Page 1 of 21

[2.0.13] phpBB 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 Code Changes

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:16 pm
by Extensions Robot
MOD Name: phpBB 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 Code Changes
Author: Acyd Burn
MOD Description: Code Changes from phpBB 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 in three formats (text/mod, html, bbcode prepared for posting the changes on phpBB forums).



MOD Version: 1.0.0

Download File: phpbb_2013_to_2014.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 18829 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:56 pm
by Xore
MOD Validated/Released

Notes:
This is the code changes from phpBB 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 in easy to read formats. Upgrade your board ASAP!

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:00 am
by chadsmith
Yep I figured you'd get this up right as I finish patching. :lol:

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:01 am
by DiSpy
Yay!! 8)

THANK YOU! :D

-DiSpy

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:06 am
by sonyboy
Hey, thanks, but the only database change is the version No. right?

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:19 am
by onigumo
For a reason by which I believe is not important to reveal in this case, I removed the file which requires the following code changes:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
admin/admin_styles.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 78
			include($phpbb_root_path. "templates/" . $install_to . "/theme_info.cfg");

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
# 
			include($phpbb_root_path. "templates/" . basename($install_to) . "/theme_info.cfg");

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 742
			$fp = @fopen($phpbb_root_path . 'templates/' . $template_name . '/theme_info.cfg', 'w');

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
# 
			$fp = @fopen($phpbb_root_path . 'templates/' . basename($template_name) . '/theme_info.cfg', 'w');
So that means I don't have to worry about it, right? And what does that code do for it anyway?

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:24 am
by onigumo
[please delete]

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:44 am
by wickedintense
my board is heavily modded and i just wanted to say thanks for posting the code changes. I really appreciate it, makes it all much easier

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:01 am
by AlfaR
wickedintense wrote: my board is heavily modded and i just wanted to say thanks for posting the code changes. I really appreciate it, makes it all much easier


I'll second that, I run a couple of heavily modded phpbb boards and would be royally stuck without the quick release of these files :D

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:10 am
by SeraphicGate
phpbb Staff, thanks for the quick post of the line-by-line code changes. I had no problems upgrading. I also deleted the "db/oracle.php" file as instructed with no problems.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:40 am
by ycl6
onigumo wrote: For a reason by which I believe is not important to reveal in this case, I removed the file which requires the following code changes:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------- 
# 
admin/admin_styles.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 78
			include($phpbb_root_path. "templates/" . $install_to . "/theme_info.cfg");

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
# 
			include($phpbb_root_path. "templates/" . basename($install_to) . "/theme_info.cfg");

#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------------------
# Line 742
			$fp = @fopen($phpbb_root_path . 'templates/' . $template_name . '/theme_info.cfg', 'w');

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
# 
			$fp = @fopen($phpbb_root_path . 'templates/' . basename($template_name) . '/theme_info.cfg', 'w');
So that means I don't have to worry about it, right? And what does that code do for it anyway?

You do not have to make the changes in admin/admin_styles.php as stated in the tutorial, but you should identify where has that section of codes go?

Sometimes, some MODs will move phpBB codes to other MOD-included files, in this case, it doesn't mean you DONT have to edit, but you need to find where has the code being moved to. Or, you should consult the MOD author regarding a possible update on his/her MOD.

~Mac

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:45 am
by stormin4
AlfaR wrote:
wickedintense wrote:my board is heavily modded and i just wanted to say thanks for posting the code changes. I really appreciate it, makes it all much easier


I'll second that, I run a couple of heavily modded phpbb boards and would be royally stuck without the quick release of these files :D


I'll "third" that as I also have a heavily modded board.

Thanks Acyd Burn for always being on top of your game!! :D

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:53 am
by troll565
any idea about this error after going from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14?


Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/starch3/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 1229

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:09 am
by porplemontage
stormin4 wrote:
AlfaR wrote:
wickedintense wrote:my board is heavily modded and i just wanted to say thanks for posting the code changes. I really appreciate it, makes it all much easier


I'll second that, I run a couple of heavily modded phpbb boards and would be royally stuck without the quick release of these files :D


I'll "third" that as I also have a heavily modded board.

Thanks Acyd Burn for always being on top of your game!! :D

It's great that they give us the code changes. Thanks guys, I am now running 2.0.14 with no problems. :wink:

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:16 am
by Marshalrusty
troll565 wrote: any idea about this error after going from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14?


Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/starch3/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 1229


You have an unexpected '}' in /home/starch3/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 1229 :)
Are you sure you didn't paste the code in before a }, instead of after it?

Code: Select all

          }
     }                     (like after this one, instead of the last one)
}