[2.0.20] Event Registration

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
25%
Good
4%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 71

Marmotte

Post by Marmotte »

This is not among the features.

even as admin, you do not have control on the registration event, other than editing the post and clearing the event.
weegee

Post by weegee »

:(

Is there a way i could manually remove the data from the database, what tables would i be looking for.

If i create a mod for doing this function, is it something that others would like if i post up the code?

Thanks

Graham
Toho_NL

Post by Toho_NL »

I would be interested in such a MOD. I think it can be useful for admins to be able to 'control' the event registration like you described.

Best regards,

Toho_NL.
Toho_NL

Post by Toho_NL »

Is it possible to make it so that when someone registers for an event that it shows up as if there would be a new message? Now you have to go to the forum in which the event is announced to see whether there are more registrations... It would be nice when the icon would become orange so that you know that something has changed.

Do you think this can be done?

Best regards,

Toho_NL.
Marmotte

Post by Marmotte »

weegee wrote: :(

Is there a way i could manually remove the data from the database, what tables would i be looking for.

If i create a mod for doing this function, is it something that others would like if i post up the code?

Thanks

Graham

the tables have "registration" in their names.
but to remove the right record, you will need to find the topic ID and user ID...

I'd be interested in an addition to the MOD that allows to admin the registrations.
Toho_NL wrote: Is it possible to make it so that when someone registers for an event that it shows up as if there would be a new message? Now you have to go to the forum in which the event is announced to see whether there are more registrations... It would be nice when the icon would become orange so that you know that something has changed.

Do you think this can be done?

Best regards,

Toho_NL.
I think that may be quite a bit of rewriting all around... even in the polls, there's no new vote indication anywhere, and polls are built-in ;)
jasonbear

Little Bit of Code

Post by jasonbear »

Hey guys,

Well this mod is GREAT.. I use it for allowing people to register for events.. (go figure)

Sometimes however all they do is reply to the forum and they don't click the little button. Although most get the idea some don't. So manual registration by me is needed sometimes. I created this VERY simple script to automate that procedure a bit ..

Couple notes here ...

You need to simply copy the code into a file called: force_reg.php (anywhere on your webserver. If someone really wants they can make this into a admin interface). Edit the file with the phpbb database name, username and password.

Two pieces of information you need ...

UserID .. which can be found by going into the users information and mousing over "pm" it will say u="###" ### is the user ID..

Topic ID... which is found in the url when you click on the topic.
Example: http://www.domain.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=374
(So here its topic id 374)

There is no error checking, you can not confirm the entry, and if it buggers things up its your butt :)

Any questions let me konw. .

Code: Select all

<html>
<form method="POST" action="force_reg.php?submit=yes" name="submit">
Userid:<input type="text" name="userid"><br>
Regid:<input type="text" name="regid"><br>
<?
$time = time();
?>
Time:<input type="text" name="time" value="<?echo $time?>"><br>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit"><br>
<?

if (isset($_GET['submit'])) {
$username = "username";
$password = "password";
$db= "forum";

// Getting Posts //
$userid = $_POST['userid'];
$regid = $_POST['regid'];

mysql_connect("localhost","$username","$password") or die ("Incorrect login");
mysql_select_db("$db") or die ("Unable to select database");

mysql_query ("INSERT INTO phpbb_registration (topic_id, registration_user_id,registration_time,registration_status) values ('$regid','$userid','$time','1')") or die ("Sorry you did something wrong");
echo "<h1><b><center>Done</b></center></h1>";

}

johannae

Post by johannae »

I had this mod installed on my old board - with Charcoal2 no problems.
This new board, same style - no errors - however the registration box simply doesn't show at all. I checked the template files - but can not find any errors. 2.0.18 is the version (I know - out of date)
Yahoo Support Sucks
groundfighter

Post by groundfighter »

I know you said you checked the templates but you checked that you made the proper edits to the templates or you checked that you uploaded the *.tpl files to the proper template directories.

Have you checked permissions in the forum acp yet too?
Ladonna

Getting a Fatal Error

Post by Ladonna »

I have searched this thread to see if this was dealt with... but can't find anything... I am not so adept as to problem solve this... if someone can help?
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /viewforum.php on line 77

This is not anywhere, where I added script from the instructions... How do I find the problem?
johannae

Post by johannae »

groundfighter wrote: I know you said you checked the templates but you checked that you made the proper edits to the templates or you checked that you uploaded the *.tpl files to the proper template directories.

Have you checked permissions in the forum acp yet too?

Yes and yes.

The button by announcement shows, however, even after checked - and submitted - the registration does not appear above the post. All permissions are set to registered.
Yahoo Support Sucks
Ladonna

Fatal Error Message... Not sure how to track

Post by Ladonna »

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message_die() in /home//MGforum/viewforum.php on line 77

I am not sure how to track this down. When I went to the file, the trouble was not where I altered code. I get this error when I click on a forum link from the front page.
rawtoxic

Post by rawtoxic »

Ladonna,

What I would do is restore the backup of your viewforum.php that you (hopefully) made before installing the mod. See if the problem goes away. If it does start over on that file and try modding it again.

Also, are you sure you edited all of the files or that you uploaded all of the changed files to the correct places?
robertmurray

oh please, oh please, oh please...

Post by robertmurray »

i'm a phpBB newbie but i REALLY need an event registration mod and can't seem to get this one to work. Before i bang my head on the wall any longer, i am wondering if anyone can point me to a site where i can see this mod in action to verify it is worth my continued effort.

i am running on windows 2003/IIS6 (no flames please), PHP 4.4.4, and MS SQL 2000 (again, no flames please) :oops:

phpBB runs great for me until i add this mod. then, at the top of the page, start getting the following SQL errors once i go into a topic within a forum:

Warning: odbc_exec() [function.odbc-exec]: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'topic_reg'., SQL state S0022 in SQLExecDirect in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\db\mssql-odbc.php on line 117

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at d:\inetpub\wwwroot\db\mssql-odbc.php:117) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\includes\page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at d:\inetpub\wwwroot\db\mssql-odbc.php:117) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\includes\page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at d:\inetpub\wwwroot\db\mssql-odbc.php:117) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\includes\page_header.php on line 486
Marmotte

Post by Marmotte »

are you sure you added correctly the new columns to your database ?

the last column of your phpbb_topics table should be topic_reg, of type tinyint(1)
Gallow

Error in functions_post.php

Post by Gallow »

Unfortunately I not very well versed in PHP or SQL and have run into a small issue. I've installed and made all of the modifications per the installation instructions. However when I go to post a new topic I get the following error message.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /forums/includes/functions_post.php on line 253

This is the current line of code:

Code: Select all

$sql  = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote, topic_reg) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_vote, $topic_reg)" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . ", topic_reg = " . $topic_reg . " WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_vote)" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . " WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
phpbb 2.0.21
regmod_2.0.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this mod would be an awesome tool for us.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”