Auto-Refresh Forum

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
55%
Very Good
45%
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Poor
No votes

Total votes: 11

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:04 pm

Hey all,

I will make an add-on for the mod to let users switch the feature on and off in their profile.

Hopefully I'll be able to release that soon, and I'll also take a look at the ComicBook theme problems too. :)

P.S. I've just been looking through the whole of this topic and I've just realised how long I've been neglecting it for - am I truly sorry for not getting round to sorting everything out for the Mod - hopefully I'll be able to offer better support in 2007 - something which I probably should've said for the start of 2006... :oops:

anothername

Post by anothername » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:10 pm

Hi, I installed this and it was working great... for a few days. Now it just doesn't seem to refresh any more. I installed it, per directions, at http://crucible.samanna.net on all three themes - subSilver, ezSerenity, and ezLurker (a variant for those not logged in), and they all worked at first, but none of them seem to work now.

Any ideas? Oh, I set the refresh to 600 instead of 60; it seemed to work fine.

Andromeda16

Post by Andromeda16 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:53 am

whats the status of the add-on for this mod?

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:46 pm

In development. :)

Andromeda16

Post by Andromeda16 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:20 am

heh... thanks... I am just really anxious for this because it would make this mod so much more complete... :lol: :lol:

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:34 pm

anothername wrote: Hi, I installed this and it was working great... for a few days. Now it just doesn't seem to refresh any more. I installed it, per directions, at http://crucible.samanna.net on all three themes - subSilver, ezSerenity, and ezLurker (a variant for those not logged in), and they all worked at first, but none of them seem to work now.

Any ideas? Oh, I set the refresh to 600 instead of 60; it seemed to work fine.

Hi anothername,

I just had a look at your forum (I presume the ezLurker theme since I'm not registered there), and the code that should appear before </head> in the overall_header.tpl file isn't there.

Also, setting the Mod to 600 means that it will only refresh every 10 minutes - so it may appear to not work, but it might just be because it's such a big gap between refreshes. :)

---

I was due to start a big coding project today, but I've managed to get someone else to do it instead because the pressure of coding a CMS from scratch and to a deadline was getting to me - so thankfully that pressure has been lifted from me and I feel like I've got time to do more now - including supporting this Mod. :)

The add-on for the Mod should be done within the next week or so, and I'm also investigating the problems with the Mod and comicBook template and will hopefully have a fix for that soon too.

Again, I apologise for not being able to get everything sorted before now. :oops:

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Update -

I've tried installing it on the comicBook template myself and it seems to work OK.

I looked back at the code that the user posted and it seems they left out the switch for my code in their overall_header.tpl file, and they didn't copy it exactly as it is in the Mod installation file. Even though I've not been able to replicate the error as that user described it (refreshing when clicking anywhere on the page), I believe the reason it wasn't working was probably because they did not copy the code exactly from the installation file.

It should be safe to use it on the comicBook template, however if you're still having problems, double-check that you are using phpBB 2.0.22 and comicBook 1.0.3 because that's what I used to test the Mod on, and it worked fine.

---

Regarding the add-on - it will not be an add-on anymore because I have decided to include it in the Mod as a default feature. I will, however, keep a version of the Mod available (in a contrib folder in the next release) that does not include this feature for anyone who doesn't like it.

Depending on how much I get done today, it should be in the Mod Validation queue within the next couple of days. :)

The next version will be version 1.1.0 because of the new feature addition.

Andromeda16

Post by Andromeda16 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:56 pm

for those of us who have the old version installed, how hard should it be to upgrade?

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:03 am

Ah - I never thought of that before - I suppose it would help if I included an upgrade file. :P

You can tell I'm new to all of this! :lol:

It shouldn't be too difficult - you shouldn't need to change any of the current MOD code - it will most likely be just be more code to add into phpBB, as if it was another MOD. :)

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:13 am

OK, the new version is now in the Mod Validation Queue.

I've also included the original 1.0.1 installation file and an update file (1.0.1 to 1.1.0) in the contrib folder.

The update includes a few changes from the previous version, not just new code to be added in like I first though - however it's nothing too difficult. :)

Hopefully you'll see the new version soon (assuming it gets accepted first time), and I hope you all enjoy it. :D

(I also hope I've not made any mistakes this time! :lol:)

Andromeda16

Post by Andromeda16 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:12 am

has it been validated? if so, got the link? very interested!! :lol: :lol:

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:26 am

It's in the validation queue, but it's not been validated yet.

I would give you a link on my webspace, but I wouldn't want to muck things up if there's something wrong with the code changes. :lol:

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:21 pm

I knew I was right in not providing you will a link before it was validated - because I've just found 2 bugs. :lol:

I've resubmitted it, and hopefully it will be with you all soon. :)

I've made a demo forum up for you all to see the new version in action -

http://www.xboxelite.co.uk/refresh/

Login info - Username (test), Password (testing).

Obviously you can't get in the admin panel, but the only thing that's changed is the user management when you edit someone's profile - their refreshing preference will be shown there (which coincidentally was related to one of the bugs). :)

Andromeda16

Post by Andromeda16 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:49 am

whats the status

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:08 am

Still in the queue, I'm afraid - it's about 2 and a half weeks since I submitted it, and since the average is 4 weeks, there's nothing to worry about - it'll be appearing soon hopefully. :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”