[2.0.19] Invitation Only

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
25%
Good
8%
Fair
1%
Poor
3%

Total votes: 76

tmac2104

Post by tmac2104 » Sun May 22, 2005 5:58 pm

is there anyway to make it so that whenever someone registers (with the invite of course) that a new invite code is generated for them so that they can let one of there friends join. Sort of like the old Livejournal situation?

It would be sort of like the refferal mod i've seen here before. And it would even be nice if I could reward people for reffering someone with a link with "points"

I know its a lot to ask but any info in the right direction, like even a file to edit would be awesome.

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved » Sun May 22, 2005 11:31 pm

I get this request a lot, sadly I don't think that I will find the time to cook something up like this in the forseeable future (i.e. this year). I see this as a mod to keep small forums private; it is not really designed to handle large numbers of invites and user to user invites.

Yet , just generating one code for each new members should not be too hard - somewhat like ten new lines for the usercp_register, mostly cut'n paste.

But adding a new page for users to invite others would mean a new mod altogether.
This mod might be useful as a base for such a mod, and anyone wílling to give it a try is welcome to.
Last edited by Kellanved on Mon May 23, 2005 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nocando is in Idontwanna county. No support via PM

tmac2104

Post by tmac2104 » Mon May 23, 2005 12:59 am

Well thanks for the quick reply, I think i may attempt to get the invite auto invite situation working. I'm really a bad php progammer so who knows what will turn up. But I plan on:

1. User registers with invite code
2. Invite code is generated and pmed to the person who signed up.

Shouldn't be an extremely difficult task. But if you have any advice I would love to hear it.

thanks,
Trevor

footman

User does not get added to a group with invitation mod

Post by footman » Wed May 25, 2005 12:27 am

I have installed the invitation only mod with Easy Mod and although it seems to have installed correctly with emails being sent out with an invitation code, the user is not automatically added to a user group.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved » Wed May 25, 2005 9:20 am

Per default, the new member's group membership is inactive; an Admin or the group moderator has to activate it.

Does the mod work otherwise? Are the new users shown on the invitation page in the ACP ?

footman

invitation only

Post by footman » Wed May 25, 2005 10:41 am

I have tried it again this morning, and it seems to be working.

When I send out an invitation, I get an email to say the recipient has accepted the invitation and also I should follow the link :

"A user has requested to join a group you moderator on The Chiropodist.
To approve or deny this request for group membership please visit the following link:

http://www.thechiropodist.com/phpBB2/pr ... idate=true "

but when I click on it , it takes me to the forum index rather than a usergroup page.

If I go the user group page manually, I see that membership is pending for that person and I can allow them to join.

Does this make sense??!! :lol:

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved » Wed May 25, 2005 11:33 am

Yup, that's a bug in the mod. I'll submit a fix soon.

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved » Wed May 25, 2005 12:05 pm

here:

Code: Select all

#update 1.0.6 -> 1.0.7* (*validation pending)
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
includes/usercp_register.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
							$emailer->assign_vars(array(
								'SITENAME' => $board_config['sitename'], 
								'GROUP_MODERATOR' => $moderator['username'],
								'EMAIL_SIG' => (!empty($board_config['board_email_sig'])) ? str_replace('<br />', "\n", "-- \n" . $board_config['board_email_sig']) : '',							 
								'U_GROUPCP' => $server_url . '?' . POST_GROUPS_URL . "=".$invite_data['invitation_group']."&validate=true")
							);
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#

$script_name = preg_replace('/^\/?(.*?)\/?$/', '\1', trim($board_config['script_path']));
							$script_name = ($script_name != '') ? $script_name . '/groupcp.'.$phpEx : 'groupcp.'.$phpEx;
							$server_name = trim($board_config['server_name']);
							$server_protocol = ($board_config['cookie_secure']) ? 'https://' : 'http://';
							$server_port = ($board_config['server_port'] <> 80) ? ':' . trim($board_config['server_port']) . '/' : '/';				
							$grouplink = $server_protocol .  $server_name .  $server_port .  $script_name;	
							$emailer->assign_vars(array(
								'SITENAME' => $board_config['sitename'], 
								'GROUP_MODERATOR' => $moderator['username'],
								'EMAIL_SIG' => (!empty($board_config['board_email_sig'])) ? str_replace('<br />', "\n", "-- \n" . $board_config['board_email_sig']) : '',							 
								'U_GROUPCP' => $grouplink . '?' . POST_GROUPS_URL . "=".$invite_data['invitation_group']."&validate=true")
							);

Adding an option to auto-activate group-membership as well is on my to-do; but my schedule is rather tight at the moment.
For the time being it can only be done by editing the file and replacing

VALUES ('".intval($user_id) ."', '". intval($invite_data['invitation_group'])."', '1')";
with

VALUES ('".intval($user_id) ."', '". intval($invite_data['invitation_group'])."', '0')";

footman

error message

Post by footman » Wed May 25, 2005 1:45 pm

I sometimes get the error message :

Could not update invitation user table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1062 Duplicate entry '14' for key 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_invitation_users (user_id, invitation_id) VALUES ('14', '11')

Line : 798
File : usercp_register.php

when someone attempts to register via the invite.

Sorry to be a pain!

I haven't changed any code yet.

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved » Wed May 25, 2005 2:19 pm

That's strange. Have you noticed any pattern in the occurances of the issue?

footman

Post by footman » Wed May 25, 2005 2:40 pm

no pattern really. I noticed it when I first installed the mod but although the error appeared, the invited member would still registered.

I have tried the codes and for some reason has not solved the issues. I have now gone back to how it was originally and everything seems fine.. I just need to manually accept users into the usergroups.

no more error messages so far!

thefish_uk

Post by thefish_uk » Wed May 25, 2005 5:26 pm

Nice mod, guys.

Only thing is it would be nice to be able to change the invitation passcodes to something more... memorable? Without hacking the database.

My intention is to be able to go to school and give out the passcode and URL to the group who I want to let use my forum, and have them go home and be able to type it in easily.

I can just imagine it... at a group meeting... "The passcode you will need is.... h7f9fj27" and the cries from people who don't have paper.

bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer » Wed May 25, 2005 7:57 pm

Or you could email them the passcode.
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

watchadoin

Email errors??

Post by watchadoin » Sat May 28, 2005 8:07 am

Hi all, nice mod here just trying to work out all the kinks.

1. Does anyone know how to remove the double 'http://' from the registration link in the recipient email??

2. I removed it manually and pasted in my browser and got this error, "Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx.com/forums/includes/usercp_register.php on line 51"

Line 50, function show_coppa()
Line 51, {$invite_code, $email

I also tried to use '(' in front of, $invite_code, $email ......

Any ideas, I followed the instructions to the "T", or at least I think I did?!?!

Thanks,
watchadoin?

Kellanved
Former Team Member

Post by Kellanved » Sat May 28, 2005 8:41 am

Well, there *should* be no double "http://" . Do you have a "http" in the domain field on the board configuration page? If so, remove it.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”