[2.0.20] Topic Description

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
14%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 49

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

And the post looks similar to what you posted on my board?

Very peculiar behaviour...
DennyCrane

Post by DennyCrane »

i just copied the entire post and tried on your testing board.. it works fine (i have deleted the post tho)

when i add spaces to the post (on my board) the tooltip breaks, if i edit them back out its fine again
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

To be honest, I have no idea what might be causing this.

Try refreshing the includes/functions_desc.php file with a fresh one from a new download

Or uhm, go through the changes and see if you made anything wrong. Try applying the mod on a test board and see if you get the same problem...
DennyCrane

Post by DennyCrane »

the tooltip just seems to be pretty buggy in general (no offence;) even your board is kind of sloppy (status bar errors etc.) i've decided to simply turn off the feature.

thanks for your hard work
DennyCrane

Post by DennyCrane »

the tooltip just seems to be pretty buggy in general (no offence;) even your board is kind of sloppy (status bar errors etc.) i've decided to simply turn off the feature.

thanks for your hard work
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Ok...now I think I will have a problem with this...we decided to use the CH mod...so I doubt I can install this whole thing...is there a way to make it just display part of the topic post in the alt text when you rollover a link? I could probably mod it myself...but I am not very good at php and mysql yet...and I am pretty lost with the templating...
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Most browsers don't display any alt text in the rollover things

and the CH mod is such a piece of uhm... well it changes too much of the core code, it basically violates 80% of the rules from the modding guidelines.

And uhm, making this mod work with CH is a really really big and complex undertaking for which I sadly do not have time...
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Swizec wrote: Most browsers don't display any alt text in the rollover things

and the CH mod is such a piece of uhm... well it changes too much of the core code, it basically violates 80% of the rules from the modding guidelines.

And uhm, making this mod work with CH is a really really big and complex undertaking for which I sadly do not have time...

Really? I never paid much attention to that...I will have to look into it. :)

Ya, its a huge mess...but I would rather use that then spend many many hours just to get phpbb2 setup the way I want. ;)

Ok, I will look into making a quick mod for it myself...I should be able to do it. :)
happyjoy2

Post by happyjoy2 »

Thank you very much for this MOD, Swizec! It's working great with 2.0.19. I do have a couple of stoooooped n00b questions :P I hope you (or someone) can help me with:

- In the user's own profile (NOT the admin desc section), the default to show descriptions is set to OFF, with the default to show tooltips ON. I'd like the opposite: desc's on, tooltips off. Where do I change this?

- I'd like to remove the "Description for Moderator Only" section from the posting area (don't need this feature, and having it there will only confuse my users); where do I do this and how do I do it safely?

- and last, but definitely not least, I want to change the font size of the descriptions on the topics page; the current size is too large. Where can I change it?
Last edited by happyjoy2 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobber

Post by bobber »

I too don't see the purpose of the Moderator only descriptions in post and would like to remove this.

It seems that it is configurable in the Admin Descriptions control panel, but it does not seem to work.

Also, I'm having a problem with assigning only the Admins/Moderators to be able to add descriptions. It seems it is configurable, but it does not work unless everyone is allowed to enter descriptions.

I've just installed a fresh version of 2.0.19 with no other mods. I'm cleaning up and installing only those mods that I absolutely need. I love this one as it seems like it will fix something that I've been trying to implement for a while now.

Anyone have any problems with permissions? Again, I only want Administrators to be able to post descriptions, but have everyone see them.

Thanks,
happyjoy2

Post by happyjoy2 »

Lil' help? :(
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Yeah, been busy with school, I'll have a check as to how to do these things tonight
happyjoy2

Post by happyjoy2 »

I'm sorry Swizec, I was leaving it open to any others who have this installed and are php-savvy, didn't mean to pressure you personally! Whenever you have the time, I'd be grateful.
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

No sweat, it'll be a nice relaxing activity ^^
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

happyjoy2 wrote: - In the user's own profile (NOT the admin desc section), the default to show descriptions is set to OFF, with the default to show tooltips ON. I'd like the opposite: desc's on, tooltips off. Where do I change this?

Everything appears as ON by default to me, except for "Static tooltips" which is OFF.
happyjoy2 wrote: - I'd like to remove the "Description for Moderator Only" section from the posting area (don't need this feature, and having it there will only confuse my users); where do I do this and how do I do it safely?

Go to your template's file posting_body.tpl and find the code

Code: Select all

<!-- BEGIN switch_moddescription -->
		<input type="checkbox" name="desc4mod" {S_DESC4MOD_CHECKED} />&nbsp; {L_DESC4MOD}
		<!-- END switch_moddescription -->
And simply remove it :)
happyjoy2 wrote: - and last, but definitely not least, I want to change the font size of the descriptions on the topics page; the current size is too large. Where can I change it?

Go to your template's file viewtopic_body.tpl and find the code

Code: Select all

<span class="genbig">{TOPIC_DESC}</span>
Change the word genbig into something else like gen or something. Check the css for available options.

bobber wrote: Also, I'm having a problem with assigning only the Admins/Moderators to be able to add descriptions. It seems it is configurable, but it does not work unless everyone is allowed to enter descriptions.

This appears to be a bug, thanks for reporting. Look at the demo board for a fix, it'll probably be up sometime tomorrow.

edit: here you go http://swizec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10#10

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”