[2.0.18] Block Open Proxy Registrants

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
14%
Good
10%
Fair
1%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 79

Budman01

Post by Budman01 »

TerraFrost wrote: You can delete the changes 1.0.7 did to the database with the following:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_sessions` DROP `session_proxy`;
DELETE FROM phpbb_config WHERE config_name = 'proxy_enable' OR config_name = 'proxy_ban' OR config_name = 'proxy_delay' OR config_name = 'proxy_ports';
After that, you can run the SQL in install.txt as you normally would. :)

Thank you very much! :) Just wanted to start, comes really the right time! :)

What an outstanding, great support! Wish I would have that on all the mods I installed! ;)

I'll let you know, how it goes!
Für alle deutschen BigBrotherFans:

BB - Das Dorf - Fanforum

acidified

Post by acidified »

I searched the forum for a bit to find the answer to my question but had no luck. I'm sure i just didnt look good enough but ill ask for myself anyways.

I installed the mod with no problems. Seems to be working fine, however, when im in the ACP and i try to check an IP I get the following...

Code: Select all

Warning: php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed in /homepages/20/d116978602/htdocs/gw/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 160

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to mysite.com/:80 in /homepages/20/d116978602/htdocs/gw/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 160

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /homepages/20/d116978602/htdocs/gw/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 170

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /homepages/20/d116978602/htdocs/gw/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 204

Warning: php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed in /homepages/20/d116978602/htdocs/gw/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 160
Any ideas? I'm sure its a quick and easy fix but I'm just unable to figure it out. Thank you in advance.

BTW...I'm using the latest version of phpbb 2.0.17 as well as the mod 2.2.0a

Correction...users can no longer register either. When they try the above error just constantly scrolls down the screen.

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Correction...users can no longer register either. When they try the above error just constantly scrolls down the screen.

That's to be expected given that you're recieving an error like that in the ACP. Basically, if you're unable to check proxies in the ACP, the MOD is going to be unable to check them for users who register, as well. I mean, they both use the same "engine".

Anyway, to fix the problem, try changing the Domain Name (as specified in the ACP) from mysite.com/ to mysite.com (note how the last / has been removed).

acidified

Post by acidified »

Thank you very much TerraFrost. That fixed the errors. I figured it would be something simple. After a few tests this MOD gets an A+ in my book :) . Great job. Again thank you very much.

RogueScribner

Post by RogueScribner »

Okay, I've installed several MODs from this site already, so I have a little experience. But they were all code changes to files, simple enough to execute. This Open Proxy MOD requires some fiddling with the database. I'm really hesitant to do anything without explicit instructions so I guess my question is, are there more explicit (step-by-step) instructions for the database inputs?

I apologize in advance for being a total n00b.

Thanks.

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

The easiest way to do the SQL would be to just do it with EasyMOD.

If EasyMOD isn't an option, though, you can plug the SQL queries into this and run the resultant file.

RogueScribner

Post by RogueScribner »

Thank you for your response. I guess I'll go hunt down EasyMOD. :)

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

EasyMOD:

http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?sid=&f=15

Just click the "Download EasyMOD" link to download :)

RogueScribner

Post by RogueScribner »

Yeah, I found the link, but unfortunately I'm not clear on how to install it and I'm having no luck finding any instructions. Like I said before, I'm really hesitant to do anything without explicit instructions because if I mess up I want to be able to retrace my steps to correct it. I even went to the developer site but I couldn't find a FAQ or tutorial that would help me. Grrr.

Aladdin

Post by Aladdin »

TerraFrost, help me with your great mod. I've installed latest version 2.2.0. Then I started to use open proxy and tried to register. I've got an error - error scanning for proxies when I tried to register. Then I removed proxy from my browser settings and tried to register again - still the same error. Then from Admin CP i tried to check some IPs for open proxies. I know that there are open proxies on port 8080. Still the same error:( So my question is - what am I doing wrong? Install of your mod went without any problems. Thanks. I'm on phpbb 2.0.17

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Yeah, I found the link, but unfortunately I'm not clear on how to install it and I'm having no luck finding any instructions. Like I said before, I'm really hesitant to do anything without explicit instructions because if I mess up I want to be able to retrace my steps to correct it. I even went to the developer site but I couldn't find a FAQ or tutorial that would help me. Grrr.

The other method I mentioned - the copying / pasting of the SQL into the online tool - should work, too :)
TerraFrost, help me with your great mod. I've installed latest version 2.2.0. Then I started to use open proxy and tried to register. I've got an error - error scanning for proxies when I tried to register. Then I removed proxy from my browser settings and tried to register again - still the same error. Then from Admin CP i tried to check some IPs for open proxies. I know that there are open proxies on port 8080. Still the same error:( So my question is - what am I doing wrong? Install of your mod went without any problems. Thanks. I'm on phpbb 2.0.17

When testing via the ACP, click "Debug Information" as it says to do, and post what it says. The "Debug Information" link isn't there to look pretty, ya know ;)

Aladdin

Post by Aladdin »

I tried to check particular IP which have proxy on port 8080. Here is ant output:

Check IP Address

Checking 66.250.69.2...
Hostname: server.backendhost.com

Connection Timeout ()

Debug Information
Sample HTTP Request 1

GET /proxy/connect.php?address=66.250.69.2&port=2301 HTTP/1.0
Host: forumai2.bmw-klubas.lt
User-Agent: phpBB Open Proxy Detector
Connection: close

Sample HTTP Request 2

GET http://forumai2.bmw-klubas.lt/proxy/serve.php HTTP/1.0
Host: forumai2.bmw-klubas.lt
User-Agent: phpBB Open Proxy Detector
Connection: close

Sample SQL Query

UPDATE phpbb_proxies SET status = status + 1 WHERE ip_address = '42fa4502' AND status < 65

Execution Time: 31.41ms

So where is my mistake? Noone is able to register and have this error:(
Aladdin wrote: TerraFrost, help me with your great mod. I've installed latest version 2.2.0. Then I started to use open proxy and tried to register. I've got an error - error scanning for proxies when I tried to register. Then I removed proxy from my browser settings and tried to register again - still the same error. Then from Admin CP i tried to check some IPs for open proxies. I know that there are open proxies on port 8080. Still the same error:( So my question is - what am I doing wrong? Install of your mod went without any problems. Thanks. I'm on phpbb 2.0.17

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Try installing 2.2.1:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/phpbb/proxy.zip

To "upgrade" to this version (if it already works for you, there's really no need to upgrade, imho), just replace your functions_proxy.php with the one in the zip file.

Aladdin

Post by Aladdin »

I'm impressed :) I upgraded to the latest version and I WAS ABLE to register without using open proxy. When I tried to use a proxy all I've got was:

Open Transparent HTTP Proxy Server Detected on Port 8080.
Registration attempt blocked.

Nice:) What did you do?:)

TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

The biggest change is described here:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 64#1776364

Like I said in that post, I'm not really sure why it was a problem in the first place, but... I suppose that it's not all that important as long as it works, heh :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”