Simple Quick Reply

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
64%
Very Good
16%
Good
11%
Fair
3%
Poor
5%

Total votes: 91

jffy1

Post by jffy1 »

jffy1 wrote: This will be my first attempt to install a mod........and I have no CLUE about how to do it.....
I printed out the directions....and it is 4 pages.
Anyone have the patience to explain it to me....please?? :?

Anyone??
Bill Latham

Post by Bill Latham »

TatuX wrote: Can somone help me? Instead of the quick reply I get this image. [... snipped excessively large image...]

Yes, I had the same problem. There's nothing wrong with the MOD, and it works perfectly on 2.0.17. The problem is in viewtopic.php, where the snipped of code $template->pparse('body'); appears twice in the file. This is why it is important for MOD authors to always include a reference line or larger snippet of code in which to identify and isolate a given section in which to modify.

The resolution was fairly obvious and simple. Remove the entire section of code placed above that line, and move it to the second appearance near the very bottom of the viewtopic.php page. Simply, select all code between:

Code: Select all

//
// Simple Quick Reply MOD
//
and

//
// Simple Quick Reply MOD
//
Copy it to your clipboard, backspace or delete to remove it, and proceed below:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
viewtopic.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
$template->pparse('body');

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_tail.'.$phpEx);

?>

#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------
#
//
// BEGIN Simple Quick Reply MOD
//
if ( ($is_auth['auth_reply'] && ($forum_topic_data['forum_status'] != FORUM_LOCKED) && ($forum_topic_data['topic_status'] != TOPIC_LOCKED) ) || ($userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN) )
{
	$template->assign_vars(array(
		'L_EMPTY_MSG' => $lang['Empty_message'],
		'L_PREVIEW' => $lang['Preview'],
		'L_QUICK_REPLY' => $lang['Quick_Reply'],
		'L_SUBMIT' => $lang['Submit'],
		'L_USERNAME' => $lang['Username'],

'S_ATTACH_SIG' => (( $userdata['session_logged_in'] ) ? $userdata['user_attachsig'] : 0) ? '1' : '',
		'S_NOTIFY' => (( $userdata['session_logged_in'] ) ? $userdata['user_notify'] : 0) ? '1' : '',
		'S_POSTING' => 'posting.'.$phpEx,
		'S_SID' => $userdata['session_id'],
		'S_TOPIC_ID' => $topic_id)
	);

$template->assign_block_vars('switch_quick_reply', array() );

if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
	{
		$template->assign_block_vars('switch_quick_reply.switch_user_logged_out', array() );
	}
}
//
// END Simple Quick Reply MOD
//
Bill Latham

Post by Bill Latham »

BoardHost wrote: Well, Mine worked fine. But where can I define the dimensions of the box? I don't see it in the Table or TD cells in the new code.

The overall table can be adjusted in percentages in templates/XXX/viewtopic_body.tpl, just above the reference code below:

<!-- END switch_user_logged_out -->
<textarea class="post" name="message" rows="10" cols="80" wrap="virtual"></textarea><br />
You can adjust the height and width of the actual textarea here, using the ROWS and COLS attributes. I have adjusted my own values to reflect a wider, but shorter textarea, using rows="6" and cols="110".

Modify to suit.
Marsol0x

Post by Marsol0x »

I have the eXtreme Styles mod on my forum, I think I put it on after I put the quick reply on, so the viewtopic_body.tpl is different from what it once was. Is there a way, still, to change the dimensions and location of the quick reply box?
Marsol0x

Post by Marsol0x »

I want to place the quick reply box above the information box. How might I go about doing that?
mjpd1

Post by mjpd1 »

Any chance someone could help me out with adding the Smiley box next to the Quick Reply box? I've got the Smiley box showing up, but clicking them does nothing. It should be fairly easy to incorporate the Smiley's with the Quick Reply.
PaulHQ

Post by PaulHQ »

I've installed this into my Nuke forum, but now it's showing HTML and stuff.

Example:

I'm working hard to get these forums up.&nbsp; Not only am I doing
that, but I'm also installing some good mods.&nbsp; Such as the ever
important "Quick Reply" Wink<br />
<br />
New themes may or may not come, not sure if Nuke can handle 'em.&nbsp; I'll see though.<br />
<br />
~Paul<br />
And then when I push 'submit' on the Quick Reply, it goes to a 404, saying I don't have /posting.php on the server @_@

Also, I had to change it because I'd get a Empty Message error if I didn't take up two lines -.-;
~Mamma_J~

Post by ~Mamma_J~ »

Any idea what to add to make it avaliable only for mods and admins?
xoail

Post by xoail »

will this MOD work on 2.0.17 ??? i tried but couldnt make it work.. many errors were returned..
SweetLou

Post by SweetLou »

You must have made a mistake when installing. I use this on a couple of 2.0.17 forums without a problem.
Van Zant

Post by Van Zant »

is there a way to put emoticons in

and a toggle that "quotes the last message"?

also i tried to make the quick reply box slimmer, but i effected the 'Watch this topic' and other buttons as well.
SweetLou

Post by SweetLou »

I don't know about the quoting and emoticons, never tried it. But to change the size of the textarea, you just need to edit the line in viewtopic_body.tpl from the mod.

<textarea class="post" name="message" rows="10" cols="50" wrap="virtual"></textarea><br />
Just change the rows="10" to how ever tall you want it, and cols="50" to however wide you want it.
I made mine bigger without a problem.
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

Van Zant wrote: is there a way to put emoticons in

and a toggle that "quotes the last message"?

also i tried to make the quick reply box slimmer, but i effected the 'Watch this topic' and other buttons as well.

This one sounds exactly like what you're looking for...haven't tried it though.

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/586
smitjel

Post by smitjel »

mjpd1 wrote: Any chance someone could help me out with adding the Smiley box next to the Quick Reply box? I've got the Smiley box showing up, but clicking them does nothing. It should be fairly easy to incorporate the Smiley's with the Quick Reply.

Javascript is what writes the smiley's. Did you port that over as well?

Please post your mods if you figure it out...that'd be a nice addition to this mod.
kittykatt

Post by kittykatt »

Woohoo for being a daft swede I did it, its working at my place :lol:
I am obsessed by installing new forums (we all have our faults)... need help, let me know. :)
http://www.whippetforum.net (Swe)

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”