[2.0.20] Topic Description

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
69%
Very Good
14%
Good
6%
Fair
No votes
Poor
10%

Total votes: 49

kiper

Re: [2.0.20] Topic Description

Post by kiper » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:52 am

Hi this is a great MOD. Kudos to the author.

Easy to install.. worked like magic.

One thing.. It does not work to some of my forums. [Newbie's Porch, Photo Gallery, Workshop and 2 private forums]

But work great to all others..

http://forum.fordclubph.com
username: test
password: test

What should be the problem or did I do something wrong with the options?

Thanks,

kiper

kiper

Post by kiper » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:43 pm

hi!

I got a problem with topic description MOD.

I keep getting this after posting with super quick reply box..

Code: Select all

"'Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form."

what should I do?

thanks!!

gmsand

Re: phpBB 2.0.22

Post by gmsand » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Swizec wrote:I just hope many of you find use for this, and none find problems with it :D
I installed this mod on my phpBB v2.0.22 board using Nuttzy's automatic EasyMOD Beta v0.3.0 MOD installer and the installation failed. I went back through it and reinstalled (checked) all the steps in the manual install documentation and the mod installer's installation was flawless. I then reran all the sql queries and they, too were all there and correct.

What I have is nothing showing in the text editor to reflect the installation and then I have what you see in the following screenshot:

Other than the above, this installation hasn't adversely affected the function(s) of the board. Can someone please help me further troubleshoot the problem here and get this mod working? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Glenn :geek:

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:48 pm

I broke another mod! :D

When I go to post I get this message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '&' or T_VARIABLE in
(my website root folders)/user/htdocs/forums/includes/functions_post.php on line 550

Also, below every topic name it now says:

Postparse tooltip

Can anyone tell me what I did this time? 8-)

The line in question is:

Code: Select all

function user_notification($mode, &$post_data, &$topic_title, topic_description, topic_descmod, &$forum_id, &$topic_id, &$post_id, &$notify_user)

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:54 pm

hmm, still can't work this out :/

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:04 pm

If anyone knows which files to look in I can post sections of code :/ at the moment I am totally lost

bobber

Cannot EDIT Topic Description

Post by bobber » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:27 pm

Hello all,

Your help would be appreciated. I've perused the 33 pages here and can't seem to find what I"m looking for.

My quesotion is as such....

I have one site which I've installed the Topic Description mod, and all works great.

I have a new site which I've installed the same version 1.14.7 and it all works, with 1 exception......when I "edit" the post, it does NOT show me the Description field so that I can edit it as well.

Can somewhere tell me where I go to look for the root of this problem? I've checked, checked and tripple checked the installation and modifications, and all looks OK. Is this a problem with the "template", the posting.php file, or a function or something?

Thanks,

bobber

Post by bobber » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:30 pm

Hello again,

Further to this note, I have validated that if I remove the <!-- BEGIN switch_description --> from the post_body.tpl file, then the Description area shows up on the edit, but there is no data in it. I'd have to assume that this editing of the description is only applied to the first post, and that there is something somewhere that decides whether or not to use this area within the post_body.tpl file.

Can someone point me to where that is so that I may verify whether or not it is modded correctly.

Thanks.

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:50 pm

I still need help :/

I think it might be related to some of the later 'Add in line' code :? I am a bit hazy as to when to leave spaces ><

I know you need one after a comma, but what about brackets and <> markers?

bobber

Post by bobber » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 am

Is it OK to bump requests for assistance here? I beleive Dragonwolf and I are looking for some mod gurus who can possibly help us.

Anyone with the inside scoop to at least point us in the right direction. :lol:

Cheers,

Dragonwolf

Post by Dragonwolf » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:34 pm

Yah, I had to get rid of this, and I have pretty much given up on it as I have no idea where to start. I'm sure I did it right, unless I got the spaces between the brackets wrong.

ChelseaMI

Post by ChelseaMI » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:11 am

im getting this error when posting a topic

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'desc_match' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 3, word_id, 0, 0, desc_match FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN ('test')

Line : 253
File : functions_search.php

ChelseaMI

Post by ChelseaMI » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:45 am

Okay i fixed what hapened before but now i get this

why is it showing that parsetooltip blah blah

zero061099

Post by zero061099 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:36 am

Yes I get the same thing but alot more of em. Second...what planet is the mod author on? 50 minutes? Are you out of your mind? It took me 2 hours!!! I use one of the best php editors around and it still took for ever! Over 1000 edits which some were hard to even figure out bc of the keywords used to find where the edits go...not even mentioning the template edits for those who DONT use the gay ass default subsilver template. Sorry man I know it mustve taken u forever to write this but it takes us just as long to install. Its not worth the time just to have a Topic Description field added and a tooltip.

THanks for all your efforts but this mod is insane and has WAY too many edits for me.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”