[Tool] phpBB 2.0.11 to phpBB 2.0.12 Code Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
12%
Good
6%
Fair
4%
Poor
7%

Total votes: 109

Darezettl

Post by Darezettl » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:58 pm

Hi Guys, i'd like finally update my 2.0.11, but only with the critical fixes.
i installed already the critical fixes from 2.0.13 to 2.0.16, but in the 2.0.12 thread i can nowhere find a list with the critica fixes from 2.0.11 to 2.0.12.

can somebody plz post these here for me?

thanks in advance, darezettl
[...]

BlueRook

Post by BlueRook » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:14 am

You really should do the full updates. I'm not sure there were any critical updates for that version -- at least it wasn't mentioned here.

That said, if you don't do all the updates then you are potentially leaving yourself open to be exploited. You also shouldn't claim you have the newest version if you need support.

rakastajatar

update_to_latest.php

Post by rakastajatar » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:09 am

ok .. i'm late .. but i'm doing it.
doing my upgrades ..

the only file i have is upgrade.php in my install folder .

where can i get the right file?

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Re: update_to_latest.php

Post by asinshesq » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:43 am

rakastajatar wrote: ...where can i get the right file?

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=48

rakastajatar

Re: update_to_latest.php

Post by rakastajatar » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:00 pm

asinshesq wrote:
rakastajatar wrote:...where can i get the right file?

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=48

yeah, i couldn't find the file i needed.
i have already done the find/replace code bit

EDIT

doing the 11 to 13.

rakastajatar

Post by rakastajatar » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:20 pm

ok i did the 11-13 update and i ran the file and now everything is messed up.

http://redroomies.com/phpBB2/index.php? ... 120bd5cced

that is what my board looks like

I did everything to the T.
I followed every instruction.

I don't know how to fix this.

Since I got this mess. I uploaded my back up files. But still nothing. My board is still messed up.

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:35 pm

rakastajatar wrote: ok i did the 11-13 update and i ran the file and now everything is messed up.

Your templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl has been replaced by templates/subSilver/admin/index_body.tpl

If you have overwritten your backup copy, you will have to extract a fresh copy from the phpBB package on the Downloads page.
Have you hugged someone today?

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:21 am

rakastajatar wrote: ...I did everything to the T.
I followed every instruction....

No, you didn't. And if you do this again, let me suggest that you use easymod so that you won't waste your time and ours trying to fix the mess that manual installations often make.

As for fixing your board now...are you saying you don't have a real backup of the full phpbb2 directory so that you really can't go back to where you were without installing a fresh set of files? And did you have an already modded board or was it pretty much clean so that it doesn't matter if you go to a clean phpbb2.0.18 board?

rakastajatar

Post by rakastajatar » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:50 am

asinshesq wrote:
rakastajatar wrote:...I did everything to the T.

No, you didn't. And if you do this again, let me suggest that you use easymod so that you won't waste your time and ours trying to fix the mess that manual installations often make.

As for fixing your board now...are you saying you don't have a real backup of the full phpbb2 directory so that you really can't go back to where you were without installing a fresh set of files? And did you have an already modded board or was it pretty much clean so that it doesn't matter if you go to a clean phpbb2.0.18 board?

I mean, before starting the editing process, i saved the files twice. one set to edit .. one set as back up. incase i did something wrong. since i did, i tried uploading the back up files.

I have one simple question.

Can I safely dump the database to an SQL file, install the new version and then import all my old data?

doing this from verison 2.0.11

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:57 am

rakastajatar wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
rakastajatar wrote:...I did everything to the T.

I mean, before starting the editing process, i saved the files twice. one set to edit .. one set as back up. incase i did something wrong. since i did, i tried uploading the back up files.

I have one simple question.

Can I safely dump the database to an SQL file, install the new version and then import all my old data?

doing this from verison 2.0.11

Are you saying that you have no mods you care about installed so that you are ok starting with a brand new clean board? If so, this becomes very very easy. You don't even need to dump the db and reinstall it. Here's what to do:

1. Save your config.php file somewhere.

2. Delete your old phpbb2 directory, download a clean set of phpbb2 2.0.18 files and upload them to replace your entire old phpbb2 directory.

3. Move that config.php file back into the phpbb2 directory you just uploaded (replacing the new one that came with phpbb2 2.0.18)

4. Delete the contrib directory.

5. Go to www.yourdomain.com/install/update_to_latest.php (obviously use whatever your forum address is rather than www.yourdomain.com
for that www.yourdomain.com part).

6. Follow directions on the screen to update your db.

7. Delete your install directory.

That's all there is to it. Let us know what happens.

arkmads

Re: [Tool] phpBB 2.0.11 to phpBB 2.0.12 Code Changes

Post by arkmads » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:00 pm

thanks..this topic really helps me a lot..eheheh..

be careful for the missing bracket of the given codes..eheh

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”