[2.0.19] Invitation Only

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
25%
Good
8%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 76

ximpdbydefault

Post by ximpdbydefault »

They are left unchanged. I went through all of the modded files that this module changes to see if there were any discrepancies, but all of them were correct and in the correct places. I did however find out, on my quest to find a solution to this problem, that I was running a 1.07 version when there was a 1.09 version. So I unmodded this module by hand as well as the myqsl db’s and installed the 1.09 and it worked correctly with all of the elements of tests performed. Thanks for getting back to me.
wykedengel

Post by wykedengel »

I searched the thread, but could not come up with an answer to my question. While installing the mod i came up with the following error:

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/usercp_register.php] could not find:

$strip_var_list = array('email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim'

MOD script line #321

Any ideas?
GYnot

Post by GYnot »

Hi,
I installed all the files in their respective folders, but I'm not sure where to put the "Invitation_Only.mod" file. I assume that this must go somewhere. Or am I supposed to put the entire "Invitation_Only" folder somwhere? Please pardon my newbieness, this is the first mod that I've tried to install.

When I click "Invitations" I get the error:

Could not count invites

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'LBPDB01.INVITATION_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT count(invitation_id) as total FROM INVITATION_TABLE

Line : 400
File : admin_invites.php

Thanks for any help
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

@wykedengel: What version of pgpBB are you running? Also, there might be another MOD conflicting.

@GYnot: The .mod file contains instructions on how to install the MOD. This can be done either automatically with Easymod or manually
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM
peter.parker

Re: [2.0.19] Invitation Only

Post by peter.parker »

thanks
NightOne

Post by NightOne »

I have downloaded and installed the Invitation MOD and it works great except for the fact that I have to manually approve the group membership.

I have read about this in the thread, but have not found a solid fix.

Should I just install U2U? If so, how should I uninstall Invite Mod? I used EasyMod to install it.

or is there an easy file edit I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

It depends: If the auto-approve behaviour is intended for all invites, then altering this MOD is probably less work.

If there are invites with auto-approve and others without, then the u2u is the way to go.
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM
NightOne

Post by NightOne »

Kellanved wrote: It depends: If the auto-approve behaviour is intended for all invites, then altering this MOD is probably less work.

If there are invites with auto-approve and others without, then the u2u is the way to go.

Registering is by invitation only and I put them in the right group so everyone can be auto-approved.

Also, I added a another mod which blocks anonymous users from viewing the memberlist and groups.

How do I fix what I have? and how? :D
NightOne

Post by NightOne »

Actually, after reviewing the features of U2U I would definitely like to use it instead. This will allow me to have some moderators able to do invites as well. Plus, it fixes my original problem.

So how do I uninstall this Mod? Can I use EasyMod to do it?

or could I just install the U2U mod and have it override the functionality of this mod?

Thanks
NightOne

Post by NightOne »

NightOne wrote: Actually, after reviewing the features of U2U I would definitely like to use it instead. This will allow me to have some moderators able to do invites as well. Plus, it fixes my original problem.

So how do I uninstall this Mod? Can I use EasyMod to do it?

or could I just install the U2U mod and have it override the functionality of this mod?

Thanks

I believe I got this figured out myself. Here is what appeared to have worked for me.

I had only installed one other small mod since installing the Invitation mod so I used EasyMod to remove both. I then tried to install the U2U mod but it failed on step 2 because it said that the invitation tables were already in the database. Luckily, my hosting provider provides MyPHPadmin (or whatever it is called) so I logged in an removed the 2 tables in question from the SQL database. EasyMod was then able to successfully install the U2U mod.

Seems to work fine for me and the U2U mod is much cooler.
rbenoit

SQL code for SQL Server or Access

Post by rbenoit »

The SQL code in this mod must be strictly for mysql.

I want to use it, create an access database with the same fields but got a data mismatch error.

Ran the code against sql server and got errors on it too.

Roger
IgnorantNewGuy

Post by IgnorantNewGuy »

I have a question about the link in overall_header. I took the switches out hoping that would allow the link to be seen while logged out. It didn't work. How do I make it so that the link is always visible?

I am basically using this MOD as a basic invitation-type MOD so that all members have unlimited invitations - I believe I do this by doing this: -1

So, I'd like that link to be visible when logged in and out and I will remove the little code bit that says how many invites remain.

Thx,
Scott 8)
jaykayjamiroquai

Post by jaykayjamiroquai »

I'm installing this mod but I'm stuck here:

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
function show_coppa()
#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
(
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
$invite_code, $email

What do you mean by IN-LINE FIND? Where do I have to put this information?

Here's the function coppa, but I don't know where to add those things

function show_coppa()
{
global $userdata, $template, $lang, $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx;

$template->set_filenames(array(
'body' => 'agreement.tpl')
);

$template->assign_vars(array(
'REGISTRATION' => $lang['Registration'],
'AGREEMENT' => $lang['Reg_agreement'],
"AGREE_OVER_13" => $lang['Agree_over_13'],
"AGREE_UNDER_13" => $lang['Agree_under_13'],
'DO_NOT_AGREE' => $lang['Agree_not'],

"U_AGREE_OVER13" => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=register&agreed=true"),
"U_AGREE_UNDER13" => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=register&agreed=true&coppa=true"))
);

$template->pparse('body');

}
traypup

Post by traypup »

this is the first time I've ever installed a mod for phpbb, so I'm guessing I just messed up.

a. when I finished all of the changes and uploaded the files, I went into my admin area and didn't see any changes other than the admin controls. There's a radio button that asks if the forum should be invitation only. I enable it, save the change and when I go back, it's disabled again. I suspected that I did something wrong, but wasn't even sure where to look.

b. So I logged out and tried to register as a new user. Upon clicking "register" from the main page of the forum, I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/sunshine/public_html/forum/includes/usercp_register.php on line 66

Line 66 in that file looks like this:

"U_AGREE_UNDER13" => append_sid("profile.$phpEx?mode=register&agreed=true&coppa=true" .$invite_code . $email))
);

I am baffled and close to desperate. Any suggestions? What is supposed to happen when this is installed correctly? How do I know where to find out what I did wrong?

thanks for any help anyone can give.
cmonteiro

Post by cmonteiro »

first of all , my apologies, we have a phpbb that is being hit with spam every day, I have backed up my db, copied my entire forum to my local drive, I have uploaded this specific mod to the appropriate directories, just having it there apparently is not enough, there seems to be some table creation that needs to happen and so I need to understand how to trigger that

thanks in advance for the help,

-Charles
-Charles

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”