[2.0.20] Topic Description

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
14%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 49

boater4life

Post by boater4life » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:07 pm

I only made two changes one was in viewforum_body.tpl here is what I changed. I took the red text out to install the mod and Then I put it back after the mod was installed.

<td class="row1" width="100%"><span class="topictitle">{topicrow.NEWEST_POST_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_ATTACHMENT_IMG}{topicrow.TOPIC_TYPE}<a href="{topicrow.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" class="topictitle">{topicrow.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span><span class="gensmall"><br />
{topicrow.GOTO_PAGE}</span></td>

And the second was in posting php. Here I added the red then I removed it after the mod was installed.

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length):, $topic_calendar_time, $topic_calendar_duration);

davidshook

Re: Security issues - HTML included in topic description

Post by davidshook » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:18 am

davidshook wrote: Major issue (at least on my board).
For some reason, guests can include html tags in the topic description.
That also includes JAVASCRIPT!!!
Would be nice if I could limit this only to a few html tags, or to bbcode only!!!

I am not sure if this is occuring becuase I have other MOD's interfering with this.

BUMP.

Hello anyone?
This is a significant security risk. Any solutions?

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:27 am

I am very confused why you are adding and removing the code in red before and after you install the MOD...

The line you displayed above is missing some of the IN-LINE additions from this MOD. This is what it should look like:

Code: Select all

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject),str_replace("\'", "''", $description), $desc4mod,str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length, $topic_calendar_time, $topic_calendar_duration);
I'm surprised that you aren't seeing some error messages...

:?

NightriderXP

Re: Security issues - HTML included in topic description

Post by NightriderXP » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:05 pm

davidshook wrote: This is a significant security risk. Any solutions?

I agree...

:lol:

Americas Reject

Post by Americas Reject » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:58 pm

how can I add this to the spilt topic option?

odie3

Post by odie3 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:13 pm

I just installed this MOD after un-installing a different TD MOD. I must say the admin options are a bit over the top but could be useful. Mainly I am glad you use language files [the other MOD author did not].

Also, this was pretty easy to add to my forums that have PCP and HC MODs install. I did have to make edits in functions_topics_list.php the but they all matched up very well. Also, had to make a edit for it to display in viewforum in topics_list_box.tpl [instead of viewforum_body.tpl].

BTW, what is the issue for Split Topics? I have that installed and it seems to still work... I can not add a TD when I am doing the spliting but big deal.
Odie3
{GD} Forum Admin
http://ghostdogs.net/bb/

Americas Reject

Post by Americas Reject » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:39 pm

Thats what I mean't, I am just saying I would like that.

Scorpiuscat1

Post by Scorpiuscat1 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:11 pm

Can this be installed with easymod?
Visit Sci-Fi Website

Now featuring Over 500 Free Games!!!

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:09 pm

Yes, this and all other MODs in the MOD Database can be installed using EasyMod...

MOD Database

tsaavik

slow performance in one forum

Post by tsaavik » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:35 pm

In one of my forums (forum id 10 in fact) i have 23 topics posted. The first post of the topics range from 3-6 pages of text.

After installing this mod i noticed that that particular forum loaded VERY slowly.

I added the "time traker" mod and started setting breakpoints, i was able to narrow it down to the call to the show_tooltip function, 1.6 seconds!

I Changed it to:

//DMdm Mod to hide the heritage forum from tooltips, since they slow rendering of the page
if ( !($forum_id = 10) ) {
   $topic_tool = ( show_tooltip ( $forum_id, $topic_id ) ) ? topic_tooltip ( $topic_id ) : '';
}
And now everything is okay, except of course you can't view the tooltips in that one forum, no biggie.

Wonder if there is anything else i should try, or do, or if this is just kinda expected.

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:22 am

wow, I've finally reuploaded this thing (v1.11.17) dunno why it took me a month...

anyways,about the speed, yes that is kinda expected, you can fasten it up though by disabling the parsing in the ACP

Dixit

Post by Dixit » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:50 pm

I just added this mod to my Cobalt template and for the past 3hrs trying to figure out how to make it so the "Description" is right justified and same text size as the "Subject" above it.

Am I going to have to change a base file that will affect my other templates as well? Such as if I right justify it in a base file, and if I go back to say the subSilver template is it going to be right justified there too?

Need some help.

Dixit

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:57 pm

open the posting_body.tpl
search for the right lines, then just take the subject line and copy it and do the changes needed for it to be a description line, should work

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:53 pm

Dixit, try this:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
templates/cobalt20/posting_body.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#

<td class="row1" width="22%"><span class="gen"><b>{L_DESCRIPTION}</b></span></td>

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------------
#

<td class="row1" width="22%" align="right"><span class="genmed"><b>{L_DESCRIPTION}</b></span></td>

mr_director

Problem.

Post by mr_director » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:01 pm

Hello.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet or not, but even if I select that anyone can post a description, it still says, "Moderators Only...." Also, the subject description appears regardless if the box is checked or not.
Last edited by mr_director on Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- mr_director

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”