[2.0.19] Invitation Only

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
25%
Good
8%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 76

freddie

Re:

Post by freddie »

Kellanved wrote: I haven't updated this in a while and it is entirely possible that it's not totally compatible with phpBB 2.0.22.

There is the somewhat newer "Invitation Only U2U" version, which should work with phpBB 2.0.22 . http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=378134

i'm running latest version, and no probs with this mod
amanjsingh

Re: [2.0.19] Invitation Only

Post by amanjsingh »

Is this MOD for version 2.0.22?
EWolf

Post by EWolf »

Can someone send me the mysql for this? I cant open the mpeg that came with it. (Everthing else seeoms to be working apart from mysql T_T )

*EDIT: I also need the code changes. >_<
freddie

Post by freddie »

open with texteditor doesn't work ?
EWolf

Post by EWolf »

Oh yea ^_^ Thanks for that.
anoteher problem though >_< the table invitation_table is not included in the mysql.

got it sorted I think.
freddie

Post by freddie »

install file:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb_invitations (
	invitation_id MEDIUMINT( 8 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
	invitation_code VARCHAR( 8 ) NOT NULL ,
	invitation_description TEXT NOT NULL,
	invitation_uses MEDIUMINT(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',
	invitation_group MEDIUMINT(8) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
        invitation_email TEXT NOT NULL,
	PRIMARY KEY ( invitation_id ) 
);

CREATE TABLE phpbb_invitation_users (
	invitation_id MEDIUMINT( 8 ) NOT NULL,
	user_id MEDIUMINT( 8 ) NOT NULL,	
	PRIMARY KEY ( user_id ) 
);	

INSERT INTO phpbb_config ( config_name , config_value ) 
	VALUES ('invite_only', '1'); 
just run query again :)
Chimera7

Post by Chimera7 »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the mod.
But i have some problems. I think it's because i use a different template and language.
What do i have to change if i have different temp & lang?

ex: at the admin=>Invitations panal i see some tables with no tekst in it.
http://chimera.deadend.be/Other_Stuff/PHPBB.jpg

Thansk in advance

Edit: Problem solved, i had to change the lang. files.
Last edited by Chimera7 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
waynebowles

Post by waynebowles »

I was wandering if anyone can help me out. The forum registration is working right, when you click register, then select your age and if you agree when you click on the link it just reloads the same page, it doesn't get any further than that screen for registration. I have a feeling its with the following few lines of my usercp_register.php

"U_AGREE_OVER13" => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=register&agreed=true").$invite_code . $email,
"U_AGREE_UNDER13" => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=register&agreed=true&coppa=true").$invite_code . $email)
);
marcdd2

Post by marcdd2 »

I've seen other people looking for a solution to this, but can't find an answer.

I click on register, it goes to the reg page fine, when I click on:
I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age

I then get a page stating:
Sorry, but this username has already been taken.

Any ideas? Thanks.
marcdd2

Post by marcdd2 »

Whenever I try to make it so that it auto assigns to the correct group I get this error message after submitting the registration. Any Ideas

Dan

Could not insert data into users table

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES (4, 'marcdd2', 1182299009, '2518544303d8b7139c934062180d54f8', '[email protected]', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, -7, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'english', 1, 0, 1, 1, '')

Line : 691
File : usercp_register.php
Eleri

Post by Eleri »

I'm really eyeing this mod for the feature of sorting people into usergroups based on the password they give. It would make my having to move 300+ people to a new forum muuuuuuch easier.

Is there a way, however, to make it so that registering itself isn't invite only, but you can still give people a password to use for their usergroup when they register? Is there another mod out there that might do this?

Or, do you think it would be easier to install the mod, have it as invite only while the move happens, and everyone gets settled into their usergroups, and then uninstall it, and sort people into their usergroups manually after that?

Thanks!
~Eleri
graffix338

Post by graffix338 »

Hello All,

I have installed this mod and everything is working well "Great Mod BTW" my problem is that I would like to change or set a specific static passcode that's not auto generated. I have searched all 29 pages of this topic and came across a couple of people asking for the same thing but with no resolution. I have small guild site and would like to set the passcode to "password" or something like that so players in our guild can register in our forums by invitation only with out all the spam. I can post the the auto generated pascode up in the MOTD for guildies although its easier to remember a static phrase.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated, thanks in advance.
marcdd2

Post by marcdd2 »

There has been some talk about having an auto approve mod of the mod so that when someone signs up they immediately have access to their boards, but I can't find anything that explains how to do this. Does anyone know? Thanks.
Acorn

Post by Acorn »

I have this set up, and it is working - thanks.

Howver, the invitations are not being cancelled when they are used - the list shows that none of the 6 I have produced so far have been used, even though I know that two have.

This also means that the codes can be re-used, which is not good.

Can anyone help?
Getting braver all the time. :D
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

I have taked over all Kellanved's MODs, includign this one (With permission from Kellanved), and will give from this moment support for them, and release new version when needed. Iam trying to give as much as possible support, but at this moment I dont know the code complete, so please be patient when asking your question, I try to answer asap :).

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”