Simple Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
16%
Good
11%
Fair
3%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 91

flipkipje

Post by flipkipje » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:35 pm

Only users who can post can use the quick reply, so if your forum is set so only registered users can post, only registered users will be able to use the quick reply.

cral

Post by cral » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:48 pm

I understand that part - but I still want to let the guest post, but I don't want them to use the quick reply, without useing the name field.

And I can't get the mod "enter your name" to work with the quick reply, so if I can't get that mod to work, I would like to take away the possibilty for guest to use the quickreply since I got the mod to work on the built inn reply function.
~Cral

Kate.x

Post by Kate.x » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:40 pm

is there any way I can make the quick reply only visible to registered members. My forum is set to anyone can view but only registered can post and I don't want it to be there for people who can't use it. I tried switch users logged in and it made it dissappear completly - for reqistered and unregistered members.

I think it would be cool to add smilies next to it aswell. I tried taking the smilies coding from posting template and adding it but it didn't work. The smilies didn't show up. I can code it I just don't know everything I have to do to make the smilies show.

Bobsnox

Post by Bobsnox » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:21 am

I'm sorry but does this quick reply have a quote previous message function?
NickHost.net - Affordable Web Hosting from $4.95/mo
PM me for details!

harmonictc

Post by harmonictc » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:55 am

ok, i just installed this and everything is fine except i get 2 reply boxes. it was installed correctly, and i mean that i did not enter the info twice. any thoughts?? heres the site in conflict

http://installshowcase.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2

eddie666

Post by eddie666 » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:31 pm

I installed the mod and it works perfect !
Good job .. 8)

But is there some way to send the message by hitting Alt+S instead of clicking on the button?
That would be so great

Neil45354

Post by Neil45354 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:10 am

I installed the MOD and it's really cool! :)

The only problem I am having is integrating it with the Avalanche theme. If anyone is willing to help, please read on. ;)

Go here and scroll to the bottom. The Quick Reply box is there and is functioning perfectly. However, on each side of the box, there are a few extra pixels that allows the darker blue to show. I want to strech the box so that I can't see the dark blue background. Any ideas?

---

Edit: I fixed it! Just as I figured, it was a simple cellpadding="5" that needed to be changed to cellpadding="0". :lol:

XFile_2708

Post by XFile_2708 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:51 pm

Installed this today on my forum (ver 2.0.18 ) and it worked first time... much easier to install than the Super Quick Reply mod (certainly for a newbie anyway) :)

PeiT

Post by PeiT » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:21 pm

harmonictc wrote: ok, i just installed this and everything is fine except i get 2 reply boxes. it was installed correctly, and i mean that i did not enter the info twice. any thoughts?? heres the site in conflict

http://installshowcase.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2

me too. :?
I use phpbb 2.0.19 and theme WS[orange]

Imar

Post by Imar » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:00 am

Installed this mod today, and it works perfectly! You do have to know a bit about coding if you want to adjust the position and size of the box, but other than that is is really simple. Thanks also to Blankety Blank Man, your modifications are great!

Are there any security or spam issues known about this (or other) quick reply mod(s) before I actually activate it?

dhanu

Post by dhanu » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:23 am

I installed the mod, but the quick reply box doesnt appear.

( sorry, but i dont hv anymore details to give u)
forums are working fine, just as if i didnt install the mod

anyone got a prob like this?

Freyja

Post by Freyja » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:51 am

Thanks, very nice mod, installed it with easyMOD, took 1 sec :)

Imar

Post by Imar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:37 pm

dhanu wrote: I installed the mod, but the quick reply box doesnt appear.

( sorry, but i dont hv anymore details to give u)
forums are working fine, just as if i didnt install the mod

anyone got a prob like this?

Please check again the exact place where you pasted the code in viewtopic.tpl. That is the file that controls what you actually see on screen. Also, check if the IF-statement you pasted in viewtopic.php is correct; it controls whether the quick reply box can be shown or not.

nm3210

Post by nm3210 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:03 am

Yeah, so I have installed this and it was working fine for a while. Now that we have changed our DNS however, whenever you hit submit it says that you are not logged in.

Posting works if you use the normal reply button, but nothing I do seems to get the Quick-Reply to work. The actual coding is correct (100%) because I just re-installed it and it does the same exact thing - andI know what I'm doing for the most part, haha. Well any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

My forum is located at http://forum.myriafx.com or http://myriafx.com/forum/ if you prefer (I mean it's the same thing)

edit: Got it all fixed, no worries, check it out and let me know if anything is wrong though.

hmartin

Post by hmartin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:53 am

Are there any DHTML based quick reply MODs out there?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”