[2.0.20] Topic Permissions

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
65%
Very Good
20%
Good
10%
Fair
No votes
Poor
5%

Total votes: 20

egypttpyge

Post by egypttpyge »

Fayo wrote: Strange thing... I just opened one of the forum for everyone - even the guests can publish. But when they do, after the topic there appears a note: This topic is password-protected (well, or something like this, I translated it and I'm not sure what was the original exactly). The funiiest thing of all, I cannot remove this note. There is nothing written in the line for password (when I, as admin, try to edit the post). Sometimes the box "click here to remove the password" appears... but sometimes it does not. What...?

Yes that always happens when guests post.
SoC

Post by SoC »

I have installed the Mod and it works well....Great work!!!

Now i just want to have the topic password in one forum of the whole board....is it possible to realise that?
Fayo

Post by Fayo »

For the time being, you can use the built-in ability of phpbb to create forums available only for certain groups. It's probably as functional as setting a password on a board.
Last edited by Fayo on Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperFedya

Post by SuperFedya »

I have problem in functions_post.php.

I cannot start new topic:
Error in posting

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0, 0, 0)' at line 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_title, topic_noguest, topic_noguest_level, topic_password, topic_pass_level, topic_description, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_adminedit, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote) VALUES ('edawsdsad', '0', '0', '', '', 'dsadsa', 3, 1140297979, 1, , 0, 0, 0)

Line : 296
File : functions_post.php

This problem after this line:

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 

topic_title, 

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 

topic_noguest, topic_noguest_level, topic_password, topic_pass_level, 
And, i cannot reply to topic:
You are not logged in to this topic

I think, what first error this problem whit "Save posts as drafts Mod".
And second, maybe problem whit session.php?

Swizec, maybe i will send you my functions_post.php and session.php file, and you will help me resolve this problem? Please, this mod realy great :)
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

MOD Updated to version 1.3.4
See first post for Download Link
egypttpyge

Post by egypttpyge »

Swizec wrote:
egypttpyge wrote:
egypttpyge wrote:
The problems have to do with group permission. When I set the Topic Password, Topic Ban and Topic No Guest to private and assign permission to a certain group, I can only turn Topic Password on and off. The Topic Ban is always off and the Topic No Guest is always on.

bump

Ok sorry for taking so long to try this, but it seems to work fine here. Try reinstalling the mod and if the problem persists then I'm lost as to what could be the problem.

It might be that something goes screwy in the transaction of the board to the db or something *shrugs*

Has the issue with group permission been resolved in the last update?

Thanks
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Finally updated this thing to fix the minor bug of the "this topic is passworded" appearing on every guest topic.

Update can be found here
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

quite poorly presented mod file ye got there
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

deejaybet wrote: quite poorly presented mod file ye got there

Uhm... huh?

It's a mod file with the normal mod template...

What's poorly presented?
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

its not layed out like the normal mod files... its all unclean and messy looking compared to other mod files i have
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

deejaybet wrote: its not layed out like the normal mod files... its all unclean and messy looking compared to other mod files i have

O.o

It has exactly the same layout as any other mod. Perhaps only it does too much with editing big chunks of code
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

well i open it on notepad... unless u can recommend any other program, but the mod file lines run along side each other instead of the normal style.. what do you use to view the mod files?
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Heh, that's not a problem with the mod file, it's a problem with you using software that cannot interpret Linux line-endings.

WordPad is standardly available and able to show these line-endings afaik, don't know about anything else though.
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet »

oh right lol much clearer now lol.. all the other mods seam readable in notepad compared to this.. shall use wordpad now instead :)... thanks for tellin me the proper program :) and sorry for the confusion
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Heh no prob

There isn't many manual installing people left so usually they dont' even notice the difference in line-endings.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”