[2.0.18] Block Open Proxy Registrants

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
14%
Good
10%
Fair
1%
Poor
11%

Total votes: 79

djblade

Re: [2.0.18] Block Open Proxy Registrants

Post by djblade »

does this mod work on v 2.0.22 on phpbb forums
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

djblade wrote:does this mod work on v 2.0.22 on phpbb forums
I don't see why it wouldn't...
hotfmcanarypete

Post by hotfmcanarypete »

Howdy, first post, first reason to. So far I have installed several mods, with no problems installing them (all manually, I must admit the first one went a bit WHOO HOOO, but all went good in the end) I have tested this open proxy one and it does seem to work, YEY, and I like your mods as they are cool. But........

I have used http and socks proxies from http://www.samair.ru (flippin russians as I think its THEM that are getting me) and used a program called socks chain to test and obain both proxy and socks address + ports etc. Now I have to admit it takes a long time depending on where the IP is, to sometimes load the pages etc, but they are STILL sneaking through. Now there is a proxy checking tool on the samair site that is suppose to check their database for these open ones, Is there anyway I can use this or is there anything else I can use to check for open one and ban them, or am I just gonna have to keep on allowing people personnaly (as the admin) to use the site?

Cheers

Pete
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

hotfmcanarypete wrote:Howdy, first post, first reason to. So far I have installed several mods, with no problems installing them (all manually, I must admit the first one went a bit WHOO HOOO, but all went good in the end) I have tested this open proxy one and it does seem to work, YEY, and I like your mods as they are cool. But........

I have used http and socks proxies from http://www.samair.ru (flippin russians as I think its THEM that are getting me) and used a program called socks chain to test and obain both proxy and socks address + ports etc. Now I have to admit it takes a long time depending on where the IP is, to sometimes load the pages etc, but they are STILL sneaking through. Now there is a proxy checking tool on the samair site that is suppose to check their database for these open ones, Is there anyway I can use this or is there anything else I can use to check for open one and ban them, or am I just gonna have to keep on allowing people personnaly (as the admin) to use the site?
This MOD does have a timeout setting. Increasing it will catch more proxies, but at a cost - the registration page will take increasingly more time to load.

As for SOCKS proxies... 2.2.1 doesn't detect them. 3.0.0 does, but that feature hasn't been thoroughly tested by me and since I know consider IP Unmasker to be the successor to this MOD, that's not a feature I'm really all that interested in further developing.

A MOD could be written to check against samair's database, but that could result in false positives and negatives. If you want such a MOD, though, try posting in the MOD Requests forum.

That said, if you're just looking to stop spam registrants, you could try my Note to Admin on Admin Activation MOD. There are other possibilities described in the following URL:

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 1&t=427852

Good luck!
Acorn

Post by Acorn »

I've just set this mod up on a new forum and when I click on 'Block Open Proxies' in the ACP I get the following message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /chat/admin/admin_proxy.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The permissions for admin_proxy are set to 644.

Any ideas?
Getting braver all the time. :D
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

The only thing I can figure is that maybe some .htaccess file is blocking access to it. I'd try renaming it to a few other things and see if you can still access it.

Portions of it probably aren't going to work while it's renamed, but atleast that'd give you some info.
Acorn

Post by Acorn »

:D Thanks. Having changed the name, I was able to get to the right place when clicking on Block Open Proxies. I've now changed all references to admin_proxy.php to the new name (I didn't find any that weren't in the renamed file itself), and it seems to be working.

Does it sound as though I've missed anything?
Getting braver all the time. :D
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Acorn wrote::D Thanks. Having changed the name, I was able to get to the right place when clicking on Block Open Proxies. I've now changed all references to admin_proxy.php to the new name (I didn't find any that weren't in the renamed file itself), and it seems to be working.

Does it sound as though I've missed anything?
Nope - I think you got everything :)
djblade

Post by djblade »

Error on checking ip

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/djblade/public_html/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 180

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/djblade/public_html/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 224

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/djblade/public_html/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 180

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/djblade/public_html/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 224

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/djblade/public_html/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 185

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/djblade/public_html/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 191

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/djblade/public_html/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 195

Warning: fgets(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/djblade/public_html/includes/functions_proxy.php on line 195

is all i seem to keep on getting does anyone now how to fix this
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

Sounds like the fsockopen function may be disabled, in which case, this MOD isn't going to work, at all.

What does the Debug Panel in the ACP say?
djblade

Post by djblade »

ok how do i view that cos i see no debug section to view
djblade

Post by djblade »

ok here is me php file lines

line 180
fputs($fsock,sprintf($this->http_request,$port));

line 185
fputs($fsock,sprintf($this->http_request,"$port&debug=1"));

line 191
preg_match('#\d{3}#',fgets($fsock, 1024),$temp);

line 224
fclose($fsock);

Do i need to edit theses at all as these are one lines that are causing the problems if so what do i need to edit them to
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

If the problem were in those lines, no one would be able to use this MOD.

Rather, the problem is most likely due to the servers configuration.

As for the Debug Panel... well, how are you testing IP addresses? You can't activate this MOD until you've tested an IP address, successfully, via the ACP. When you're viewing the results of a successful test, there should be a debug panel. Clicking it will open it and give you debug information.

If you can't even get that far, then there's not much I can do (not that there's any guarantee I'll be able to do anything, anyway).
djblade

Post by djblade »

ok this i cant see so there must be something wrong aswell as that i have noticed in acp there is no
in General Admin i cant see the following below
Backup Database
Restore Database
What can be causing this problem is there anything i can do to fix this because am not sure whats causing this at the min
TerraFrost
Former Team Member

Post by TerraFrost »

djblade wrote:ok this i cant see so there must be something wrong aswell as that i have noticed in acp there is no
in General Admin i cant see the following below
Backup Database
Restore Database
What can be causing this problem is there anything i can do to fix this because am not sure whats causing this at the min
You're going to have to post a screenshot because I have no clue what you're talking about.

Also, how are you testing proxies? I asked you this in my last post...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”