[2.0.18] Block Open Proxy Registrants

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
14%
Good
10%
Fair
1%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 79

ace2ace

Re: [2.0.18] Block Open Proxy Registrants

Post by ace2ace »

I installed this mod 2 or 3 years ago.
And now I have 4000 IP addresses listed. Is the site scanning all of them each time? Wouldn't this be one of the reasons my site is slowing down sometimes? How do I delete all of them at once? Or would it be a problem to delete them?

Thanks.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

No. This MOD only scans the IP address a person registers from. Scanning 3,999 other IP addresses doesn't tell you anything about the person visiting your website, right now.
clava

Post by clava »

Unable to load recently used proxies

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'status' in 'order clause'

Line : 255
File : SELECT * FROM phpbb_proxies ORDER BY status DESC LIMIT 0, 10
I receive this error when I want to sort proxies after "proxy_type".
What seems to be the problem??

LATER EDIT:
In file: template/.../admin/proxy_list_body.tpl

I've changed:
<option value="status"{S_STATUS}>{L_TYPE}</option>
to
<option value="behavior"{S_STATUS}>{L_TYPE}</option>

and all seem to be work fine.

Question:
Can anybody know a "DNSBL Domain DNSBL Link" that are actually working? The old ones from this mod are not working any more.
Thank you.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

3.0.0 fixed the "Unknown column 'status' in 'order clause'" error you described. Of course, shortly after writing 3.0.0, I decided to abandon it. PHP4 (which 3.0.0 and indeed all versions of this MOD) simply is not well suited to proxy detection, imho. Sure, it can be done, but only with error-prone techniques.
sascha26

Post by sascha26 »

TerraFrost wrote:3.0.0 fixed the "Unknown column 'status' in 'order clause'" error you described. Of course, shortly after writing 3.0.0, I decided to abandon it. PHP4 (which 3.0.0 and indeed all versions of this MOD) simply is not well suited to proxy detection, imho. Sure, it can be done, but only with error-prone techniques.

Hello TerraFrost,
I'm very interested for the latest version 3.0.0,
but i can't use it, because it required 'fsockopen()'.

Code: Select all

Warning: fsockopen() has been disabled for security reasons
in /.../.../www/includes/class_proxy_http.php on line 76
What can i do now?
Is it possible to use it without this 'fsockopen()' function?
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Nope - if fsockopen doesn't work, not even 2.0.2 will work for you.
sascha26

Post by sascha26 »

That is really too bad. :cry:

But can you give me please a download link for this version 2.0.2 ?
I can't find it on any other websites.. Thx.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Errr... the version I should have said in my last post was 2.2.1. ie. the last version before 3.0.0.

Anyway, that version can be downloaded here:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4#p1357134

Like I said, though, that version won't work with fsockopen() disabled. If the curl extension were enabled, that could be used, but in my experience, if fsockopen() is disabled, curl is, as well. Now, in the off chance that curl were enabled and fsockopen() wasn't, this MOD could, in theory, be rewritten to support it, but... that'd pretty much require a complete rewrite, which I have absolutely no interest in doing.
sascha26

Post by sascha26 »

I have try it now with: v3.0.0 , v2.2.1 and v2.0.0 and this Mod dont work for me..
because fopen, fsockopen and curl is disable; really too bad.. :roll:

But thank you TerraFrost for your support... ;)
greatgamer

Post by greatgamer »

Question, as a test I used software on my PC called Hide My IP which changes my IP address, and I was able to register on my site even though the Proxy mod is enabled. I even did a check on this IP and it said no proxy servers detected. Wasn't it suppose to detect this IP? I used the IP address: 218.63.252.219 for this test. Someone is able to re-register with multiple IPs from different countries so I am trying to put a stop to that. Also, even though I have the timeout set to 6 seconds, while registering the page loads really fast as if it is not checking at all.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

greatgamer wrote:Question, as a test I used software on my PC called Hide My IP which changes my IP address, and I was able to register on my site even though the Proxy mod is enabled. I even did a check on this IP and it said no proxy servers detected. Wasn't it suppose to detect this IP? I used the IP address: 218.63.252.219 for this test. Someone is able to re-register with multiple IPs from different countries so I am trying to put a stop to that. Also, even though I have the timeout set to 6 seconds, while registering the page loads really fast as if it is not checking at all.
That really depends on how it's being done. If 218.63.252.219 is a so-called gateway proxy, there's nothing that you can do to detect it since the address you use to connect is different than the address the end server sees.

Also, it's possible you're user is using a so-called CGI proxy. This MOD can't detect them, however, IP Unmasker (aka Proxy Revealer) can.

Finally, sorry for the delay - I'm not sure why I missed your post - I've definitely been logged in since you made it, so it seems like I should have...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”