[2.0.19] Invitation Only

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
25%
Good
8%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 76

sallas

Post by sallas »

Hi, Kellanved & Riamus
Kellanved's mod is just what I needed - thanks very much for your help.
Sorry not to get back sooner - been travelling.
Riamus

Post by Riamus »

Latinking wrote: ok thx ... i wont try it cause it show i required to do someting with the SQL i have no idea on how to do that.... but thx anyways

SQL isn't really too hard. :)
Kakkoii Translation Team
格好いい 翻訳
pajonkhfat

Post by pajonkhfat »

I am just wondering if this invitation code could be available in profile section?
I have the forum with a bunch of users and I need to give some of them access to the private section. Problem is, that I do not know whom ;] I know their post-adresses but do not know the usernames attached to it. So...
The idea is to distribute the generated codes via post-mail and that way activate access guys that get that mail/code. Your mod gives that ability but to new users only, and I would like to keep actual users with it's usernames. Is that possible, or I am just way too sleepy and cannot find the way to do this?
Thanx in advance
LittleBill

Post by LittleBill »

i believe i found a bug in your invitation program

u start using id numbers starting "34" correct? to indicate number of uses or whatever

here's the problem, if for some reason you delete these acounts that used the invitation's, your counter starts over at "34" then gives a error stating duplicate numbers when trying to use invitation codes over, this happens since the id # in the database table "phpbb_invitation_users" does not reset or delete the id? the only way to fix the problem it seems is to completely empty this table and start over.

do u understand my problem? i see how it works and where the problem is, but not sure where the solution arises
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

I am not quite 100% if I understand the issue.
At the momenty it simply uses AUTO_INCREMENT to generate the ID values. While this is indeed questionable, it should not cause dublicate key values.

As to the "Users" Table, that one links the table with the codes to the actual users - it uses the user_id as key. As a given user normally only registers once, it seemed a good choice.

I only tested the program on MySql4, your problem might be due to that.
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM
LittleBill

Post by LittleBill »

alright create 5 invitations, for 5 different users to use.

create 5 dummy accounts with the invitations, then delete the accounts

then try to use the invitations again, it will give a debug error, cus you have the primary key in the user's section, and it will try to use "34" over again, but can't cus of primary key in db, i have a feeling u need to somehow remove the record in the db file once i delete someone.
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

I ran your test, but was not able to recreate the issue.

How did you delete the Users?
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

By popular demand: the beta thread for an invite system not totally unlike the one google had going:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=331400
realix

Post by realix »

Kellanved wrote: By popular demand: the beta thread for an invite system not totally unlike the one google had going:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=331400

great! i was about to scan thru the entire 13 pages and request for this mod! thanks!
AnTiLiVeD

Post by AnTiLiVeD »

Hi all I'm having problems with the SQL codes. I copy and pasted the codes from the .mod file to MySQL query browser and executed it, but it says

Code: Select all

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ';

CREATE TABLE phpbb_invitation_users (
	invitation_id MEDIUMINT( 8 ) NOT NU' at line 9
I am absoulutely not familiar with SQL so I have no idea what is wrong. Is it something I am doing wrong?
carinspixels

Post by carinspixels »

i'm affraid this mod isnt working on forums with 2.0.17 have installed it 3 times and keep getting a problem when you try to sign up or edit your profiel, it keeps getting back to the agreement rules, when you press I agree it circles back again right away
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

AnTiLiVeD wrote: I am absoulutely not familiar with SQL so I have no idea what is wrong. Is it something I am doing wrong?

Hmm. Try to enter the queries one at a time, instead of pasting all of them at once.

@carinspixels:
That sounds like an issue with the In-Line edits. I am not aware of any problems with 2.0.17 - it works for me on several 2.0.17 boards. :wink:

But maybe we can track down your issue: have you tried using easymod?
carinspixels

Post by carinspixels »

Kellanved wrote:
AnTiLiVeD wrote:
I am absoulutely not familiar with SQL so I have no idea what is wrong. Is it something I am doing wrong?

Hmm. Try to enter the queries one at a time, instead of pasting all of them at once.

@carinspixels:
That sounds like an issue with the In-Line edits. I am not aware of any problems with 2.0.17 - it works for me on several 2.0.17 boards. :wink:

But maybe we can track down your issue: have you tried using easymod?

no I dont have easymod installed cause I am a sucker for editing all files myself...yeah I know sad hahahahaha
I'm gonna install esymod and wil lretry it, maybe it helps....
be back in a few ;)
carinspixels

Post by carinspixels »

okay I got to take back all I said, easymod did perfect and finally we got a way to keep unwanted people out of the board thanks so much!!!!
rsjoker

Post by rsjoker »

need some help i get this error when i try to create an invite

Code: Select all

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
Any thoughts?

I'm runnin EasyPhp and i'm testin it on easyPhp because i dont want it to screw up my site.. so just checkin..

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”