[2.0.20] Topic Description

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
14%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 49

Phantasmagorial

Post by Phantasmagorial »

What changes would I have to make to a template so that it worked with the Topic Description?
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

The ones that are specified in the installation instructions?
1darkangel

Post by 1darkangel »

I am sorry to bug you again. I asked about it before and recieved no answer but I am still having trouble. I am currently using version 1.14.3 of this mod. My problem was that ever since I installed this mod I have not been able to update user info as the admin. The one update was suposed to have fixed this but I still can not alter user info on my board. I looked throught the updates and it didn't look like any of the newer ones addressed this issue so I was not sure if trying to update would even help. Here is the debug message I get and maybe you might have an idea of what to try. I hope so atleast. I have not been able to figure this one out. :oops:

Error Message

Admin_user_fail

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '= '1', user_allowmoddesc = '1', user_showdescriptions = '', user_showtooltips = ' at line 3

UPDATE phpbb_users user_allowdesc = '1', user_allowmoddesc = '1', user_showdescriptions = '', user_showtooltips = '1', user_tooltips_parse = '1', user_tooltips_static = '0', user_toolimg_width = '1', user_toolimg_height = '1', WHERE user_id = 3

Line : 795
File : admin_users.php
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

1darkangel wrote: Error Message

Admin_user_fail

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '= '1', user_allowmoddesc = '1', user_showdescriptions = '', user_showtooltips = ' at line 3

UPDATE phpbb_users user_allowdesc = '1', user_allowmoddesc = '1', user_showdescriptions = '', user_showtooltips = '1', user_tooltips_parse = '1', user_tooltips_static = '0', user_toolimg_width = '1', user_toolimg_height = '1', WHERE user_id = 3

Line : 795
File : admin_users.php

I belive that line should have a SET in it.

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_allowdesc = '1', user_allowmoddesc = '1', user_showdescriptions = '', user_showtooltips = '1', user_tooltips_parse = '1', user_tooltips_static = '0', user_toolimg_width = '1', user_toolimg_height = '1', WHERE user_id = 3
Have you hugged someone today?
1darkangel

Post by 1darkangel »

I believe what it is refering to is the actual SQL table and not a line of code. The line of coding it mentions is the error line to let you know something has messed up. Otherwise I don't have anywhere in admin_users.php to add the SET to that I can find. So there has to be a problem in there somewhere else. The mod otherwise works great. It did stop pulling up a discriptions in a few forums recently but other than that it works like a charm. This is the only problem I have and it only just started to give an error message when I tried to change user info. Before it would just act like it had when infact nothing changed.
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Hmmmm... don't know off the top of me head, but there shall be checking :)
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

MOD Updated to version 1.15.2
See first post for Download Link

As a sidenote to everyone, I have made sure there is no bug with updating profiles in this version... couldn't say in which it actually got fixed though... too many fixes all around.
adol007

Post by adol007 »

No file associated with this id. File not downloaded.
massage is out..
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Heh, sorry about that... fixed now :P
Makc666
Name: Maxim

Post by Makc666 »

Swizec wrote: MOD Updated to version 1.15.2
See first post for Download Link

As a sidenote to everyone, I have made sure there is no bug with updating profiles in this version... couldn't say in which it actually got fixed though... too many fixes all around.

Hm... I have updated to 1.15.2 several weeks ago.
Is there any difference between topic_desc_1.15.2b.zip and topic_desc_1.15.2.zip?

Thanks for reply :)
Last edited by Makc666 on Thu May 25, 2006 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

No, no actual difference, that's why only the letter was added. It was basically just a repack from the approved Topic Desc 1.15.2.

(the thing where you say that you allow minor changes be done to your mods upon submission)
1darkangel

Post by 1darkangel »

Thank you for the new update. I do have my admin users problem fixed. I was missing part of the code I needed to make it run. I have only used EZmod to install and somehow it replaced code with some of yours instead of adding. At least thats what I think it did. I figured it out finally after looking at your code for a new install on this new update.
I do have another question and hopefully I won't need to bug you again for a long while. I noticed while jumping through the updates that on most of them they showed the BBcode portions displayed correct in the preview however after getting through the full upgrades it has the bbcode tags all written out in the previews and the text unaffected by the code. I have no code blocked and it should be displaying the text quoted, bolded or whatever correctly right? Any idea's on where I may have went wrong?
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Check the settings for parsing of tooltips in the ACP. Can't say for sure but I think it was switched off by default in favor of speed and ajax parsing in the new update.

Not sure what the default setting is, sorry :)
Wyvers

Post by Wyvers »

Hi, i currently have 1.14.5 installed on my boards but when I downloaded the new updates, i can see topic_desc_1.14.5_to_1.14.7 and then topic_desc_1.14.9_to_1.15.1. I don't see a 1.14.7 to 1.14.9 included in the contrib folder. Am I missing something or is it just fine with this jump?
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Hmmm... try, it should probably be fine with the jump.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”