?

2. Is there any way to make this so that only an Admin can see this information? As administrator I would like to be able to see when people last logged in but I don't want all my users to be able to see this info of all other users.

I have the mod running on a .21 system now.

Other people have changed the mod so only an admin can see the results. See other posts or check with others on how do to this. I'm not changing this mod at this time for admin only. But it's not hard to do. ;)
Thanks for both answers. Much appreciated.

But I have read all 19 pages of this topic and I didn't see any where where anyone has adapted this for admin only usability. It is possible that I missed it but I don't think I did. If some one could point me to the answer I would appreciate it.

imrich

Post by imrich » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm

~Sentinel~ wrote:
imrich wrote:
~Sentinel~ wrote:I want to try this mod but I have 2 questions first.

1. Can anyone tell me if it will work with 2.0.21?

2. Is there any way to make this so that only an Admin can see this information? As administrator I would like to be able to see when people last logged in but I don't want all my users to be able to see this info of all other users.

I have the mod running on a .21 system now.

Other people have changed the mod so only an admin can see the results. See other posts or check with others on how do to this. I'm not changing this mod at this time for admin only. But it's not hard to do. ;)
Thanks for both answers. Much appreciated.

But I have read all 19 pages of this topic and I didn't see any where where anyone has adapted this for admin only usability. It is possible that I missed it but I don't think I did. If some one could point me to the answer I would appreciate it.

I know someone mentioned that they have done this before. I'm sorry but I don't have the time right now to find who said it.

Some hints on what you would need to do can be found here:
http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=200

See this part specifically (note, this is a general example and is not directly an example of changes to my mod):
For example, you want to show a list of the first twenty-five users, and their emails, but only show the emails if the user looking at the page is an admin or a moderator? Let's add a bit to our last example:

PHP-side

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT user_id, username, user_email FROM " . USERS_TABLE . " WHERE user_id >= 1 AND user_id <= 25"; 
if ( ! ( $result = $db->sql_query($sql) ) ) 
{ 
   message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error retrieving user data', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); 
} 
while ( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) ) 
{ 
   $template->assign_block_vars('user_row',array( 'USERNAME' => htmlspecialchars($row['username']), 
                                                  'USER_ID' => $row['user_id'], 
                                                  'USER_EMAIL' => $row['user_email'] 
                                                ) 
                               ); 
   if ( ($userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN) || ($userdata['user_level'] == MOD) ) 
   { 
      $template->assign_block_vars('user_row.switch_admin_or_mod',array()); 
   } 
} 

Template-side

<table> 
<!-- BEGIN user_row --> 
<tr><td>{user_row.USER_ID}</td><td>{user_row.USERNAME}</td> 
<!-- BEGIN switch_admin_or_mod --> 
<td>{user_row.USER_EMAIL}</td> 
<!-- END switch_admin_or_mod --> 
</tr> 
<!-- END user_row --> 
</table> 

You'll have to determine how to make appropriate changes to the code yourself. Perhaps if you do, you'll share your results here to save time for someone else? :)

I hope this helps to get you started.
Rich

~Sentinel~

Post by ~Sentinel~ » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:20 pm

I did see an answer for the "other guys" last visit mod from "the other website" but his is totally different from yours.

I don't know any PHP but I will give it a look and see if I can apply the answer given to your code. If it works I'll be back. If not I guess I will just have to wait until this becomes and option for this mod.

Thanks for your help.

Sandlapper

Post by Sandlapper » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:14 am

I'm not sure what MOD caused this but I now get this error when trying to PM someone.

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /mnt/randomis/public_html/forum/includes/emailer.php

CrazyMom

error???

Post by CrazyMom » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:08 am

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [memberlist.php] could not find:

$mode_types = array('joindate', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'email', 'website', 'topten');

MOD script line #256 :: FAQ :: Report

I've recently restarted my forums from scratch. So it's the newest version (21?) - I just installed EM and successfully installed a redirect. I've tried this one, as it's my favourite :wink: - but get this error?? What do I do??? I really don't want to do this manually 8O
Mrs. Crazy Mom
www.londonmoms.ca

CrazyMom

Post by CrazyMom » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:00 am

Rich?? Are you on vacation??? :wink:
Mrs. Crazy Mom
www.londonmoms.ca

niuck

Post by niuck » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:52 am

Ok, i broke my forum. Installed the MOD with easymod now i get this.

"phpBB : Critical Error

Error updating last visit time

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_lastlogon' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_session_time = 1153219901, user_session_page = 0, user_lastvisit = 1153219901, user_lastlogon = 1153219901, user_totallogon=user_totallogon+1 WHERE user_id = -1

Line : 202
File : sessions.php"

Any ideas? :cry:

edit: i just checked my database and tables with phpmyadmin and it's all there.

edit2: I somewhat fixed it, i added the missing column to the db. But sometimes the error still appears, but goes away for a while after pressing F5. Annoying deluxe =)

clight77

Post by clight77 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:37 am

Hi:)
Is there a way to have this mod to show Last Previous visit date, instead of the members current last visit date on the current post?
So I know when member last posted. IE kind of retroactive, or maybe include both like, last post date and current post date

Last edited by clight77 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Follow Up On My Posts.
So Should Everybody...

rhinton

Post by rhinton » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:38 pm

working good so far. what about it having the time as well?

baerenwurm

Post by baerenwurm » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:46 pm

Hi!

After installing the MOD, sometimes (!) there are some errors on the main page of the admin panel and on the "Who is Online?" page:

ADMIN AREA:

Could not obtain regd user/online information 

DEBUG MODE 

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE page_id = 2355' at line 1 

SELECT forum_name, forum_id FROM phpbb_forums 

Line : 362 
File : index.php
or

Could not obtain regd user/online information 

DEBUG MODE 

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE page_id = 2355' at line 1 

SELECT forum_name, forum_id FROM phpbb_forums 

Line : 550 
File : index.php