Simple Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
16%
Good
11%
Fair
3%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 91

rehan

Re: [2.0.15] Simple Quick Reply

Post by rehan » Sun May 06, 2007 1:43 pm

Merri wrote: EasyMOD could install them for you easily, although it may have problems if you have multiple MODs installed and the MODs try to modify the same lines. It doesn't install if this is the case.

Ahan I See.. This is my first day with PHpbb.. I am seting up a forum today.. Where from can i find easymod.. and how to use it... what wld u recomend for a newbe.. easymod installation or manuall../??

Merri

Post by Merri » Sun May 06, 2007 1:49 pm

That isn't Simple Quick Reply, it doesn't have options for quoting and attaching signature, you're using some other Quick Reply MOD.

rehan

Post by rehan » Sun May 06, 2007 2:01 pm

:S:S:S :? :? :? :?
well.. i downloaded it from this website a moments ago..
and what about easyMod

Merri

Post by Merri » Sun May 06, 2007 2:08 pm

You can see from the MOD file the actual name of the MOD. There are many different Quick Reply MODs, people like mine mostly because of it's total simpleness.

Read more about EasyMOD at Area51.

honeysmom

Post by honeysmom » Wed May 09, 2007 12:55 am

Where is the thread on how to download the MOD. I always forget how to download something on the new site.

Merri

Post by Merri » Wed May 09, 2007 9:14 am

Download links in first posts are working now.

Crowbar01

Post by Crowbar01 » Fri May 11, 2007 6:04 am

Sup?

Been trying to install this on phpBB2 2.0.22 with the AI2 theme (by Mike Lothar: http://hqtheme.com/mikelothar/styles.html), now, all goes well and perfectly, shows up and everything like that, but when you type and hit submit, it heads to posting.php instead of working as a quickreply should.

Whats the go? help? i've seen people ask similar things and saying "got it!" but never explaining how.

Cheers.

Exitspeed

Post by Exitspeed » Tue May 15, 2007 4:02 pm

Will this mod install with easy mod in version 2.0.22 with different styles?

Edit. NV I read the answer in above posts.

Threnodee

Post by Threnodee » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:58 pm

Sup?

Been trying to install this on phpBB2 2.0.22 with the AI2 theme (by Mike Lothar: http://hqtheme.com/mikelothar/styles.html), now, all goes well and perfectly, shows up and everything like that, but when you type and hit submit, it heads to posting.php instead of working as a quickreply should.

Whats the go? help? i've seen people ask similar things and saying "got it!" but never explaining how.

Cheers.
I have the exact same problem and I can't find a solution anywhere on these forums (I've been searching all afternoon to no avail).

Can anyone help me out? I'd really appreciate it, I'm clueless as to what to do to fix this issue...

JohnnyMcKinney

Post by JohnnyMcKinney » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:20 am

Peter77sx wrote:There is a fix for that in this thread.. its not too hard to find.
No there is a guy WHO asked for a fix, but no one helped him yet. So someone help the three of US!

So again I say:
JohnnyMcKinney wrote:Ummm I got a little problem. Everytime a user or me uses the uick reply box we all get this error.

Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.

It appears at the top of the page.

Merri

Post by Merri » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:47 pm

I have never encountered this problem myself, and in the other hand it is very likely it has been fixed in version 2: the bad thing is that it still hasn't been officially released, and it's been on the queue for over three months now.

michael_

Post by michael_ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:00 pm

great mod, easy and does the job i wanted

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Simple Quick Reply

Post by Extensions Robot » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:59 pm

MOD Updated to version 1.0.0
See first post for Download Link
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)

cineva

Re: Simple Quick Reply

Post by cineva » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:42 am

Simple, yet effective. Excellent MOD. Thanks Merri!

MatthewR13

Re: Simple Quick Reply

Post by MatthewR13 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:57 am

Installed with no problems using a modded version of subSilver on 2.0.22. Works exactly as I had hoped; nice and simple.

One question: Any possibilities you'll be adding an option to enable / disable this feature forum-wide from the Configuration screen? In other words, the ability to turn the Quick Reply feature on or off entirely. I thought that's what the "Guests can use the quick reply box" option was at first. But after it didn't work and I read this entire thread, I realized that is not the intended purpose of that option.

And an editorial: not sure why everyone is so concerned about showing / hiding this option. You have to scroll to either the top or bottom to reply as is. What's the harm of just showing it there? Adding a show / hide adds another click to the process, so you might as well use the full reply option anyway at that point. And if you want to be taken to the advanced input easily , all you have to do is preview your Quick Reply.

I dunno, just wanted to add my $.02 after reading all the posts in this thread.

Thanks again for a great mod!

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”