[2.0.19] Invitation Only

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
25%
Good
8%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 76

pclive72

Re: [2.0.19] Invitation Only

Post by pclive72 »

When I have the Invitation Only option disabled in the Configuration, is there anyway that I can still have the email address pass over to the registration page when someone clicks the url in the Invite Email?

Thanks,
Paul
pclive72

Post by pclive72 »

When I have the Invitation Only option disabled in the Configuration, as you know, I can still send invitations but the invitation code is not required for registration. Additionally, it does not appear that the user gets automatically added to a group as specified. Is it the invitation code that tracks whether or not an invited user has registered? For example, when you go to Invitations, it shows all of the invites and their status of whether or not they have used the invitation. However, I've sent some invitations (without the invitation code being required) and the invited users have registered, but the status does not change.

I guess what I'm trying to achieve is to have the ability to send invitations and track the status of those invitations. However, I don't want to make the invitation code mandantory for users that did not receive an invitation. I simply want to track my invitations.

Any chances of this?

Thanks,
Paul
pclive72

Post by pclive72 »

Does anyone know what files, code, etc. I would have to update so that when the invitation only feature is enabled:
  • the invitation code is not required in order to register
  • the invitation field is invisible to the user when registering, yet the invitation code still registers when an invited user clicks the link in their invitation email
  • when the invited user registers, the invitation list is updated as such
Can anyone help with this?
Thanks,
Paul
Valace

Post by Valace »

Does this mod work with php3? If not any plans? Been looking every where for a MOD like this as I like to keep my forum private for friends only
Image - Help look after the Earth and get green hosting
Free Domain: http://www.co.cc
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

No phpBB2 modification will work in phpBB3 and as far as I know, there is no such modification for phpBB3.....yet.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
Valace

Post by Valace »

RMcGirr83 wrote:No phpBB2 modification will work in phpBB3 and as far as I know, there is no such modification for phpBB3.....yet.
Sorry that answer did not make much sense. Yes it will work in php3 but yet no modification for php3... So do you mean it will work?
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Valace wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote:No phpBB2 modification will work in phpBB3 and as far as I know, there is no such modification for phpBB3.....yet.
Sorry that answer did not make much sense. Yes it will work in php3 but yet no modification for php3... So do you mean it will work?
:roll:
No phpBB2 modification will work in phpBB3.....
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
pclive72

Post by pclive72 »

He was saying that phpBB2 MODs will NOT work for phpBB3.
Valace

Post by Valace »

ok thanks

Any plans for this mod to go over to php3 Mr Creator of mod? Or any one know of one already done?
Chillyboarder

Post by Chillyboarder »

Please PM me as I can not check this often enough.

I can not open the guide, it's invitation_code.mod or something like that, it's a .mod though so it opens default as wmp and can not open FF.

Any help thanks.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”