[2.0.20] Advanced Version Check

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
47%
Very Good
37%
Good
11%
Fair
No votes
Poor
5%

Total votes: 19

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:22 pm

NightriderXP wrote: It would have been nice to have had upgrades for earlier versions.

I know, I considered that, but the upgrade would simply have been the instructions for "uninstall, then install," and I decided you guys could do a bit of the work for once. ;)

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:55 am

It wasn't that big of a deal to uninstall. I was just disappointed that the upgrade from files went back quite a ways but ended just short of what I had installed. I must congratulate you because not many MOD authors provide as many upgrade from files for so many different versions, if at all, like you do. I just need to keep a better eye on this so that I don't get so far behind next time...

DemonBob

Post by DemonBob » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:24 am

NightriderXP wrote: It wasn't that big of a deal to uninstall. I was just disappointed that the upgrade from files went back quite a ways but ended just short of what I had installed. I must congratulate you because not many MOD authors provide as many upgrade from files for so many different versions, if at all, like you do. I just need to keep a better eye on this so that I don't get so far behind next time...

Thats why when i was helping on the mod, i was glad i was only doing the programming.....creating all those upgrade files would have drove me bonkers. 8O. I do have to hand it to FoA, this mod has come along way since his frist version, and i was glad to help when i could and did.

And yes, besides popular belief I am still alive...and did not drop off the face of the planet, although my family and friends beg to differ.

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:41 pm

Heh. DemonBob has been helping a little bit behind the scenes, although 3.0.0 is all my work. :)

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:38 pm

Keeping track of what changes were needed in each version could prove to be a daunting task after a while. I applaud the fact that so many upgrade from files were made available...

Now if more MOD authors would get on the bandwagon, that would be very nice. They don't seem to be listening though...

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:34 am

Note about the server move: It's a little less than 7 and a half hours until phpBB.com moves house. During the move there will be a general support forum at area51 for MODs.
I would just like to say that I will NOT be offering support at area51 during the break; personally I have my own opinion about raucous support fora like that, and will instead spend the time off working on code for my various MODs. Any support threads there for any of my MODs will go unnoticed by me, so please hold off with your support requests until phpBB.com comes back online. Thank you.
Note that this is simply for my MODs and does not reflect any other member of the MOD Team or any other phpBB team.
--Fountain of Apples

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:29 am

A little problem with my web host is causing an error when trying to run the Advanced Version Check version checker. For AVC 3, this is not a major problem, but for AVC 2, this will entirely shut down Advanced Version Check (hence why that was fixed in version 3). If you are using AVC 2, you will probably want to temporarily disable the AVC checker. If you are using AVC 3, just wait till it comes back up.

I will try to get the things restored within the next 24 hours (can't do it right now).

EDIT: The files are back, you may now disregard this notice. :)

pillars

Post by pillars » Wed May 03, 2006 1:19 pm

hey, i recently instaled your avc 3.0.6 and fallowed your directions but i got these errors:

Warning: main(./language/lang_/lang_avc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\constants_avc.php on line 57

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening './language/lang_/lang_avc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\constants_avc.php on line 57

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\constants_avc.php:57) in F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\sessions.php on line 254

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\constants_avc.php:57) in F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\sessions.php on line 255

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\constants_avc.php:57) in F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\constants_avc.php:57) in F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\page_header.php on line 487

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\constants_avc.php:57) in F:\home\sysadm\athenet.net\pillars\phpbb\includes\page_header.php on line 488
Pillars of Our Community Adminsitrator

check us out
http://pillars.athenet.net/phpbb/index.php

pillars

Post by pillars » Wed May 03, 2006 3:52 pm

help resolving this problem would be nice so my users can log in agian

check us out

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Thu May 04, 2006 1:49 pm

Give me more than 3 hours to respond please, I do have a life of my own (not on here 24/7) and also am more busy than usual nowadays so I can't respond right away.

It seems that the error is with your directory where you have the languages, which is listed as language/lang_/. That, unfortunately, isn't a valid name for that directory. Try renamingg lang_/ to lang_english/ and everything should then work fine.

pillars

Post by pillars » Thu May 04, 2006 2:26 pm

shure thing, if your bussy its not much of an issue, if jsut closed my forums down untill this issue gets resolved, i'll try renameing it

sorry if i seem un knolageable in this. i am new to the field of webmastering.

check us out

pillars

Post by pillars » Thu May 04, 2006 2:33 pm

agh i feel so stupid. its was such an easy fix. I guess I need to look hard at what the error message is telling me before I aske for help

check us out

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Thu May 04, 2006 10:44 pm

Don't blame yourself, we all make stupid mistakes. I still do sometimes (look at how many times I've had to resubmit AVC 3!).

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:50 am

MOD Updated to version 3.0.6
See first post for Download Link

mikel_man
Name: Barry Smith

Post by mikel_man » Sun May 28, 2006 7:44 pm

I have an error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/theman05/public_html/includes/functions_admin.php on line 62
When clicking avc configuration link in the ACP. I have Topic calender, Categories Heirarchy, CH-attachment mod, and phpBB-2.0.20.

Any ideas?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”