[Tool] phpBB 2.0.11 to phpBB 2.0.12 Code Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
4%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 109

dotslasher

Post by dotslasher » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:43 pm

i disabled the board to update to .12 (mod version) but after upgrading i cannot enter my admin cpanel anymore. I get rejected with the following msg: You are not authorised to administer this board.

transitbus

Post by transitbus » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:45 pm

Edit:

After taking the time to do it right, everything works great. Since I use the extreme styles mod I ignored the change to the template.php file.

Thanks again for this mod :D
Last edited by transitbus on Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks for proving my point...

Running -> Windows 2003 Standard sp1 :: MS-Sql Server 2000 sp4 :: IIS 6 :: php 4.4.0 isapi mode :: phpbb 2.0.16 <-

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:47 pm

Thanks a lot. Worked great without any errors.

Can I ask why the version number has been taken away from the bottom of the page (overall_footer.tpl, simple_footer.tpl)?
A security issue maybe?
My MODs: [ Topics a user has started ] , [ Profile views ] , [ Colour on poll results ] , [ Topic posters ] , [ Add number to PM ] , [ Default avatar ] , [ View category name ] , [ Null vote ] , [ Forum description in viewforum ] , [ Resync forum ids ] , [ View PM while replying ] , [ Quick poll insert ] , [ Limit login attempts ] , [ Track PMs ]

www.ManipeF1.com

Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:50 pm

Further to my request for help re profile page. Despite there being no changes to profile.php with these edits as can be seen below the option to Upload avatars from url and also Upload from your machine have gone.
Top image is prior to mod and image below is after the mod

If in fact those options have been removed as a security issue fair enough but if not and anyone can point me to the file/s I might check I would be gratefulll.

Thanks
Jim

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:50 pm

dotslasher wrote: i disabled the board to update to .12 (mod version) but after upgrading i cannot enter my admin cpanel anymore. I get rejected with the following msg: You are not authorised to administer this board.

It looks like you logged out, just after you disabled the board.
All you have to do is re-enable it through the SQL tables.
In phpbb_config, set "board_disable" to "0" (It should be one of the first rows).
My MODs: [ Topics a user has started ] , [ Profile views ] , [ Colour on poll results ] , [ Topic posters ] , [ Add number to PM ] , [ Default avatar ] , [ View category name ] , [ Null vote ] , [ Forum description in viewforum ] , [ Resync forum ids ] , [ View PM while replying ] , [ Quick poll insert ] , [ Limit login attempts ] , [ Track PMs ]

www.ManipeF1.com

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:54 pm

Jim_UK wrote: Further to my request for help re profile page. Despite there being no changes to profile.php with these edits as can be seen below the option to Upload avatars from url and also Upload from your machine have gone.
Top image is prior to mod and image below is after the mod

If in fact those options have been removed as a security issue fair enough but if not and anyone can point me to the file/s I might check I would be gratefulll.

Thanks
Jim

Well, they should be still there.
Try looking towards the end of "templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl".
You might have done something that triggers the switches.

www.ManipeF1.com

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:56 pm

DJ04SlimShadyNo1 wrote: i cant seem to find this in includes/functions.php

Code: Select all

return $username;
}
here is my lines 80-100

Code: Select all

function get_userdata($user, $force_str = false)
{
	global $db;

if (intval($user) == 0 || $force_str)
	{
		$user = trim(htmlspecialchars($user));
		$user = substr(str_replace("\\'", "'", $user), 0, 25);
		$user = str_replace("'", "\\'", $user);
	}
	else
	{
		$user = intval($user);
	}

$sql = "SELECT *
		FROM " . USERS_TABLE . " 
		WHERE ";
	$sql .= ( ( is_integer($user) ) ? "user_id = $user" : "username = '" .  $user . "'" ) . " AND user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS;
	if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
	{
i have installed lots of mods, im not sure which one has changed this line

any help plz

thanks

Just add the code BEFORE the "function get_userdata($user, $force_str = false)" line

www.ManipeF1.com

Manipe
Former Team Member

Post by Manipe » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:00 pm

DragonMaster1 wrote: All appears to be working fine but I keep getting this unable to connect error:

Version Information

Unable to open connection to phpBB Server, reported error is:
Connection refused

For the latest information on updates to phpBB, why not subscribe to our mailing list.