[2.0.17] Email Admin on ACP Login

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
33%
Very Good
8%
Good
17%
Fair
8%
Poor
33%

Total votes: 12

The Defpom

Post by The Defpom »

chesster wrote: Is there anyway to see this mod works? or do i have to wait until a hacker whose userid is not 2 to comes in?

I commented out "if(userid != 2)" so that all accesses to ACP result in an email notification, but so far I haven't received any email whenever I access ACP. (I'm using 2.0.13). Any reason?

You just change the user ID to a different number, so change it to if(userid != 1) and then access it, you will get emailed (ONLY change the first user ID, the second one is the email address to send the message to).
remember to change it back again when your have finished.
IRCNetworkz.com

Post by IRCNetworkz.com »

nmo one answered my question i wanrt to know i can make it so it doenst detect 2 admins and also emails 2 admins???
------------------------------
IRCNetworkz
www.ircnetworkz.com
--------------------------------
-Protos-

Post by -Protos- »

I installed this mod using Easy Mod and it toasted my admin userlist. I am no longer able to access the Manage Function. I am NOT HAPPY.

May I please get some support to remove this mod or fix it. One or the other but I would like my Forum fully funtional again asap.

Here is the error I get.

Couldn't obtain flags information.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'N13th.phpbb_flags' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_flags ORDER BY flag_id

Line : 1249
File : admin_users.php

Gentlemen I am not a coder so if there is a painless way to unistall this mod until it is fixed I wuold appreciate it. I am not very comfortable working with the text. So easy to make a mistake. That is why I went easy mod. I am sure this is a great mod once its working, unfortunately I have neither the time or patience to bugfix. I had my board perfect. I just went through a total reinstall and I though I would add this last mod as a final security precaution. So sorry that I did. :cry:

I am sure the author had nothing but the best of intentions. However if it is known that the downloadable is buggy WHY IS IT STILL UP????
The Defpom

Post by The Defpom »

HI,
Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

It sounds as though the mod has either confilcted with some other mod that you have installed on your forum or the probem is not with this mod but another one, as this MOD only installs a small amount of code which should not effect anything else at all under normal circumstances, I see from the debug code that it mentions a flags table, that is why I think it is a clash of some kind with another mod.

What other MODs do you have installed on your forum ?

Also I just noticed that the debug code is for the admin_users.php file, this MOD does not change anything in that file, so that makes me suspect even more that it is not a problem with this MOD.
-Protos-

Post by -Protos- »

Hello, thank you for the quick response. Much Appreciated. I don't know what to tell you except that my board was "perfect" all mods were fully operational untl I installed this one. All mods still working except for the manage fucntion of Admin Userlist.

Installed mods are:

01 Jun 2005 11:06 pm Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate 1.0.0 jrf 2.0.15 subSilver; Classic english; greek details
01 Jun 2005 11:02 pm Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate in admin 1.0.0 jrf 2.0.15 subSilver; Classic english; greek details
01 Jun 2005 10:33 pm Change Version Info 1.0.3 lightdarkness 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english; greek details
01 Jun 2005 10:13 pm Separate Announcements & Sticky 2.0.0 Aiencran 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english; greek details
01 Jun 2005 09:40 pm Country Flags 2.2.2 Nuttzy99 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english; greek details
01 Jun 2005 09:38 pm Ip only by admin 1.0.1 Acyd Burn 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english; greek details
01 Jun 2005 09:12 pm Signatures control 1.2.2 -=ET=- 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 09:08 pm Save Admin Userlist Sort Order 1.0.0 TerraFrost 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 09:07 pm Resize Avatars Based on Max Width and Height 1.0.2 spooky2280 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 09:06 pm Admin Userlist 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 Upgrade 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 wGEric 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 09:06 pm Admin Userlist 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 Upgrade 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 wGEric 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 09:03 pm printer-friendly topic view option mod 1.0.8 Svyatozar 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 09:01 pm Admin Userlist 2.0.2 wGEric 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 08:55 pm prevent reply notifications to unauthorized users 1.0.5 asinshesq 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 08:50 pm Easy assign user to groups 1.0.6 asinshesq 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 08:49 pm Forum Permissions List 1.0.1 Graham 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details
01 Jun 2005 08:47 pm EasyMOD 0.1.13 Nuttzy 2.0.12 subSilver; Classic english details

Your thoughts??
The Defpom

Post by The Defpom »

-Protos- wrote: Installed mods are:

01 Jun 2005 11:06 pm Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate 1.0.0 jrf 2.0.15 subSilver; Classic english; greek details
01 Jun 2005 11:02 pm Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate in admin 1.0.0 jrf 2.0.15 subSilver; Classic english; greek details

Are you sure that you are referring to the correct mod ?, my MOD is called "Email Admin on ACP Login" which was first released at version 1.0.1, I see that your mod install log shows one called "Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate 1.0.0", which is not my MOD, can you please confrm that my mod is actually the one you are referring to and not this other mod "Send mail to user on admin (de-)activate 1.0.0"
-Protos-

Post by -Protos- »

Hi here is what i got from one of the text files.

MOD Author: jrf < N/A > (Juliette Reinders Folmer) http://www.adviesenzo.nl/

If this is not you. Apologies.
chatasos

Post by chatasos »

Hi,
When will this mod be resubmitted with the correct code?
The Defpom

Post by The Defpom »

I will submit it shortly with the improved/updated code I have been kind of busy with other things and hadn't got around to it.
cotisimo

Post by cotisimo »

Howdy,

This MOD seems a great idea! I'm having a bit of an issue though. I'm getting a parse error when I try and access the Admin CP (as the main admin) after installing the mod. The error I get is:

Parse error: parse error in /Library/Webserver/Documents/phpbb2/admin/index.php on line 66

Line 66 of my index.php is the first uncommented line of the mod: if( $userdata['user_id'] != 2 ) //User ID of Admin, checks if the user ID is NOT admin user id, if true it runs the statement.

I've got the updated code you all have been good enough to work out, and while my coding skills are juvenile at best, it looks fine to me. I was hoping someone might have an idea of what I might be missing here?

All in all it's not a huge deal - this is a light enough to easily uninstall, but I'm putting my forums live soon. And since they're for a High School having this mod let me know when some over-acheiving teenage hacker gets into the admin cp would be an enormous blessing....

Thanks!
igami

Post by igami »

I also get the parse error - it disables admin/index.php ... must be a coding error somewhere?

Not much to mess up here either - copy and paste the text into a specific location and upload ;) so I have ruled out operator error :P
Theangryone

Post by Theangryone »

hi, this MOD sounds really great, as I have been hacked twice but I need the final working version of the MOD, when will it be available.
Tx...
happypappy

Post by happypappy »

igami wrote: I also get the parse error - it disables admin/index.php ... must be a coding error somewhere?

Not much to mess up here either - copy and paste the text into a specific location and upload ;) so I have ruled out operator error :P

im having the same problem......parse error....unnexpected (;) in admin/index.php line 82.....and all i did was copy and past the code .......its not a mistake in my coding is a mistake in the mod's coding.....any way to fix???.......thanx.

btw....line 82 wouldve been around here

Code: Select all

$emailer->from($board_config['board_email']);
					$emailer->replyto($board_config['board_email']);
					$emailer->email_address(trim($row['user_email']));
					$emailer->use_template('admin_acp_login');
					$emailer->set_subject($lang['ACP_Login']);
					$emailer->assign_vars(array(
						'USERNAME' => $userdata['username'],
						'USERID' => $userdata['user_id'],
						'USERIP' => decode_ip($user_ip),
                        'TIME' => sprintf($lang['Current_time'], create_date($board_config['default_dateformat'], time(), $board_config['board_timezone']))
					);
				}
		$db->sql_freeresult($result);
     $emailer->send();
     $emailer->reset();
     }
//
//end send e-mail to admin
//
happypappy

Post by happypappy »

bump
Theangryone

Post by Theangryone »

can anyone please put the final code of this mod?!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”