[2.0.20] Topic Description

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
14%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 49

Goronlink

Post by Goronlink » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:36 am

I'm having a bit of a problem. For some reason, after I post, the information page that displays and would usually give me the options to either return to my post or the forum is messed up. Instead, the page I go to after posted displays a blank information box and I don't get redirected anywhere at all. Please help!

22Pixels

Post by 22Pixels » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:02 am

When I added this mod to my forum, everything went well, but my forum is having difficulty turning the mod on. I am looking at the tables in MySQL, they exist and the default value is 1, wich should mean the mod is on, but in the Forum admin it is visible as off. When I turn the mod on, the page takes a unusually long time to load, but displays the change as complete. I dont know what to do, and this has happened to me before, but i forgot the solution. If you think you can help me, please do. Send me a pm or email at switch@22pixels.com
22Pixels | By Artists | For Artists
AIM: TwentyTwoPixels
Skype Me // TwentyTwoPixels

davidshook

Security issues - HTML included in topic description

Post by davidshook » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:51 pm

Swizec wrote: I just hope many of you find use for this, and none find problems with it :D

edit: demo available here

Major issue (at least on my board).
For some reason, guests can include html tags in the topic description.
That also includes JAVASCRIPT!!!
Would be nice if I could limit this only to a few html tags, or to bbcode only!!!

I am not sure if this is occuring becuase I have other MOD's interfering with this.

onux

Post by onux » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:53 am

for some reason, when I edit a post (any post), i get this:

Code: Select all

Warning: Missing argument 21 for submit_post() in /home/thisismyusername/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 311

Warning: Missing argument 22 for submit_post() in /home/thisismyusername/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 311

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thisismyusername/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:311) in /home/thisismyusername/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 580

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thisismyusername/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:311) in /home/thisismyusername/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 582

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thisismyusername/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:311) in /home/thisismyusername/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 583

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:47 am

onux, could you provide a text link to your functions_post.php file? I imagine that you made a mistake in your IN-LINE modifications in that file...

:lol:

NightriderXP

Re: Security issues - HTML included in topic description

Post by NightriderXP » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:50 am

davidshook wrote: Major issue (at least on my board).
For some reason, guests can include html tags in the topic description.
That also includes JAVASCRIPT!!!

I confirmed your discovery on my board as well. This does seem to be a problem that needs to be corrected...

:?

Glenn I

Post by Glenn I » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:08 pm

will this install ok using easy mod?

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:32 pm

It did for me on my heavily modded board. If you run into any problems, I would be happy to help you to modify your MOD file so that it will work with EM on your board...

boater4life

Post by boater4life » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:46 am

Can you help me? I just installed this mod with ezmods and everything went through ok except for 2 things on the viewforum_body.tpl I had an error that I fixed as well as subsilver/view_body.tpl I think it's got something do with having the calender mod installed I made the changes that this mod needed to install with ezmods and manually made the sql table changes and everything seemed fine. However now when I post on the board it doesn't give a topic description and after you post there is nothing there. Please help me if you want to look at the board to see what it's doing the address is http://www.boater4life.com/forum/index.php

boater4life

Post by boater4life » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:52 am

boater4life wrote: Can you help me? I just installed this mod with ezmods and everything went through ok except for 2 things on the viewforum_body.tpl I had an error that I fixed as well as subsilver/view_body.tpl I think it's got something do with having the calender mod installed I made the changes that this mod needed to install with ezmods and manually made the sql table changes and everything seemed fine. However now when I post on the board it doesn't give a topic description and after you post there is nothing there. Please help me if you want to look at the board to see what it's doing the address is http://www.boater4life.com/forum/index.php

I just restored it from a backup and now you can post agin I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong?

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:47 am

boater4life, I'm glad you used EM for this. That will make the analysis much easier. What version of EM are you using???

Could you zip up the contents of your processed folder that EM made when it installed this MOD and provide a link to the zip file? I don't need any other file for now. The zip file should contain a total of 10 files. I will be happy to look through them and see if I can see anything out of the ordinary...

I have both the Topic Calendar and Topic Description MODs installed on my board, as well as hundreds of other MODs, and everything works fine. So there is probably something else going on to cause your problem...

boater4life

Post by boater4life » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:17 am

NightriderXP wrote: boater4life, I'm glad you used EM for this. That will make the analysis much easier. What version of EM are you using???

Could you zip up the contents of your processed folder that EM made when it installed this MOD and provide a link to the zip file? I don't need any other file for now. The zip file should contain a total of 10 files. I will be happy to look through them and see if I can see anything out of the ordinary...

I have both the Topic Calendar and Topic Description MODs installed on my board, as well as hundreds of other MODs, and everything works fine. So there is probably something else going on to cause your problem...

Sure would you like me to send you my complete forum befor and after my changes? I'm useing beta1 (0.1.13) by Nuttzy

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:21 am

No, I don't need or want your complete forum. Just zip up the processed folder that EM created when you installed this MOD. The zip file should contain 10 files only. I don't think the before files will do me much good so let's hold off on them too...

boater4life

Post by boater4life » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:46 pm

NightriderXP wrote: No, I don't need or want your complete forum. Just zip up the processed folder that EM created when you installed this MOD. The zip file should contain 10 files only. I don't think the before files will do me much good so let's hold off on them too...

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this. Here is a link to the processed files. http://www.boater4life.com/processed.zip

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:35 pm

As I expected, the modifications were perfect since you used EM to install it. What I would be interested in next is what changes you had to make to the view_body.tpl file after you installed this. It sounds like you might have made a small mistake that affected the display of your posts. I can't see anything else in these files that would cause the problem you are describing...

:arrow:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”