[Tool] phpBB 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 Code Changes

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in here. No new MODs will be accepted into the MOD Database for phpBB2
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
63%
Very Good
10%
Good
9%
Fair
5%
Poor
13%

Total votes: 153

AndrewThomas

Post by AndrewThomas » Thu May 12, 2005 3:12 pm

i get this when trying to access my ACP

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/admin/login.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
www.technoputa.com

Cause EVERYONE Listens To Techno

AndrewThomas

Post by AndrewThomas » Thu May 12, 2005 3:36 pm

AndrewThomas wrote: i get this when trying to access my ACP

Not Found
The requested URL /forum/admin/login.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

ok after reading the threads i found removing this code in pagestart.php to work

Code: Select all

if (!$userdata['session_admin'])
 {
    redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=admin/&admin=1", true));
 }
seems to me that when people were upgrading from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 didnt upgrade correctly causing double login issues accessing the ACP
now phpbb made a new version to fix the problem for the idiots who cant upgrade, leaving the people who upgraded correctly with a perfectly working board now with a messed up one
www.technoputa.com

Cause EVERYONE Listens To Techno

v-h

Post by v-h » Thu May 12, 2005 6:27 pm

did the update manually on a heavily modified board.
everything seems to be ok.

phpbb team, nice to keep us updated :)

iamelton

Post by iamelton » Thu May 12, 2005 6:38 pm

did the update manually on my board (with about 40 mods) successfully..

one point to mention:
i once updated the db schema and "admin/pagestart.php", and then went ahead trying the admin panel login feature immediately.. but only to find out that the admin panel link kept returning me to the forum index page..

i then figured out the problem was a result of my not updating "login.php" and "includes/sessions.php" beforehand.. after i did these 2 updates, the expected admin panel second login works..

so be sure you have done the following correctly before trying to test this feature:

(1) update db (using update_to_latest.php provided and putting it in a sub-directory of your forum root)
(2) update "admin/pagestart.php"
(3) update "includes/sessions.php"
(4) update "login.php"

thx to the developers and also acyd burn of the manual update code change files..

have fun manual updating! :lol:

asinshesq
Name: Alan

Post by asinshesq » Thu May 12, 2005 7:15 pm

iamelton wrote: ...so be sure you have done the following correctly before trying to test this feature:

(1) update db (using update_to_latest.php provided and putting it in a sub-directory of your forum root)
(4) update "login.php"...

Right, that's what I did (and that's what I think a lot of people who reported the ACP problem here did), whether they had fun manually upgarding or had fun using EM ;) . I remain convinced there is a problem for some people with some server and directory configs even if the mod is applied perfectly. (In fact, as I mentioned earlier, I get exactly the same behavior when I use a clean set of 2.0.15 files rather than an upgrade from 2.0.14.)

Doesn't bother me because I do not like the double login to begin with, but people who are seeing this problem should not necessarily assume they have installed the mod wrong or that it is conflicting with other mods on their boards.

-jm-
Former Team Member

Post by -jm- » Thu May 12, 2005 7:16 pm

NightriderXP wrote: Image

It would be interesting to find out if anyone else has seen this problem.

no. I edited my test user profile (link management on the left frame) and it was edited successfully

Same thing done via Admin userlist. no problem.
-jm- (a.k.a. juanm) - *NO* private support
Hacked?
With so many beautiful colors in the world it’s a shame to make everything black and white - Dennis R. Little
my links: tips&stuff :: stuff only

iamelton

Post by iamelton » Thu May 12, 2005 7:39 pm

asinshesq wrote:
iamelton wrote:...so be sure you have done the following correctly before trying to test this feature:

(4) update "login.php"...

Right, that's what I did (and that's what I think a lot of people who reported the ACP problem here did), whether they had fun manually upgarding or had fun using EM ;) . I remain convinced there is a problem for some people with some server and directory configs even if the mod is applied perfectly. (In fact, as I mentioned earlier, I get exactly the same behavior when I use a clean set of 2.0.15 files rather than an upgrade from 2.0.14.)

Doesn't bother me because I do not like the double login to begin with, but people who are seeing this problem should not necessarily assume they have installed the mod wrong or that it is conflicting with other mods on their boards.

yup i almost turned into a "manual update preacher".. just almost.. :lol:

i agree to ur saying that probably certain server configs cause the prevalent admin panel login problem.. but since it didnt happen in my hosting server, i couldnt test on this for the various scenarios..

one solution which works for certain people is to change "admin/pagestart.php" line 64 from

redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=admin/&admin=1", true));
to

redirect(append_sid("login.$phpEx?redirect=admin/index.php&admin=1", true));
if this is the solution, then i think the server is not configured to use "index.php" as the default page..

another suggested solution is to change to

redirect(append_sid("../login.$phpEx?redirect=admin/&admin=1", true));
if this is the solution, im not sure why the code thinks its executing under the admin subdirectory.. i guess better check the url that is displayed when clicking at the admin panel link to have a speculation.. and make sure no file under forum root is mistakenly uploaded to admin sub-directory, and vice versa..

if there are other solutions found, pls let us all here know.. :wink:

Kemars

Post by Kemars » Thu May 12, 2005 7:57 pm

ChrisRLG wrote: Can't Access AdminCP - redirect back to index.php

Have seen a couple of posters with this problem, but it seems they have removed the MOD for that section to get round the problems, I would like to keep the MOD if possiable.

What it happening to me and what I have done is as follows.

1. I use a testforum to try all updates first, ( http://testforum.malwareremoval.com ) live bing at http://forum.malwareremoval.com )

2. I did the update from the txt file, and then used the test access to the forum, it did not have the DB changes at that stage (Both areas use the same DB).

3. Did the update to the main forum as it did not seem anything to the testforum was broken. Did the install link to update the DB.

4. Now when in main forum and try to access adminCP I get returned with a refresh of the index page. In the test forum I get access to adminCP but without needing the login page as this was supposted to provide.

What should I do now. I have double checked the updated code and all seems correct. I realise I could just restore admin/pagestart.php to get access, but I am trying to keep the forum as secure as possible with the latest code.

EDIT :- BTW I can't now logout of the forum neither :( it just refreshes and stays logged in.

This is now what I am getting as well - mentioned above exactly.

i went from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
http://www.iesaf.fi / http://www.kemars.com

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu May 12, 2005 9:15 pm

-jm- wrote: no. I edited my test user profile (link management on the left frame) and it was edited successfully

Same thing done via Admin userlist. no problem.

Ok, thanks jm. I'm going to roll back the version update and see if that has any affect. If not, then I may roll back several MODs until I can find the one that is causing this little bug. Since I have no clue when it started, I don't know how far back I would have to go to fix this. I had to go back 20 MODs to find the cause of a strnage problem once before. Thankfully it doesn't take that long to roll things back then reinstall again...

:lol:

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Thu May 12, 2005 9:22 pm

NightriderXP wrote: ...Ok, thanks jm. I'm going to roll back the version update and see if that has any affect. If not, then I may roll back several MODs until I can find the one that is causing this little bug. Since I have no clue when it started, I don't know how far back I would have to go to fix this. I had to go back 20 MODs to find the cause of a strnage problem once before. Thankfully it doesn't take that long to roll things back then reinstall again...

Wouldn't it be faster to just directly troubleshoot...rather than figuring out which mod may be at fault, just go into the file that is giving you that no user exists error message (I presume it is admin_users.php but if it's not you can find the text in lang_main.php and then search in all your files for the place where that language variable is called). Then sprinkle around a few strategic echo and message_die lines and you ought to be able to trace the problem pretty quickly since it is such a specific and easily reproduceable problem.
Last edited by asinshesq on Thu May 12, 2005 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Thu May 12, 2005 9:26 pm

[deleted double post]

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu May 12, 2005 9:31 pm

asinshesq wrote: Wouldn't it be faster to just dirctly troubleshoot...rather than figuring out which mod may be at fault, just go into the file that is giving you that no user exists error message (you can find the text in lang_main.php and then search in all your files for the place where that language variable is called). Then sprinkle around a few strategic echo and message_die lines and you ought to be able to trace the problem pretty quickly since it is such a specific and easily reproduceable problem.

Yes, I could do that, but then I still might not know which MOD caused the problem. Since I help others install MODs on their boards and I recommend a lot of these MODs, I may be recommending MODs that would break their boards. It also would be nice to be able to tell the MOD author that their MOD has a problem...

If I were to go back much further than 20 or 30 MODs and not find the culprit, then I might just reinstall the MODs and search for the problem as you suggest. I would hate to recommend a MOD to someone if it has a serious problem though...

asinshesq

Post by asinshesq » Thu May 12, 2005 9:33 pm

NightriderXP wrote: ...but then I still might not know which MOD caused the problem....

It would likely be obvious (since mods tend to be annotated with 'start mod xyz' and end mod xyz', but suit yourself.

NightriderXP

Post by NightriderXP » Thu May 12, 2005 9:37 pm

asinshesq wrote:
NightriderXP wrote:...but then I still might not know which MOD caused the problem....

It would likely be obvious (since mods tend to be annotated with 'start mod xyz' and end mod xyz', but suit yourself.

Some are, but I don't think that most of the MODs that I have installed do that. I will try your approach first and see where that goes. Thanks for the suggestion, asinshesq...

blinddruid

Post by blinddruid » Fri May 13, 2005 12:24 am

I dont know if this has been discussed but the problem I am having is that if anyone uses the url tags the entry does not appear in the posts. Any ideas?

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Releases”