[2.0.20] Topic Description

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
14%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 49

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

The topic descriptions in this mod are by far, one of the best additions I've ever made to my boards, but, sadly, the tooltips have to be one of the worst.

I'm sorry, I know you've worked very hard on them, but I think the tooltips should have been separated out into a separate mod--just my opinion, mind you!

A question:

Has anyone sussed out a way to REMOVE the tooltips from an installation of this mod, or am I out of luck? LOL

Honestly, the "parse tooltips" link in not only obtrusive, but doesn't even work...or does it only work in IE?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
ptheyser

Post by ptheyser »

Not sure if it's intentional, but when I checked the box for mods only description, I wasn't able to see the topic description in the viewforum page as a guest (which is what's supposed to happen), but I was able to see it in the viewtopic page. Same deal when I'm logged in as a registered user (not Mod or Admin status). So, is this normal? Also, when I'm logged in as an admin, I can see the "Description for mods" text preceding the topic description in the viewforum page, but simply the topic description in the viewtopic page. Again, is this normal?

How does the "Users who are not allowed to use descriptions can see them" option work? It seems that when this option is set to "No", I wasnt able to see the description even if I'm logged in as an admin who is also the moderator of the forum. Note that in the Forum permissions CP, Description and Mod Description are set to ALL, which should means that ALL users should be able to post, does that mean that there's something wrong with the above option?

Another thing, how can all of the first three cases in the "Permission" part of the Description CP be possible? I mean, how can "Only Mods add description", then "Guest can add descriptions", then "Guest can add mod only description" be true? The logic doesnt really make sense.

Lastly, do the permissions in the "Permission" part of the Description CP take precedence over the permissions in the forum permissions CP? It seems so, but I just wanted to make sure that that was intentional.
Nick Burns

Post by Nick Burns »

I've never done an upgrade with mods installed.

What's the proper way to upgrade? I know the instructions say to use the Patch file, but I'm not too comfortable going that route.

I'm running phpBB 2.0.19 with MYSQL on a Win2000SP4 boxen.

In my MOD Center I have the following:

Code: Select all

topic description      1.14.0
topic description      1.13.0
EasyMOD 	             0.3.0 (beta)
I know in the past (pre-MODs) that the easiest way for me to upgrade is to use the change files:
phpBB-2.0.19_to_2.0.21.zip.

How should I go about doing the upgrade?!?

Thanks for any help!
Lord Le Brand

Post by Lord Le Brand »

xiaoxue

Post by xiaoxue »

hi ppl!! xD

good day to you.

I like this addon alot and yet I have a small problem here but i hope someone can help me.

Anyone try this addon on Nosebleed Style? Once i have change to nosebleed style i got this 2 problem showing in the posting. please refer to the image below.
pls click the image to view in large size

you might think that maybe due to the code i enter wrong in the posting.php but when im on default style subsliver everything was ok. pls refer to the image below

pls click the image to view in large size

so i hope those who are kind enough can help me

Thanks alot have a nice day

and im sorry i forgot to attach my posting.php file. xD
posting.php

thanks problem slove
mistnlove

Post by mistnlove »

I just installed this mod at my test forum
http://www.forgotten-kingdoms.com/tokyo/
I installed it with easymod, and it said everything was successful, however when I view my forums there is a postparse tooltip link under eash thread topic and when I click it nothing happens except a little message in my browser "error on page"
Any clues? I'd love to be able to get this to work.
robster16

Post by robster16 »

is there a way to get rid of the line that says "Postparse tooltip" below each topic, or is that something only admins can see? Cause if all members can see it, then I'd like to get rid of it. What does that mean/do anyway?
LA-Fairy

Post by LA-Fairy »

okay...
I installed the topic desciption and all worked fine
then i let my friend install the simple subboards mod..and she saiys thatmod works fine and the error is now in the topic description

and she came up with this

Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text, post_description) VALUES (, 'testing', '735d8dc5e7', 'testng', '')

Line : 240
File : functions_post.php""

Line:240 is the message_die line 
"message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error in posting', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);" 

This is what the instructions told me to do with this file

""#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------
#
includes/function_post.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------- 
#
function submit_post($mode, &$post_data, &$message, &$meta, &$forum_id, &$topic_id, &$post_id, &$poll_id, &$topic_type, &$bbcode_on, &$html_on, &$smilies_on, &$attach_sig, &$bbcode_uid, &$post_username, &$post_subject, &$post_message, &$poll_title, &$poll_options, &$poll_length) 

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]-------------------------------
#
function submit_post($mode, &$post_data, &$message, &$meta, &$forum_id, &$topic_id, &$post_id, &$poll_id, &$topic_type, &$bbcode_on, &$html_on, &$smilies_on, &$attach_sig, &$bbcode_uid, &$post_username, &$post_subject, &$post_message, &$poll_title, &$poll_options, &$poll_length, &$t_desc) 

#
#
        $sql  = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_vote)" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . " WHERE topic_id = $topic_id"; 

#
#
        $sql  = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote, topic_description) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_vote, '$t_desc')" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . ", topic_description = '$t_desc' WHERE topic_id = $topic_id"; 

#
#
    $sql = ($mode != 'editpost') ? "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text) VALUES ($post_id, '$post_subject', '$bbcode_uid', '$post_message')" : "UPDATE " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " SET post_text = '$post_message',  bbcode_uid = '$bbcode_uid', post_subject = '$post_subject' WHERE post_id = $post_id"; 

#
#
    $sql = ($mode != 'editpost') ? "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text, post_description) VALUES ($post_id, '$post_subject', '$bbcode_uid', '$post_message', '$t_desc')" : "UPDATE " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " SET post_text = '$post_message',  bbcode_uid = '$bbcode_uid', post_subject = '$post_subject', post_description = '$t_desc' WHERE post_id = $post_id"; 

so what do we need to do..
explain simple minded please!
LA-Fairy

Post by LA-Fairy »

forgot to mention that she staated,she did what the error said and still ended up with that error...
and she told me it has to be functions_post.php but we are not sure..

Help..
LA-Fairy

Post by LA-Fairy »

maybe this will help

i just wanted to check for myself and after the post i got immediantly
Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text, post_description) VALUES (, 'test twoooo', 'b5c7cd4dee', 'what needs to be changed...*thinks*', '')

Line : 240
File : functions_post.php

line 240 is

message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error in posting', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
so i checked the file..and this is it

<?php
/***************************************************************************
 *                            functions_post.php
 *                            -------------------
 *   begin                : Saturday, Feb 13, 2001
 *   copyright            : (C) 2001 The phpBB Group
 *   email                : support@phpbb.com
 *   $Id: functions_post.php,v 1.9.2.52 2006/05/06 13:38:55 grahamje Exp $
 ***************************************************************************/

/***************************************************************************
 *   This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 *   it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 *   the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 *   (at your option) any later version.
 ***************************************************************************/

if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	die('Hacking attempt');
}

$html_entities_match = array('#&(?!(\#[0-9]+;))#', '#<#', '#>#', '#"#');
$html_entities_replace = array('&', '<', '>', '"');

$unhtml_specialchars_match = array('#>#', '#<#', '#"#', '#&#');
$unhtml_specialchars_replace = array('>', '<', '"', '&');

//
// This function will prepare a posted message for
// entry into the database.
//
function prepare_message($message, $html_on, $bbcode_on, $smile_on, $bbcode_uid = 0)
{
	global $board_config, $html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace;

//
	// Clean up the message
	//
	$message = trim($message);

if ($html_on)
	{
		// If HTML is on, we try to make it safe
		// This approach is quite agressive and anything that does not look like a valid tag
		// is going to get converted to HTML entities
		$message = stripslashes($message);
		$html_match = '#<[^\w<]*(\w+)((?:"[^"]*"|\'[^\']*\'|[^<>\'"])+)?>#';
		$matches = array();

$message_split = preg_split($html_match, $message);
		preg_match_all($html_match, $message, $matches);

$message = '';

foreach ($message_split as $part)
		{
			$tag = array(array_shift($matches[0]), array_shift($matches[1]), array_shift($matches[2]));
			$message .= preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, $part) . clean_html($tag);
		}

$message = addslashes($message);
		$message = str_replace('"', '\"', $message);
	}
	else
	{
		$message = preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, $message);
	}

if($bbcode_on && $bbcode_uid != '')
	{
		$message = bbencode_first_pass($message, $bbcode_uid);
	}

return $message;
}

function unprepare_message($message)
{
	global $unhtml_specialchars_match, $unhtml_specialchars_replace;

return preg_replace($unhtml_specialchars_match, $unhtml_specialchars_replace, $message);
}

//
// Prepare a message for posting
// 
function prepare_post(&$mode, &$post_data, &$bbcode_on, &$html_on, &$smilies_on, &$error_msg, &$username, &$bbcode_uid, &$subject, &$message, &$poll_title, &$poll_options, &$poll_length)
{
	global $board_config, $userdata, $lang, $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path;

// Check username
	if (!empty($username))
	{
		$username = phpbb_clean_username($username);

if (!$userdata['session_logged_in'] || ($userdata['session_logged_in'] && $username != $userdata['username']))
		{
			include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_validate.'.$phpEx);

$result = validate_username($username);
			if ($result['error'])
			{
				$error_msg .= (!empty($error_msg)) ? '<br />' . $result['error_msg'] : $result['error_msg'];
			}
		}
		else
		{
			$username = '';
		}
	}

// Check subject
	if (!empty($subject))
	{
		$subject = htmlspecialchars(trim($subject));
	}
	else if ($mode == 'newtopic' || ($mode == 'editpost' && $post_data['first_post']))
	{
		$error_msg .= (!empty($error_msg)) ? '<br />' . $lang['Empty_subject'] : $lang['Empty_subject'];
	}

// Check message
	if (!empty($message))
	{
		$bbcode_uid = ($bbcode_on) ? make_bbcode_uid() : '';
		$message = prepare_message(trim($message), $html_on, $bbcode_on, $smilies_on, $bbcode_uid);
	}
	else if ($mode != 'delete' && $mode != 'poll_delete') 
	{
		$error_msg .= (!empty($error_msg)) ? '<br />' . $lang['Empty_message'] : $lang['Empty_message'];
	}

//
	// Handle poll stuff
	//
	if ($mode == 'newtopic' || ($mode == 'editpost' && $post_data['first_post']))
	{
		$poll_length = (isset($poll_length)) ? max(0, intval($poll_length)) : 0;

if (!empty($poll_title))
		{
			$poll_title = htmlspecialchars(trim($poll_title));
		}

if(!empty($poll_options))
		{
			$temp_option_text = array();
			while(list($option_id, $option_text) = @each($poll_options))
			{
				$option_text = trim($option_text);
				if (!empty($option_text))
				{
					$temp_option_text[intval($option_id)] = htmlspecialchars($option_text);
				}
			}
			$option_text = $temp_option_text;

if (count($poll_options) < 2)
			{
				$error_msg .= (!empty($error_msg)) ? '<br />' . $lang['To_few_poll_options'] : $lang['To_few_poll_options'];
			}
			else if (count($poll_options) > $board_config['max_poll_options']) 
			{
				$error_msg .= (!empty($error_msg)) ? '<br />' . $lang['To_many_poll_options'] : $lang['To_many_poll_options'];
			}
			else if ($poll_title == '')
			{
				$error_msg .= (!empty($error_msg)) ? '<br />' . $lang['Empty_poll_title'] : $lang['Empty_poll_title'];
			}
		}
	}

return;
}

//
// Post a new topic/reply/poll or edit existing post/poll
//
function submit_post($mode, &$post_data, &$message, &$meta, &$forum_id, &$topic_id, &$post_id, &$poll_id, &$topic_type, &$bbcode_on, &$html_on, &$smilies_on, &$attach_sig, &$bbcode_uid, &$post_username, &$post_subject, &$post_message, &$poll_title, &$poll_options, &$poll_length, &$t_desc)
{
	global $board_config, $lang, $db, $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx;
	global $userdata, $user_ip;

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_search.'.$phpEx);

$current_time = time();

if ($mode == 'newtopic' || $mode == 'reply' || $mode == 'editpost') 
	{
		//
		// Flood control
		//
		$where_sql = ($userdata['user_id'] == ANONYMOUS) ? "poster_ip = '$user_ip'" : 'poster_id = ' . $userdata['user_id'];
		$sql = "SELECT MAX(post_time) AS last_post_time
			FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . "
			WHERE $where_sql";
		if ($result = $db->sql_query($sql))
		{
			if ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
			{
				if (intval($row['last_post_time']) > 0 && ($current_time - intval($row['last_post_time'])) < intval($board_config['flood_interval']))
				{
					message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Flood_Error']);
				}
			}
		}
	}

if ($mode == 'editpost')
	{
		remove_search_post($post_id);
	}

if ($mode == 'newtopic' || ($mode == 'editpost' && $post_data['first_post']))
	{
		$topic_vote = (!empty($poll_title) && count($poll_options) >= 2) ? 1 : 0;

$sql  = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote, topic_description) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_vote, '$t_desc')" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . ", topic_description = '$t_desc' WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
		if (!$db->sql_query($sql))
		{
		}

if ($mode == 'newtopic')
		{
			$topic_id = $db->sql_nextid();
		}
	}

$edited_sql = ($mode == 'editpost' && !$post_data['last_post'] && $post_data['poster_post']) ? ", post_edit_time = $current_time, post_edit_count = post_edit_count + 1 " : "";
	$sql = ($mode != 'editpost') ? "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text, post_description) VALUES ($post_id, '$post_subject', '$bbcode_uid', '$post_message', '$t_desc')" : "UPDATE " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " SET post_text = '$post_message',  bbcode_uid = '$bbcode_uid', post_subject = '$post_subject', post_description = '$t_desc' WHERE post_id = $post_id";
	if (!$db->sql_query($sql, BEGIN_TRANSACTION))
	{
	}

if ($mode != 'editpost')
	{
		$post_id = $db->sql_nextid();
	}

$sql = ($mode != 'editpost') ? "INSERT INTO " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " (post_id, post_subject, bbcode_uid, post_text) VALUES ($post_id, '$post_subject', '$bbcode_uid', '$post_message')" : "UPDATE " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " SET post_text = '$post_message',  bbcode_uid = '$bbcode_uid', post_subject = '$post_subject' WHERE post_id = $post_id";
	{
	}

add_search_words('single', $post_id, stripslashes($post_message), stripslashes($post_subject));

//
	// Add poll
	// 
	if (($mode == 'newtopic' || ($mode == 'editpost' && $post_data['edit_poll'])) && !empty($poll_title) && count($poll_options) >= 2)
	{
		$sql = (!$post_data['has_poll']) ? "INSERT INTO " . VOTE_DESC_TABLE . " (topic_id, vote_text, vote_start, vote_length) VALUES ($topic_id, '$poll_title', $current_time, " . ($poll_length * 86400) . ")" : "UPDATE " . VOTE_DESC_TABLE . " SET vote_text = '$poll_title', vote_length = " . ($poll_length * 86400) . " WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
		{
		}

$delete_option_sql = '';
		$old_poll_result = array();
		if ($mode == 'editpost' && $post_data['has_poll'])
		{
			$sql = "SELECT vote_option_id, vote_result  
				FROM " . VOTE_RESULTS_TABLE . " 
				WHERE vote_id = $poll_id 
				ORDER BY vote_option_id ASC";
			if (!($result = $db->sql_query($sql)))
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain vote data results for this topic', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}

while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result))
			{
				$old_poll_result[$row['vote_option_id']] = $row['vote_result'];

if (!isset($poll_options[$row['vote_option_id']]))
				{
					$delete_option_sql .= ($delete_option_sql != '') ? ', ' . $row['vote_option_id'] : $row['vote_option_id'];
				}
			}
		}
		else
		{
			$poll_id = $db->sql_nextid();
		}

@reset($poll_options);

$poll_option_id = 1;
		while (list($option_id, $option_text) = each($poll_options))
		{
			if (!empty($option_text))
			{
				$option_text = str_replace("\'", "''", htmlspecialchars($option_text));
				$poll_result = ($mode == "editpost" && isset($old_poll_result[$option_id])) ? $old_poll_result[$option_id] : 0;

$sql = ($mode != "editpost" || !isset($old_poll_result[$option_id])) ? "INSERT INTO " . VOTE_RESULTS_TABLE . " (vote_id, vote_option_id, vote_option_text, vote_result) VALUES ($poll_id, $poll_option_id, '$option_text', $poll_result)" : "UPDATE " . VOTE_RESULTS_TABLE . " SET vote_option_text = '$option_text', vote_result = $poll_result WHERE vote_option_id = $option_id AND vote_id = $poll_id";
				{
				}
				$poll_option_id++;
			}
		}

if ($delete_option_sql != '')
		{
			$sql = "DELETE FROM " . VOTE_RESULTS_TABLE . " 
				WHERE vote_option_id IN ($delete_option_sql) 
					AND vote_id = $poll_id";
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error deleting pruned poll options', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}
		}
	}

$meta = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=' . append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . "=" . $post_id) . '#' . $post_id . '">';
	$message = $lang['Stored'] . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_view_message'], '<a href="' . append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_POST_URL . "=" . $post_id) . '#' . $post_id . '">', '</a>') . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_forum'], '<a href="' . append_sid("viewforum.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=$forum_id") . '">', '</a>');

return false;
}

//
// Update post stats and details
//
function update_post_stats(&$mode, &$post_data, &$forum_id, &$topic_id, &$post_id, &$user_id)
{
	global $db;

$sign = ($mode == 'delete') ? '- 1' : '+ 1';
	$forum_update_sql = "forum_posts = forum_posts $sign";
	$topic_update_sql = '';

if ($mode == 'delete')
	{
		if ($post_data['last_post'])
		{
			if ($post_data['first_post'])
			{
				$forum_update_sql .= ', forum_topics = forum_topics - 1';
			}
			else
			{

$topic_update_sql .= 'topic_replies = topic_replies - 1';

$sql = "SELECT MAX(post_id) AS last_post_id
					FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " 
					WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
				{
					message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error in deleting post', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
				}

{
					$topic_update_sql .= ', topic_last_post_id = ' . $row['last_post_id'];
				}
			}

if ($post_data['last_topic'])
			{
				$sql = "SELECT MAX(post_id) AS last_post_id
					FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " 
					WHERE forum_id = $forum_id"; 
				{
					message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error in deleting post', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
				}

{
					$forum_update_sql .= ($row['last_post_id']) ? ', forum_last_post_id = ' . $row['last_post_id'] : ', forum_last_post_id = 0';
				}
			}
		}
		else if ($post_data['first_post']) 
		{
			$sql = "SELECT MIN(post_id) AS first_post_id
				FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " 
			{
			}

{
				$topic_update_sql .= 'topic_replies = topic_replies - 1, topic_first_post_id = ' . $row['first_post_id'];
			}
		}
		else
		{
			$topic_update_sql .= 'topic_replies = topic_replies - 1';
		}
	}
	else if ($mode != 'poll_delete')
	{
		$forum_update_sql .= ", forum_last_post_id = $post_id" . (($mode == 'newtopic') ? ", forum_topics = forum_topics $sign" : ""); 
		$topic_update_sql = "topic_last_post_id = $post_id" . (($mode == 'reply') ? ", topic_replies = topic_replies $sign" : ", topic_first_post_id = $post_id");
	}
	else 
	{
		$topic_update_sql .= 'topic_vote = 0';
	}

if ($mode != 'poll_delete')
	{
		$sql = "UPDATE " . FORUMS_TABLE . " SET 
			$forum_update_sql 
			WHERE forum_id = $forum_id";
		{
		}
	}

if ($topic_update_sql != '')
	{
		$sql = "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET 
			$topic_update_sql 
		{
		}
	}

{
		$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . "
			SET user_posts = user_posts $sign 
			WHERE user_id = $user_id";
		if (!$db->sql_query($sql, END_TRANSACTION))
		{
		}
	}

return;
}

//
// Delete a post/poll
//
function delete_post($mode, &$post_data, &$message, &$meta, &$forum_id, &$topic_id, &$post_id, &$poll_id)
{

{
		include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_search.'.$phpEx);

$sql = "DELETE FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " 
			WHERE post_id = $post_id";
		{
		}

$sql = "DELETE FROM " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " 
			WHERE post_id = $post_id";
		{
		}

if ($post_data['last_post'])
		{
			if ($post_data['first_post'])
			{
				$forum_update_sql .= ', forum_topics = forum_topics - 1';
				$sql = "DELETE FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " 
					WHERE topic_id = $topic_id 
						OR topic_moved_id = $topic_id";
				{
				}

$sql = "DELETE FROM " . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . "
				{
				}
			}
		}

remove_search_post($post_id);
	}

if ($mode == 'poll_delete' || ($mode == 'delete' && $post_data['first_post'] && $post_data['last_post']) && $post_data['has_poll'] && $post_data['edit_poll'])
	{
		$sql = "DELETE FROM " . VOTE_DESC_TABLE . " 
		{
			message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error in deleting poll', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
		}

$sql = "DELETE FROM " . VOTE_RESULTS_TABLE . " 
			WHERE vote_id = $poll_id";
		{
			message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Error in deleting poll', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
		}

$sql = "DELETE FROM " . VOTE_USERS_TABLE . " 
			WHERE vote_id = $poll_id";
		{
		}
	}

if ($mode == 'delete' && $post_data['first_post'] && $post_data['last_post'])
	{
		$meta = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=' . append_sid("viewforum.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . '=' . $forum_id) . '">';
		$message = $lang['Deleted'];
	}
	else
	{
		$meta = '<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="3;url=' . append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . '=' . $topic_id) . '">';
		$message = (($mode == 'poll_delete') ? $lang['Poll_delete'] : $lang['Deleted']) . '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_topic'], '<a href="' . append_sid("viewtopic.$phpEx?" . POST_TOPIC_URL . "=$topic_id") . '">', '</a>');
	}

$message .=  '<br /><br />' . sprintf($lang['Click_return_forum'], '<a href="' . append_sid("viewforum.$phpEx?" . POST_FORUM_URL . "=$forum_id") . '">', '</a>');

return;
}

//
// Handle user notification on new post
//
function user_notification($mode, &$post_data, &$topic_title, &$forum_id, &$topic_id, &$post_id, &$notify_user)
{

$current_time = time();

if ($mode != 'delete')
	{
		if ($mode == 'reply')
		{
			$sql = "SELECT ban_userid 
				FROM " . BANLIST_TABLE;
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain banlist', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}

$user_id_sql = '';
			{
				if (isset($row['ban_userid']) && !empty($row['ban_userid']))
				{
					$user_id_sql .= ', ' . $row['ban_userid'];
				}
			}

$sql = "SELECT u.user_id, u.user_email, u.user_lang 
				FROM " . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . " tw, " . USERS_TABLE . " u 
				WHERE tw.topic_id = $topic_id 
					AND tw.user_id NOT IN (" . $userdata['user_id'] . ", " . ANONYMOUS . $user_id_sql . ") 
					AND tw.notify_status = " . TOPIC_WATCH_UN_NOTIFIED . " 
					AND u.user_id = tw.user_id";
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain list of topic watchers', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}

$update_watched_sql = '';
			$bcc_list_ary = array();

{
				// Sixty second limit
				@set_time_limit(60);

do
				{
					if ($row['user_email'] != '')
					{
						$bcc_list_ary[$row['user_lang']][] = $row['user_email'];
					}
					$update_watched_sql .= ($update_watched_sql != '') ? ', ' . $row['user_id'] : $row['user_id'];
				}
				while ($row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result));

//
				// Let's do some checking to make sure that mass mail functions
				// are working in win32 versions of php.
				//
				if (preg_match('/[c-z]:\\\.*/i', getenv('PATH')) && !$board_config['smtp_delivery'])
				{
					$ini_val = (@phpversion() >= '4.0.0') ? 'ini_get' : 'get_cfg_var';

// We are running on windows, force delivery to use our smtp functions
					// since php's are broken by default
					$board_config['smtp_delivery'] = 1;
					$board_config['smtp_host'] = @$ini_val('SMTP');
				}

if (sizeof($bcc_list_ary))
				{
					include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/emailer.'.$phpEx);
					$emailer = new emailer($board_config['smtp_delivery']);

$script_name = preg_replace('/^\/?(.*?)\/?$/', '\1', trim($board_config['script_path']));
					$script_name = ($script_name != '') ? $script_name . '/viewtopic.'.$phpEx : 'viewtopic.'.$phpEx;
					$server_name = trim($board_config['server_name']);
					$server_protocol = ($board_config['cookie_secure']) ? 'https://' : 'http://';
					$server_port = ($board_config['server_port'] <> 80) ? ':' . trim($board_config['server_port']) . '/' : '/';

$orig_word = array();
					$replacement_word = array();
					obtain_word_list($orig_word, $replacement_word);

$emailer->from($board_config['board_email']);
					$emailer->replyto($board_config['board_email']);

$topic_title = (count($orig_word)) ? preg_replace($orig_word, $replacement_word, unprepare_message($topic_title)) : unprepare_message($topic_title);

@reset($bcc_list_ary);
					while (list($user_lang, $bcc_list) = each($bcc_list_ary))
					{
						$emailer->use_template('topic_notify', $user_lang);

for ($i = 0; $i < count($bcc_list); $i++)
						{
							$emailer->bcc($bcc_list[$i]);
						}

// The Topic_reply_notification lang string below will be used
						// if for some reason the mail template subject cannot be read 
						// ... note it will not necessarily be in the posters own language!
						$emailer->set_subject($lang['Topic_reply_notification']); 

// This is a nasty kludge to remove the username var ... till (if?)
						// translators update their templates
						$emailer->msg = preg_replace('#[ ]?{USERNAME}#', '', $emailer->msg);

$emailer->assign_vars(array(
							'EMAIL_SIG' => (!empty($board_config['board_email_sig'])) ? str_replace('<br />', "\n", "-- \n" . $board_config['board_email_sig']) : '',
							'SITENAME' => $board_config['sitename'],
							'TOPIC_TITLE' => $topic_title, 

'U_TOPIC' => $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . '?' . POST_POST_URL . "=$post_id#$post_id",
							'U_STOP_WATCHING_TOPIC' => $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . '?' . POST_TOPIC_URL . "=$topic_id&unwatch=topic")
						);

$emailer->send();
						$emailer->reset();
					}
				}
			}
			$db->sql_freeresult($result);

if ($update_watched_sql != '')
			{
				$sql = "UPDATE " . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . "
					SET notify_status = " . TOPIC_WATCH_NOTIFIED . "
						AND user_id IN ($update_watched_sql)";
				$db->sql_query($sql);
			}
		}

$sql = "SELECT topic_id 
			FROM " . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . "
				AND user_id = " . $userdata['user_id'];
		{
			message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain topic watch information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
		}

$row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);

if (!$notify_user && !empty($row['topic_id']))
		{
			$sql = "DELETE FROM " . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . "
					AND user_id = " . $userdata['user_id'];
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not delete topic watch information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}
		}
		else if ($notify_user && empty($row['topic_id']))
		{
			$sql = "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_WATCH_TABLE . " (user_id, topic_id, notify_status)
				VALUES (" . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $topic_id, 0)";
			{
				message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not insert topic watch information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
			}
		}
	}
}

//
// Fill smiley templates (or just the variables) with smileys
// Either in a window or inline
//
function generate_smilies($mode, $page_id)
{
	global $db, $board_config, $template, $lang, $images, $theme, $phpEx, $phpbb_root_path;
	global $user_ip, $session_length, $starttime;
	global $userdata;

$inline_columns = 4;
	$inline_rows = 5;
	$window_columns = 8;

if ($mode == 'window')
	{
		$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, $page_id);
		init_userprefs($userdata);

$gen_simple_header = TRUE;

$page_title = $lang['Emoticons'];
		include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_header.'.$phpEx);

$template->set_filenames(array(
			'smiliesbody' => 'posting_smilies.tpl')
		);
	}

$sql = "SELECT emoticon, code, smile_url   
		FROM " . SMILIES_TABLE . " 
		ORDER BY smilies_id";
	if ($result = $db->sql_query($sql))
	{
		$num_smilies = 0;
		$rowset = array();
		{
			if (empty($rowset[$row['smile_url']]))
			{
				$rowset[$row['smile_url']]['code'] = str_replace("'", "\\'", str_replace('\\', '\\\\', $row['code']));
				$rowset[$row['smile_url']]['emoticon'] = $row['emoticon'];
				$num_smilies++;
			}
		}

if ($num_smilies)
		{
			$smilies_count = ($mode == 'inline') ? min(19, $num_smilies) : $num_smilies;
			$smilies_split_row = ($mode == 'inline') ? $inline_columns - 1 : $window_columns - 1;

$s_colspan = 0;
			$row = 0;
			$col = 0;

while (list($smile_url, $data) = @each($rowset))
			{
				if (!$col)
				{
					$template->assign_block_vars('smilies_row', array());
				}

$template->assign_block_vars('smilies_row.smilies_col', array(
					'SMILEY_CODE' => $data['code'],
					'SMILEY_IMG' => $board_config['smilies_path'] . '/' . $smile_url,
					'SMILEY_DESC' => $data['emoticon'])
				);

$s_colspan = max($s_colspan, $col + 1);

if ($col == $smilies_split_row)
				{
					if ($mode == 'inline' && $row == $inline_rows - 1)
					{
						break;
					}
					$col = 0;
					$row++;
				}
				else
				{
					$col++;
				}
			}

if ($mode == 'inline' && $num_smilies > $inline_rows * $inline_columns)
			{
				$template->assign_block_vars('switch_smilies_extra', array());

$template->assign_vars(array(
					'L_MORE_SMILIES' => $lang['More_emoticons'], 
					'U_MORE_SMILIES' => append_sid("posting.$phpEx?mode=smilies"))
				);
			}

$template->assign_vars(array(
				'L_EMOTICONS' => $lang['Emoticons'], 
				'L_CLOSE_WINDOW' => $lang['Close_window'], 
				'S_SMILIES_COLSPAN' => $s_colspan)
			);
		}
	}

if ($mode == 'window')
	{
		$template->pparse('smiliesbody');

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_tail.'.$phpEx);
	}
}

/**
* Called from within prepare_message to clean included HTML tags if HTML is
* turned on for that post
* @param array $tag Matching text from the message to parse
*/
function clean_html($tag)
{
	global $board_config;

if (empty($tag[0]))
	{
		return '';
	}

$allowed_html_tags = preg_split('/, */', strtolower($board_config['allow_html_tags']));
	$disallowed_attributes = '/^(?:style|on)/i';

// Check if this is an end tag
	preg_match('/<[^\w\/]*\/[\W]*(\w+)/', $tag[0], $matches);
	if (sizeof($matches))
	{
		if (in_array(strtolower($matches[1]), $allowed_html_tags))
		{
			return  '</' . $matches[1] . '>';
		}
		else
		{
			return  htmlspecialchars('</' . $matches[1] . '>');
		}
	}

// Check if this is an allowed tag
	if (in_array(strtolower($tag[1]), $allowed_html_tags))
	{
		$attributes = '';
		if (!empty($tag[2]))
		{
			preg_match_all('/[\W]*?(\w+)[\W]*?=[\W]*?(["\'])((?:(?!\2).)*)\2/', $tag[2], $test);
			for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($test[0]); $i++)
			{
				if (preg_match($disallowed_attributes, $test[1][$i]))
				{
					continue;
				}
				$attributes .= ' ' . $test[1][$i] . '=' . $test[2][$i] . str_replace(array('[', ']'), array('[', ']'), htmlspecialchars($test[3][$i])) . $test[2][$i];
			}
		}
		if (in_array(strtolower($tag[1]), $allowed_html_tags))
		{
			return '<' . $tag[1] . $attributes . '>';
		}
		else
		{
			return htmlspecialchars('<' . $tag[1] . $attributes . '>');
		}
	}
	// Finally, this is not an allowed tag so strip all the attibutes and escape it
	else
	{
		return htmlspecialchars('<' .   $tag[1] . '>');
	}
}
?>

HELP..please
LA-Fairy

Post by LA-Fairy »

could i get some help or not?

I just tried deleting all the errors in postin in functions_post.php
then the page went to error..
then i deleted only line 240 and left the {} and then,the post posted but you could not view it as it said the topic does not exist.
so i uploaded again the old file..
and now the mod who shows the the last post and poster is not there..

I reeeeallly need some freakin help!
RamonaRock

Is anyone monitoring this thread anymore?

Post by RamonaRock »

I REALLY LIKE THIS MOD, but I would totally LOVE a way to make the topic description created by the mod longer. It seems to have an upward limit of 255.

Is there a relatively easy way to make it longer? Please?

:D
Ramona
Roks

Post by Roks »

Nice to see another similiar feature from Lo-Fi added to phpBB. Is this 1.15.2b the latest version :?:
GulRanek

Post by GulRanek »

EasyMOD is giving me the following error:

Critical Error

IN-LINE FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/search_results_topics.tpl] could not find:

class="topictitle"

MOD script line #1782 :: FAQ :: Report
However, the exact same line that needs to be found IS there!

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 

templates/subSilver/search_results_topics.tpl

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 

<td class="row2"><span class="topictitle">{searchresults.NEWEST_POST_IMG}{searchresults.TOPIC_TYPE}<a href="{searchresults.U_VIEW_TOPIC}" class="topictitle">{searchresults.TOPIC_TITLE}</a></span><br /><span class="gensmall">{searchresults.GOTO_PAGE}</span></td>

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 

class="topictitle"
How do I make EasyMOD install it?
FreshDef

After Installing 'topic_description_1.15.2a' it broke

Post by FreshDef »

Everything was working fine then I installed the 'Topic_description..." MOD with EasyMod and now preexisting posts are this error!
Pre existing topic/post gives this error:

Failed obtaining description data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'f.auth_desc' in 'field list'

SELECT f.auth_desc, f.auth_moddesc FROM phpBB2022_dreamforums f WHERE f.forum_id=2 LIMIT 0,1

Line : 61
File : functions_desc.php

-----
and when I try to make a new topic I get this error:

Failed obtaining description data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'f.auth_desc' in 'field list'

SELECT f.auth_desc, f.auth_moddesc FROM phpBB2022_dreamforums f WHERE f.forum_id=3 LIMIT 0,1

Line : 61
File : functions_desc.php

---

How do I fix it?
please help me :cry:
I think I am therefore I might be...
I'm so smart I know I know nothing at all...
I've gone out to look for myself, if I should return before I get back, hold me until I get here...
PLUR Peace, Love, Unity and Respect...
Keep it Fresh Def...

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”