[2.0.19] Invitation Only

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
25%
Good
8%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 76

Nliebespeck

Extra Login Fields

Post by Nliebespeck »

This is my first mod and I am new to PHP. After I installed this mod I have a set of login fields on the first page of my forum. Is this somthing I screwed up? If not what are they for. I have noticed that to get to the Admin Panel I have to login at the top login link and at the new one on the first page. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
michael89

Post by michael89 »

i get the error

Code: Select all

SQL Error : 1146 Table '.......t.INVITATION_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT count(invitation_id) as total FROM INVITATION_TABLE 

Line : 400
File : admin_invites.php
(it wont let me play the mpeg that is included... otherwise i probably wouldent be asking)
mgkbull

easymod couldn't install

Post by mgkbull »

I get over 50 different warnings when installin this mod with easymod, however I get one critical error:

Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl] could not find:

<!-- END switch_confirm -->

MOD script line #659 :: FAQ :: Report
and those warnings are (replace language name with EVERY language):

Warning

FIND FAILED: In file [language/lang_norwegian/lang_main.php] could not find:

//
// That's all, Folks!
// ------------------------------------------------- 
Yeah it found that error in all languages except English. Whats going on here?
angeljs

Post by angeljs »

Excellent mod! Is there any way to make this work with refferal mod, so the code is automatically generated once a referral email is sent by a member?
mommyneedsabreak.com

Post by mommyneedsabreak.com »

I keep "enabling" this in the admin panel, hit submit and then go back into config and it's disabled again. in both subsilver and my other template. I'm using 2.0.22. Any ideas?
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

I haven't updated this in a while and it is entirely possible that it's not totally compatible with phpBB 2.0.22.

There is the somewhat newer "Invitation Only U2U" version, which should work with phpBB 2.0.22 . http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=378134

The errors mentioned all seem to be installation problems. The MOD disabling itself is probably due to the database values not added correctly (the SQL part of the MOD template) or missing edits to the admin_board file.

The SQL error is probably due to missing edits to constants.php
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM
mommyneedsabreak.com

Post by mommyneedsabreak.com »

thanks! I'll try to uninstall this one and grab the new one! :D
Dragoness

Re: [2.0.19] Invitation Only

Post by Dragoness »

I installed this mod quite some time ago and it's been working great! It was perfect for our little forum, thank you! I was wondering if you'd be updating it to work with phpbb 3? I'd like to convert our forum over but the invite only process is very necessary for us. Or perhaps the U2U version? I might be able to use that if the user portion can be disabled, as new members are only invited via the admin.

Thanks again!
there she dwells ~ ladyofdragons.com
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

Dragoness wrote: I installed this mod quite some time ago and it's been working great! It was perfect for our little forum, thank you! I was wondering if you'd be updating it to work with phpbb 3? I'd like to convert our forum over but the invite only process is very necessary for us. Or perhaps the U2U version? I might be able to use that if the user portion can be disabled, as new members are only invited via the admin.

Thanks again!

I can't make any promises regarding a 3.0 version at the moment. I hope to find the time, but it doesn't look like it for the foreseeable future.
Either way, I am only supporting the U2U line, which is a superset of the plain version, e.g. can be set to behave exactly the same.
obie

Post by obie »

I must be a moron. I think previous mods have screwed this one up for me. so i uploaded a fresh copy of usercp_register.php and was able to complete the install with Easy Mod. But now, when you logout and hit register, after you click on the over 13 thing from phpBB, you get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dss_rand() in .../includes/usercp_register.php on line 1146
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

The dss_rand function was introduced in phpBB 2.0.19 IIRC; the MOD is not compatible with older versions (updating is always wise, though)
nmtdr

Post by nmtdr »

I added the current mod and now my forum takes a very long time to open. I also include a blog and newest user notation on my main homepage and it also takes very long to open now too.

http://www.nmtdr.com homepage
http://www.nmtdr.com/forum/ forum main page

both take a very long time to open now.

http://www.nmtdr.com/index_newuser.php page without newest user lookup.
Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved »

This MOD does not add any overhead during normal use, so I doubt that it is the reason. Try to figure out which operations/queries slow down your forum to find the culprit.
jchemie

Post by jchemie »

Hi,
I have not been able to download the mod. It always says the download file doesnt exist. Could you please help me. I need this mod urgently.

Thanks

Jyot
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”