[2.0.17] Email Admin on ACP Login

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
33%
Very Good
8%
Good
17%
Fair
8%
Poor
33%

Total votes: 12

Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

Thanks for the update Scott.

Oh, and...
AbelaJohnB wrote: (...oh, and thanks for the credit in your latest version for the code I provided...)

Jesus, that comment was made after...
AbelaJohnB wrote: This is obviously a case where the MOD author just threw it into EasyMOD and went "yep, it installs okie, we'll let it through".... without ever checking it.... :roll:

but wait...
AbelaJohnB wrote: Where above is anybody not being nice to you? Hmm, let me see.... ah, yeah, nowhere!

You didn't read it wrong Scott and some of us DID pick up what you meant in your comments that "weren't mentioned in any other post".

It's a shame Simple Ignore isn't installed here :wink:
AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB »

What's shameful is that I had to deal with all that crap from him, and people like you, after I helped and debugged the code :roll:
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

I had to deal with all that crap

Er, no you didn't, you chose to :wink:

If there's an issue John, please do send a PM and I'll gladly discuss it with you instead of filling up this release thread (which will probably end up being locked because of this crap) with any further trash.

I assume you wouldn't tolerate it at your site now would you?
AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB »

You're the one who attacked me, I've got no "issue". I don't really care if you do either :P
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

:lol:

ANYWAY...

Installed & no problems. Added it to the MCP MOD with a slight adjustment, works fine there too.

Edits:

Actually...
The time now is May 01 2005

No time specified in the email, just the date.
Teletran One

Post by Teletran One »

Soooo...

It's safe for me to download and install this bad boy now? 8O :?
Rob Roye

Post by Rob Roye »

Wow, I thought I was an egomaniacal jerk. I guess I'm now in second place. Nice job fixing the code (even though you shouldn't have had to :roll: ) but did you have to be so pompous about it? Sheesh - does someone not quite get the meaning of GPL? (P.S. - flames safely ignored)

Kudos to the author for making something that benifits entire communities. I love the mod and it works perfectly as much as I can test it. Being the recent victim of an attack that I'm still trying to fully recover from, I appreciate your hard work and diligence. I also appreciate the work of others that have helped to make it better. I just think they should do it without being such a patoot.

Teletran - I vote it safe as it worked just fine for me.
The Defpom

Post by The Defpom »

Come on guys, just drop it have have done with it, sure it was released with bugs, which I wish hadn't happened, and you helped out by finding them before I did, but there is certainly no need for this stuff..

DO NOT USE THE DOWNLOAD FILE in the first post, as that is the one with the bugs in it, download it and then copy and paste the new code into it to replace the original code, from the code I posted a few posts ago.
The Defpom

Post by The Defpom »

Rob Roye wrote: Teletran - I vote it safe as it worked just fine for me.

Thanks for the info and comments.

I made this after my forum got hacked, if I had this then it would have been a lot less painfull.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

I guees that's better to discuss any question related to the MOD in a polite and good way, i sincerely don't like to read discussions that can be done VIA pm, anyway here I'm asking if this MOD can work into a phpbb2.0.14 + CH RC4.

Don't take any offence and thanks for answers, if related to..

have a nice day.
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB »

Teletran One wrote: Soooo...

It's safe for me to download and install this bad boy now? 8O :?

Nope. Use the code provided in the first page, but not the downloadable code (ie: in the mod db). The code posted by the MOD Author as a follow-up is the code you want to use :mrgreen:
Teletran One

Post by Teletran One »

Otay.
Teletran One

Post by Teletran One »

Wait, where do I get "language/lang_english/email/admin_acp_login.tpl " from? :?
Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

Kalipo wrote:
The time now is May 01 2005

No time specified in the email, just the date.

1 Perfect install. Am I the only one with this bug?

Teletran One,

You get that file from the download (which would of course require downloading it)...

- Download the file
- Upload the file included in the download
- Use the instructions listed in this post, NOT the instructions contained in the package.
Last edited by Kalipo on Mon May 02, 2005 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Defpom

Post by The Defpom »

It is the subdirectory structure that comes with the downloadable MOD, it also matches the phpBB file struture of where the file needs to be placed.

It is a templete file for the email it sends out.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”