[2.0.17] Last Visited

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
57%
Very Good
27%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 56

imrich

Post by imrich » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:01 pm

rhinton wrote: working good so far. what about it having the time as well?

If you search this thread, you can see that I've given instructions on how to add the time a few times now.
Rich

imrich

Post by imrich » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:03 pm

Sandlapper wrote: I'm not sure what MOD caused this but I now get this error when trying to PM someone.

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : /mnt/randomis/public_html/forum/includes/emailer.php

This mod doesn't touch emailer.php or any of the PM functions, so I don't think it's this mod.
Rich

imrich

Re: error???

Post by imrich » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:05 pm

CrazyMom wrote:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [memberlist.php] could not find:

$mode_types = array('joindate', 'username', 'location', 'posts', 'email', 'website', 'topten');

MOD script line #256 :: FAQ :: Report

I've recently restarted my forums from scratch. So it's the newest version (21?) - I just installed EM and successfully installed a redirect. I've tried this one, as it's my favourite :wink: - but get this error?? What do I do??? I really don't want to do this manually 8O

Sorry, for some reason the system stopped letting me know when people posted to this thread.

If you read through, there is a posting which shows some mods to be done to make this work with the latest versions. Sorry I haven't had time to update this to the latest code, but the code is here if you search backwards a bit.
Rich

imrich

Post by imrich » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:07 pm

niuck wrote: Ok, i broke my forum. Installed the MOD with easymod now i get this.

"phpBB : Critical Error

Error updating last visit time

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'user_lastlogon' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_session_time = 1153219901, user_session_page = 0, user_lastvisit = 1153219901, user_lastlogon = 1153219901, user_totallogon=user_totallogon+1 WHERE user_id = -1

Line : 202
File : sessions.php"

Any ideas? :cry:

edit: i just checked my database and tables with phpmyadmin and it's all there.

edit2: I somewhat fixed it, i added the missing column to the db. But sometimes the error still appears, but goes away for a while after pressing F5. Annoying deluxe =)

Strange, unless the latest phpBB releases changed something drastic, I wouldn't expect this. It should work, or not. Not be flakey.
Rich

imrich

Post by imrich » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:09 pm

clight77 wrote: Hi:)
Is there a way to have this mod to show Last Previous visit date, instead of the members current last visit date on the current post?
So I know when member last posted. IE kind of retroactive, or maybe include both like, last post date and current post date

Sorry, without some additional database plus considerable coding, this is not within the scope of something that I'd like to do with this mod.

Feel free to try it yourself though! :)
Rich

Bard

Post by Bard » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:47 pm

I applied the mod to this that adds the time to the Last Visited date. It works but it appears to be using my timezone. What do I need to change so that it accurately reflects the user's time zone time?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Old Time Radio Talk | Visit OTR Talk Town

NeuroDoc

Post by NeuroDoc » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:53 pm

Bard wrote: I applied the mod to this that adds the time to the Last Visited date. It works but it appears to be using my timezone. What do I need to change so that it accurately reflects the user's time zone time?

The board allows users to set their timezone to display all times local to themselves. If you want to see last visit time based upon another user's timezone, you will need to change your settings to see the board as if you are in their timezone. But this will change all the times you see (including current time) as the times of that timezone.

There may be some way to change the coding of the mod to do this, but I couldn't figure it out.

Bard

Post by Bard » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:01 pm

NeuroDoc wrote:
Bard wrote:I applied the mod to this that adds the time to the Last Visited date. It works but it appears to be using my timezone. What do I need to change so that it accurately reflects the user's time zone time?

The board allows users to set their timezone to display all times local to themselves. If you want to see last visit time based upon another user's timezone, you will need to change your settings to see the board as if you are in their timezone. But this will change all the times you see (including current time) as the times of that timezone.

No, not quite right there Doc. I have another mod that shows the current time according to a users set time zone. It is just a matter of adjusting this one to grab the user's time zone and applying it to the time calc. It can be done, done easily, just not easily by me. :)

Bard

Post by Bard » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:05 pm

The code to get the user's current time is this

Code: Select all

$user_time = @gmdate("g:i a", time() + (3600 * $profiledata['user_timezone']));
But applying this to the last visted code.... :?:

imrich

Post by imrich » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:16 pm

I don't have the time being displayed on my system, so it's hard for me to debug this for you.

LastVisited simply displays the time that phpBB has in it's database. It did not try to modify that timestamp at all.

It may not try to account for users different time zone. It will probably simply display the time considering where the server is.

Let me know if you want a hint of where to look, it's pretty obvious looking at the code where the time comes from.
Rich

rhinton

Post by rhinton » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:49 pm

imrich wrote:
rhinton wrote:working good so far. what about it having the time as well?

If you search this thread, you can see that I've given instructions on how to add the time a few times now.

sorry about that. i haven't looked through the thread. but i will now. thanks. maybe update the MOD, seeing as you've posted how to do it. just a thought.

rhinton

Post by rhinton » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:27 pm

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... f638898185

found a great explanation on how to do it here. top post on that page. thanks.

rhinton

Post by rhinton » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:44 pm

http://www.scfba.net/forums/memberlist.php
here's the memberlist to view it with the date and time. it wraps around, so no worry about it getting to long.

imrich

Post by imrich » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:01 pm

I'm glad you found it and got it working ok.
Rich

rhinton

Post by rhinton » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:36 am

thank you for making this MOD.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”