[2.0.13] phpBB 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 Code Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
71%
Very Good
11%
Good
9%
Fair
2%
Poor
8%

Total votes: 114

Nibrir

Post by Nibrir » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:24 pm

I'm using php 2.0.7 - are the older code changes still available anywhere? I can't find them and I don't think I can take this tutorial here which is for version 2.0.13?

Keva

Post by Keva » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:27 pm

skuipers wrote: We cannot tell it better than Acyd Burn did it yesterday.

that still didnt answer my question .... god im a complete noob lol ......... do i use the upgrade files.zip to update my board or just use this code changes mod?

Bard

Post by Bard » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:29 pm

I messed something up and I am hoping someone can point me where to look to fix it.

I just did this upgrade. When logged in signatures appear fine. When viewing as a guest I see raw html instead of the sig as it should be displayed. (I allow some html in sigs.)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Old Time Radio Talk | Visit OTR Talk Town

alsakrah

Post by alsakrah » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:32 pm

Nibrir wrote: I'm using php 2.0.7 - are the older code changes still available anywhere? I can't find them and I don't think I can take this tutorial here which is for version 2.0.13?

Here is all files

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=48

You need to update your forum very soon

regard's

Bard

Post by Bard » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:41 pm

Bard wrote: I messed something up and I am hoping someone can point me where to look to fix it.

I just did this upgrade. When logged in signatures appear fine. When viewing as a guest I see raw html instead of the sig as it should be displayed. (I allow some html in sigs.)

OK, I traced it to the first code change in viewtopic. Below is my code and I included a couple lines after the change to see if I messed anything up. Could this code be ok but I messed up another change?

Code: Select all

//
	if ( !$board_config['allow_html'] || !$userdata['user_allowhtml'])
	{
		if ( $user_sig != '' )

{
			$user_sig = preg_replace('#(<)([\/]?.*?)(>)#is', "<\\2>", $user_sig);
		}
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Old Time Radio Talk | Visit OTR Talk Town

van_Gogh

Post by van_Gogh » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:03 pm

Reliable wrote: No, this change has nothing to do with security issue. It has to do with the background color of the box where you type your username and your password. If you change the color (from white to something else) from your .css file for the class post, the background on the login will remain white (which shouldn't). The class="post" will fix this.

Thanks! I saw the thing with the wrong color in the past but was not able to fix it. i gave up with it, but now after the changes it works great! Much thanks.

Perhaps this mod should be updated too with this two little changes.

Nibrir

Post by Nibrir » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Thanks a lot, alsakrah - but where do I find the old versions' download packages?

poregorn

Post by poregorn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:32 pm

poregorn wrote: i cant do this part as it is not in my page_header file...any ideas?

#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
includes/page_header.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 38
	$useragent = (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]) ) ? $_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"] : $HTTP_USER_AGENT;

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
# 
	$useragent = (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] : getenv('HTTP_USER_AGENT');

rossmcclymont

Post by rossmcclymont » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:04 pm

I'm also extremely grateful for these code changes tutorials. :D

I think I've got about 30 MODs on my site, so it's kind of a godsend! :P

Ex0dus

Post by Ex0dus » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:05 pm

What mods do you have installed poregorn? Maybe we can figure out what mod (if any) is causing our problems /= I cant seem to find it anywhere either.

-Ex0dus

Ex0dus

Post by Ex0dus » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:11 pm

Okay, well after looking at the page_header from a vanilla 2.0.14, the code should go something like this:

---[ FIND ]---
$phpver = phpversion();

---[ AFTER, ADD ]---

$useragent = (isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_USER_AGENT'])) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] : getenv('HTTP_USER_AGENT');
This is where it would show up in our files normally. My guess is that both you and I have the Fast and Furious (speed hack) installed. Since the line isnt there for us to begin with, I wonder if it needs changing at all?

-Ex0dus

p.s. I have not tested this code at all to see if it works or to see if it nullifies the effects of the fast and furious hack. I strongly reccomend making backups of your upgraded files before trying this.

poregorn

Post by poregorn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:15 pm

i have about 80-90 hacks installed. the complete line is not there, ive even tried searching for bits and pieces of what were supposed to look for and have nothing AT ALL...do i just go to line 38 and add what it says were to replace with? or just ignore it and upload everything else that was edited. this is the only thing holding my upgrade up

Ex0dus

Post by Ex0dus » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:34 pm

Yeah, I know which hack got rid of that line and now where it should go, Ill go about testing it on my forums and see what happens. Be back in about 10 minutes with the results.

-Ex0dus

poregorn

Post by poregorn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:43 pm

Ex0dus wrote: Yeah, I know which hack got rid of that line and now where it should go, Ill go about testing it on my forums and see what happens. Be back in about 10 minutes with the results.

-Ex0dus
k, i gotta run out. can you do me a favor and PM me the link to your next post saying what the problem is so i can find it right away when i look here (view last post read doesnt always work right for me)

thanks

matthewf

Post by matthewf » Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:55 pm

I also wish to say thank you for the code changes amd that it works wonderfully with easymod! I did have a small problem at one point but sorted it when I reinstalled easymod then the upgrade worked fine, I am now running the latest version without problems, thanks again

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”